Would you be upset if you were buried in a casket bought at Costco?

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No. I've already told my daughter I want to be cremated in an old wardrobe. Have never been able to see the point on wasting money and wood on something that is going to be burned.

Some people have more money than sense.

Honour me in your heart, not your wallet!!!

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always said, why waste a good tree? I'm going to have a nice-looking, but cheap coffin. Buried or cremated; a silk-lined, solid oak coffin is a waste in my opinion. The beauty of that tree would be much more worthwhile and wouldn't break the bank either.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A COSTCO coffin??:irked: Jeez, just when you thought you couldn't get any cheaper. On the other hand, sorry, but not enjoying the prospect of literally being reduced to ashes either when i go. Probably do like my uncle said before he died in '82;"Stick a hambone up my ass & leave me for the dogs."

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've told my family I wanted to be creamted, with my ashes buried or scattered somewhere. I'd rather not have my body rot inside a big expensive casket. My partner just wants a simple pine pox- they break down faster, and it's more eco friendly.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've actually already prepaid for cremation and this service....

Nice, but :frown1:

Unless I come into enough money that the cost of a coffin and plot is comparable to pennies, I would want my passing to be the least expensive that it could be. Would rather my survivors get what little I leave, rather than a business that couldn't care less about me.

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've actually already prepaid for cremation and this service....

How pretty!

Personally I'm on the cremation wagon. I would rather be taken to the mountains and scattered into the wind, then whenever the wind blows it's like I'm there with the person that misses me.:smile: The idea of being buried in any coffin gives me the creeps, though I really wouldn't care if it came from Costo if someone misunderstood my last wishes. Plus why waste the money?

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been fond of the idea of burial, for some reason. I'd much prefer being cremated.
A lot of people don't like the thought of being buried - it's something to do with the maggots, I think. :tongue: Sorry, it had to be said!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yeth, cuz my people would have ignored my wishes if they buried me. i would so haunt the pants off'em.

i'm an organ/tissue donor. when the tinkerers are done with the good bits, burn the rest. scatter the ashes on moving water.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
In many countries on this side of the pond the casket is cremated with the body.

Two of my nearest and dearest were cremated in wicker coffins - the coffins were very simple and lovely and much cheaper than those Costco coffins.

Wicker coffins are also a good option for interments.

I don't much care what my people decide to do with my mortal remains - whatever brings them most comfort and peace.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In many countries on this side of the pond the casket is cremated with the body.

One of my oddest experiences when I lived in France was a funeral at Pere Lachaise. After the obligatory prayers and psalms, the casket (which was placed on a conveyer belt) was gripped by this strange claw-like device and slowly pushed forward; when it was inches from the end, a trap door opened into a cremation furnace, complete with flames. We watched the bouquets placed on top of the casket burst into flames and that door stayed open much too long for my taste.

About fifteen minutes later we were brought to a certain wall famous for ash-spreading and watched the deceased get spread with something that looked pretty much exactly like a flour sifter.

I never met the woman we were honoring at the funeral, but I have to say that the entire experience was deeply, sincerely moving.

A lot of people don't like the thought of being buried - it's something to do with the maggots, I think. :tongue: Sorry, it had to be said!

That, yes, but I've always thought it a waste of land, for some odd reason. I remember discussing it with my grandmother (gawd knows how it came up) when I was still just a kid (like seven or eight), and she argued strenuously on her wishes to be buried, not cremated. As she was a sort of closeted atheist, this wasn't a religious thing, but she was adamant and unwavering. Twenty years later, when she did die, my grandfather buried her at enormous expense he could ill afford; he was cremated.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That, yes, but I've always thought it a waste of land, for some odd reason. I remember discussing it with my grandmother (gawd knows how it came up) when I was still just a kid (like seven or eight), and she argued strenuously on her wishes to be buried, not cremated. As she was a sort of closeted atheist, this wasn't a religious thing, but she was adamant and unwavering. Twenty years later, when she did die, my grandfather buried her at enormous expense he could ill afford; he was cremated.
I can see the waste of land logic - it makes sense to me. I'm going to stop thinking about this, I'll be writing my will in a minute. :tongue: