would u have a baby for a gay guy?

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why would you want to do that a kid? Put him in the position of not knowing his real parents and having to go through the humiliating experience of being raised by a gay couple? I'm saying this second point as a stigma, not necessarily my own opinion. Bottomline: it's not fair to the kid.

Yea, they should have kids and move to Canada. US is not suitable for kids.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why dont you find a lesbian woman who wants kids too?

And "not make you a part of the kids life" sounds highly unethical.

i would prefer to have complete custody of the kid, minimizing the kind of tug of war that inevitably evolves between two seperate couples trying to raise a kid and disagreeing on everything.

a lesbian chick would be great, but then if she has a partner and i have a partner you've already got a freakin committee to get approval for to make even the simplest decision for the kids best interest. and the kid would basically grow up in the same kind of dysfunctional divorce environment.

my dad had unilateral control over me and my brothers (after he divorced) and we knew exactly where we stood, and because of that we have a very secure sense of self confidence and always had a strong role model. I want that sense of security for my kids too, no worrying about "aunties" or step parents, or tertiary parental figures tentatively committed, lurking in the shadows. no chaos, just order. and really i'm NOT a control freak, honest.

Reactions: 12loner

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think that's such a ridiculous way of looking at it, bigman420. As long as you don't live in the bigoted south of America or in Eastern Europe, tolerance for gay couples is high. Children get picked on for everything - too fat, too thin, their hair, their clothes, etc. - does that mean no one should have a child on the off chance they might get picked on? Of course not. A lot of my friends are gay and I'm getting so, so, so sick of people dreaming up excuses to stop them getting equal rights and fair treatment!

When is the last time that you personally have been to the American South or Eastern Europe? I live in one and have visited the other it's not as full of bigotry and hate as you might think. For example...the last time I visited Moldova with a gay couple I know we met up with some gay friends that lived there to go to dinner. They held hands as they walked down the street and even kissed each other at one point and nothing was said by anyone the entire night. Do things like that still happen there? Yes...but you can't say it's any more common than any other place when put in the right situation. Having lived in the American South my entire life I can safely say there is a thriving gay community that lives for the most part in equality with the rest of society.....especially in Atlanta. I think it's unfair of you to throw those two regions under the bus when plenty of hate crimes towards gays occur all over the world.

The key for this type of situation to work is knowing where not to live and having a support system....because no matter where you are there will always be people who disagree with your lifestyle whether it be a gay/lesbian couple raising a child, simply choosing to be gay or lesbian, interracial dating, or choosing to cover your entire body in piercings or tattoos.

Bottom line....you can't control how people feel about you....or your children....even when almost every aspect of your life is normal.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yea, they should have kids and move to Canada. US is not suitable for kids.

u r such a US hater

look we're sorry for the last 8 yrs but we got a new guy running things now, so cut us some slack.

i want my kids to be able to walk WITHOUT skates or skis on their feet, canada only has 13 days of summer

also, gettin hit in the head with a puck isn't good for any kid.

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When is the last time that you personally have been to the American South or Eastern Europe? I live in one and have visited the other it's not as full of bigotry and hate as you might think. For example...the last time I visited Moldova with a gay couple I know we met up with some gay friends that lived there to go to dinner. They held hands as they walked down the street and even kissed each other at one point and nothing was said by anyone the entire night. Do things like that still happen there? Yes...but you can't say it's any more common than any other place when put in the right situation. Having lived in the American South my entire life I can safely say there is a thriving gay community that lives for the most part in equality with the rest of society.....especially in Atlanta. I think it's unfair of you to throw those two regions under the bus when plenty of hate crimes towards gays occur all over the world.

The key for this type of situation to work is knowing where not to live and having a support system....because no matter where you are there will always be people who disagree with your lifestyle whether it be a gay/lesbian couple raising a child, simply choosing to be gay or lesbian, interracial dating, or choosing to cover your entire body in piercings or tattoos.

Bottom line....you can't control how people feel about you....or your children....even when almost every aspect of your life is normal.

US South is absolutely NOT safe for gays and they should certainly not be having kids down there.

ABC News

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
u r such a US hater

look we're sorry for the last 8 yrs but we got a new guy running things now, so cut us some slack.

i want my kids to be able to walk WITHOUT skates or skis on their feet, canada only has 13 days of summer

also, gettin hit in the head with a puck isn't good for any kid.

:biggrin1:

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i would prefer to have complete custody of the kid, minimizing the kind of tug of war that inevitably evolves between two seperate couples trying to raise a kid and disagreeing on everything.

a lesbian chick would be great, but then if she has a partner and i have a partner you've already got a freakin committee to get approval for to make even the simplest decision for the kids best interest. and the kid would basically grow up in the same kind of dysfunctional divorce environment.

my dad had unilateral control over me and my brothers (after he divorced) and we knew exactly where we stood, and because of that we have a very secure sense of self confidence and always had a strong role model. I want that sense of security for my kids too, no worrying about "aunties" or step parents, or tertiary parental figures tentatively committed, lurking in the shadows. no chaos, just order. and really i'm NOT a control freak, honest.

Thats why the mother should be a great friend of yours, preferably someone you've known for a long time. Your bf can have a kid from her too so the kids would be biologically related (that sister thingie you mentioned was a bit weird).

And I still think you should come to Canada. Think of the children!! :D

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When is the last time that you personally have been to the American South or Eastern Europe? .

i appreciate your defense mechanism, but i also think it's all relative. I've never lived in the US south or EASTERN europe, i've lived in western europe, and on the west coast here and in some island nations, so my take on the southern US and eastern europe is only from visiting there, which is admittedly very different from living there.

