Would You Bail me Out?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: So a conversation with Paul sparked this thought of mine...

I got to wondering...if I was tossed in jail, and the fine was more than $1000 to get me out...how many of my "close" friends would actually dig in their pockets to get me out? How many of them would I bail out?

How many of YOUR friends would bail you out? How many would you fork out that kinda money for?

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Well, you knew I was going to reply to this one.

There are about 6 people I would bail out.

What I didn't enjoy was having to take a breathalyzer test to GET a friend out of jail. As the "responsible party" in Wisconsin you can not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when you're getting someone in your custody.

7x6&C

3. Imported

Gold Member

SimplyHung: I wouldn't fork out that much money for anyone. I'd contribute a couple hundred to the pool, but that's it.

4. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: It would depend on what they were charged with and whether or not I thought they were guilty, but I can think of four or five people, other than family, who I would bail out.

The ones I wouldn't bail out are those who already have demonstrated self destructive behavior and have shown that they won't stop at dragging others down with them.

5. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: There's two or three people in my life who not only would I bail them out, but I'd take the rap for them, as well, if it were necessary.

So, what prompts this question, Sammy?  Anything you need to tell us?  Are the Mounties starting to close in?

6. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Nah, Monstro - it was me doing the bailing this weekend...Sammy had remarked that it must have been a good friend.

And it was. One of my best.

7x6&C

7. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: There are a few (4) very close friends who I would bail out, no questions asked, although I would probably not ever let them live it down. lol There are also a couple other friends that I would probably do it as a last resort, if they couldn't get anyone else to do it.
    If the tables were turned, and I was the one who needed to be bailed out, I think that my closest friends would do it for me, no questions asked.

8. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: I can think of five friends who would bail me out but only one of those would ask no questions. The others would want all the skinny.

9. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    depended if I had the money.. I think that would be the only factor.

10. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

This one hit close to home! One of my fellow dancers landed in jail. We found out the night it happened, and we collected the tips we made dancing that night to post his bail. So, Sammy, if you ever get arrested in New Orleans, you know whom to call. My buds and I will have you out in a jiffy! ;)

11. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=99;num=1064793233;start=0#9 date=09/28/03 at 19:26:55]My buds and I will have you out in a jiffy! ;) [/quote]

Or is that a jiggle?

Pecker

(Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggy," until you can find a rock big enough.)

12. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Aside from having the money, it would also depend on whether the friend would pay me back or not. I mean, it's THEIR fault they are in jail, not matter how good of friends I am with them.

13. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Well, I think Max's dad would come bail me out with a stern "Girl, how'd you get yourself into this?" ... and then an aside to Max "Boy, do girls really get into handcuffs this much?" :D

Actually I can only think of about five who would come for me for that kind of money - and maybe only five I would do the same for myself

14. Imported

Gold Member

Maximillian: Bail you out when I have a suspicion you just wanted to be cuffed for awhile? Dont forget I know you love ;) you know Me too, I would be pounding on the jail doors yelling "take the cuffs off unless you have candlewax too or she gets vicious!!" while waving money.

15. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Gigz-

Well but you get bail back if they don't flee and fail to show for court. The court sends it to the "bailor" directly.

I certainly am not paying the fine for my friend...in this way it is a matter of trust, and to some, if you have the money, a way of showing the bonds and mutual belief in the strength of your friendship.

7x6&C

16. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Maximillian--I think you'd have about 12,081 (that was the latest membership count) others contributing to that fund--either dollars or candles. Or both...

17. Imported

Gold Member

bblumbee: There are a couple of people I would bail out with no questions asked, simply because I know these individuals that well. However, for some others... I will leave that unanswered.

I know, or at least I hope I know, a couple of people who would do the same for me, mainly those individuals aforementioned. Other than that, I don't think I would call anyone.

Also, fortunately for me, I do have a "limited" legal background and am able to represent myself quite well. And, if all else fails... I would regretfully FLIRT. :D

bb

18. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: bb-

Has flirting taken the place of insanity as the last defense? :D

Yes, one would like to think that those one would bail out would reciprocate....I know I sure would in the situation this thread involves.

7x6&C

19. Imported

Gold Member

bblumbee: Well, I must confess that I have abused it and that it has worked positively for me. I will leave it at that...

Draft saved Draft deleted