Would you be insulted?

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Im not the type to be parading around guys or constantly chasing them so ive always had people asking am i gay? The response i usually give them is along the lines of " Anything is a possibility"

But i dont see gay as a bad thing so id never take it as an insult

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
inkubus963 said:
Uhh, not pre-judging here, and speaking exclusively as someone who is frequently perceived as a "stupid nigger, albino or Ali-abu-mohammed-turbo-ist", how did we get from people thinking that straight men might be gay to racial comparisons? Did that really need to be brought to this thread to make your point?

I'm a Taurean, you light a fire under a bull's ass, and it runs amok in no apparent direction. I am the fire, AND the bull. :)

On Topic. Of one thing that maybe still is a point to consider, is that I think in general, being called 'gay' is an insult to most young people. Heck, I ask any random guy of my age and I'm probably going to get a few organs removed.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I once had a girlfriend. When we broke up, she was not too happy and queried if I were gay. I felt that was rather unfair.

Because of my single status, occasionally, people still ask me if I am gay. I tell them I prefer animals. "Sheep have such lovely long lashes..... they do something to me...," I would tell them.

What I do with whom/what behind closed doors is nobody's business but my own.

reir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
EnglishGentleman said:
Following on from the "Straight guys- handsome men" thread...

To other straight guys... If someone suggested you might be gay, would you be insulted or would you just wonder why they'd made the mistake? and why? The "why" is probably the most significant part of the question.

Thoughts from gay/bi guys and ladies on the subject welcome.

Why does your sexual orientation have to reflect, in any way, your behavior and demeanor/disposition? That's like saying all people of a certain race act alike... It's simply not true.

I know flamboyant straight guys and gay guys that are just the opposite. I don't believe orientation/race/etc. needs to be seen has having direct impact on your personality or behavior.

Mighty Joe

Experimental Member
Media
I was at a football game and had to use the urinal. As I was pissing, this dude comes in and stands next to me. I tried to take a peak at his cock without being obvious but the beers evidentally made me less discrete. Anyway, he turns to me and asks "if I'm queer", to which I replied "no, I don't date girls." It's a wonder he hadn't knocked the rest of the piss out of me.

Cannibal Lecter

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I wouldn't be insulted at all. It's happened a fair amount of times too. Mostly its just disheartening when a girl I wouldn't mind sleeping with brings it up in conversation. Or its just annoying when you get hit on by a gay guy and he just won't take "no" for an answer. So its just like, "sure guy, give me your number, yes I'll give you a call blah blah blah" till he walks away and leaves you alone.

Pensive Josh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been called "gay" in the past, and it has never bothered me. I wouldn't really say I'm completely straight either. I have gone out with a guy, but I would say that I'm only attracted to guys on a physical level. I definitely think that a lot of people have a negative attitude towards gays, and perhaps being called "gay" is a way to ostracize guys whose behavior is questionable to them. I've never really been sure why it offends so many people, but that's just my guess.

Pensive Josh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think calling someone's sexuality into question is just used as firepower by the sexually insecure. People have always had that sort of compulsion to scapegoat people who don't match the paradigm.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I wasn't insulted but wasn't too happy because it meant that my dress sense was far too stylish and put me in the more fashionable gay catagory.

I had to dress down after that to prove my str8ness and no longer attract homophobes and gays.:rolleyes: Pity it didn't help to attract more women though!:confused:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I find any personal questions from a stranger to be insulting. What ever happened to respect and good manners? Sheesh! If you knew me well, you wouldn't have to ask such a question. If you don't know me that well, shut the hell up.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Been there, done that, even had an ex-lover's DAUGHTER (the lover was 50 , i was 36) throw a drink in my face, pepper me with anti-gay remarks , and told me "You better not give my mom HIV."
funny thing was, the daughter would become one of my more forgettable conquests after her mom and I stopped seeing each other-guess she had to test the waters ... BTW , having sex with her was like screwing a sloppy fish taco .
but she learned..um..first HAND (?) I was straight enough to last about 45 minutes with her.. and she STILL bugs me for sex to this day, to her mom's chagrin (as we'vew slept toghether a good many times since the incidednt.
Call me a pig , if you wish, but do NOT call me gay-
-you'd be cutting down all the gay people to equate me to them! :)