I don't think the south has any fewer gays, but there is more active homophobia, than here in socal. and as far as eastern europe goes i'd say it's less prejudiced than the southern US, but on the other hand the south has a strange way of accepting gays, and letting it simmer under the radar without making a huge deal out of it, for a tourist its' a confusing protocol. u have to understand what outsiders see is voting trends which tend to be wacky bible belt extremes of intolerance.

i think u wrapped it up pretty well, no matter where u are and no matter what your politics, there will be somebody who has a problem with some part of it.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
(that sister thingie you mentioned was a bit weird).

And I still think you should come to Canada. Think of the children!! :D

ur a thorough reader for a canadian

anyway my only sister is a 1/2 sister and she would'nt be a candidate , she has personality disorders, clinically diagnosed with bitchitis. my dad is not her father, and she's a good example of what happens when u don't grow up in a stable household.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
US South is absolutely NOT safe for gays and they should certainly not be having kids down there.

ABC News

That's your perspective. That's what you've seen on the news or heard about. I happen to live in the US South and know what goes on here on a daily basis. I have hundreds of gay friends and family members....some of which have children together. They live perfectly normal lives. Yes it may be a bit worse here but we are in what is considered to be the "bible belt" and as is no surprise most mainstream religious people don't agree with the homosexual or other "deviant" lifestyles. While you may have to be a bit more picky here as to what community you choose to live in and such you can still live a normal and productive life in the Southern US if you're homosexual, heterosexual or otherwise.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That's your perspective. That's what you've seen on the news or heard about. I happen to live in the US South and know what goes on here on a daily basis. I have hundreds of gay friends and family members....some of which have children together. They live perfectly normal lives. Yes it may be a bit worse here but we are in what is considered to be the "bible belt" and as is no surprise most mainstream religious people don't agree with the homosexual or other "deviant" lifestyles. While you may have to be a bit more picky here as to what community you choose to live in and such you can still live a normal and productive life in the Southern US if you're homosexual, heterosexual or otherwise.

i think i'd rather be gay than black in the south is that racist?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

ABC News

i think i should be ur mentor i only say that cuz if you were 6 yrs younger i'd want to adopt u, but at your age the mentor/protege relationship makes more sense

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i think i'd rather be gay than black in the south is that racist?

lil bit....but in some ways true. I do have black friends that seem to have more problems than gay friends (unless they're black and then their problems are about equal).

lisa_2662

1st Like
Media

ABC News

That is ridiculous. I live in the South and know several gay couples raising children, and they are perfectly safe and fantastic parents. I'm sure there are some places all over the country that are very intolerant and might not be the best place for such a family to live, but there are so many more great communities where everyone is accepted and nobody cares as long as you're a good person.

To answer the original question, I definitely would, and would consider it a great honor to be asked by somebody that wanted children. However, I'd probably want to conceive the old fashioned way, which most people probably wouldn't be down with.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
However, I'd probably want to conceive the old fashioned way, which most people probably wouldn't be down with.

you must have missed my subsequent post on that subject, that would be part of the deal for me too. I don't want a mad scientist concieved baby, keep ur test tubes, and your turkey basters, i am completely equipped to handle the job! :biggrin1:....all natural from beginning to end for me. maybe even a water chamber birth. but that's negotiable.

Media
i havent read this whole thread but the first post.

Personally here is my view on this.

I wouldn't do this at all. Why? I would feel like a tool used to make you happy by bearing a child for you. That's hard work 9 months of pregnancy to be used for your joys of having a child. No. Secondly if we can't do the nasty then forget it. If you want a child the natural way then it's you and me doing it. Otherwise I'd be a tool. At least make it feel like we did it for some purpose hell I don't know. I think regular adoption works. There are plenty of kids that need a home. I don't need to bring more into a world of no promises.

lisa_2662

1st Like
Media
you must have missed my subsequent post on that subject, that would be part of the deal for me too. I don't want a mad scientist concieved baby, keep ur test tubes, and your turkey basters, i am completely equipped to handle the job! :biggrin1:....all natural from beginning to end for me. maybe even a water chamber birth. but that's negotiable.

Haha ok good. I know some gay men are disgusted by the mere thought of sex with a woman, but I guess not all are. :cool:

Seems silly to spend so much money trying to do it artificially when it can work perfectly fine the natual way. Artificial only makes sense to me where there is just no other way...but obviously that's a very personal decision I imagine and as long as people end up getting what they want I'm all for any of it.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Haha ok good. I know some gay men are disgusted by the mere thought of sex with a woman, but I guess not all are. :cool:

Well, i've had sex with plenty of chicks, and enjoyed them all, it's just that now when i see a hot chick i don't automatically want to fuk her just cuz she's hot but its more about some kind of brain stem breeding instinct that kicks in. (maturity?) the idea that the "act" might result in a baby is VERY sexy to me, and turns me on in a way that is completely different from sex with guys. sex with women has a higher purpose, sex with guys is totally hot fun indulgent sex (maybe vain even?).

I know other gay guys who would rather be shot than get anywhere near a pussy but even though i find recreational sex hotter with dudes, there's the other side of me that finds "breeding" with a woman a whole different kind of hot. i think it's evolutionary, and i don't think there's anything more cosmically significant than fathering a child. and being a great father.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also would want to plant the seed myself, raised catholic i'm not very keen on the mad scientist laboratory methods. it would have to be all natural from the beginning.

I find it funny that your such a devout catholic that you're 90%, and think its okay, but won't have the sperm planted. If you were to plant the seed urself that'd go against pre-marital sex aswell, plus it'd be with someone different than you plan to spend the rest of your life with.