Would you be upset if you were buried in a casket bought at Costco?

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, yes.
Actually, it's called the Kiss Kasket. Here's a pic.
It would be good in the same way that a good wake would be good.
Weeks of good talk.
$4500 unsigned, $5000 signed.
At that price! Forget it, I've changed my mind! Holy coffin, Batman! With that money, I could find a cure for death...wait a minute... :up:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
screw being burned up or buried at a cost I am on a medical research donation list. After they cut me up and learn things they dispose of what's left of me, the family will pay nothing.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
screw being burned up or buried at a cost I am on a medical research donation list. After they cut me up and learn things they dispose of what's left of me, the family will pay nothing.

This is a thought. I want to be cremated, and I want my organs donated. But if my organs are harvested, then the remains of my remains will not quite do for medical student's dissection - bits would be missing.

I'll have to think around this problem.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I want to be freeze dried. It's the next wave of corpse disposal. Eco friendly and turns the newly deceased into ecofriendly organic compost. The only problem is that I can't die until it's approved in Canada. I think the process is about to be approved in Sweden.

Ah, the things you learn by reading!

(I read about it in a book I bought called 'Stiff' - it wasn't about what I thought it was ....)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else find it odd to purchase an expensive coffin only to have it cremated along with you? I mean what's the point other than throwing money at the funeral parlor?

What happens to grandma's gold fillings when she gets cremated? Does the crematorium just cash in?

D_Dick_Dock_Doe

Account Disabled
Media
Does anyone else find it odd to purchase an expensive coffin only to have it cremated along with you? I mean what's the point other than throwing money at the funeral parlor?

What happens to grandma's gold fillings when she gets cremated? Does the crematorium just cash in?

You ask a very telling question, dude. A lot of funeral homes do things such as forcing consumers to purchase caskets even though they've elected to be cremated. Unfortunately, many Americans are woefully ignorant of their rights under the national Funeral Rule. And the funeral industry is perfectly happy with that. They continue to be one of the most under-regulated industries in the US. And they've successfully made the whole topic of death and dying something we're afraid to discuss because it's "morbid."

No. I think it's a waste of money buying hugely expensive, tasteless coffins that are only going to be burnt or buried anyway (or probably re-sold to someone else once you're cremated!).
Cardboard box, and fun get-together after the funeral will do me. :)

Patchos told me she wants to be laid on a pyre in the middle of the Ganges, and pecked at by birds. :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

InsaneJester

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ill be dead so it doesn't matter to me, I want whatever family I have to make the best decision for them as to burial. To me a body after Im dead is just a body. Im not in favor of cremation but besides that whatever works.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
new plan: keep the organ/tissue donor thing. the rest of me is pelleted up into fish food.
then scattered at sea.

i like the idea of feeding fishies.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I personally don't want the space wasted by stuffing my useless body into some hole in the damned ground. If I had a choice, Ild want to be cremated and have my ashes put into little vials. Give em to those who touched me the most in this world. Not for my benefit but for thiers. A funeral isn't for the dead... Its for the living. And my funeral won't be a funeral, it will be an all out crazy party and not one tear of sadness should be shed. Only tears of joy or happiness as people recount their stories and let me live on in their memories. This traditional boohoo fest crap is just plain old dumb IMHO. :)

Last edited:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
new plan: keep the organ/tissue donor thing. the rest of me is pelleted up into fish food.
then scattered at sea.

i like the idea of feeding fishies.
One of my most loving pets was a fish. He was so loving! He would rub his nose/snout against the side of the tank when you came near. If he could live out of water, he'd have loved cuddles. He sparkled in the light. He was gorgeous.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As long as it isn't from Walmart, I won't back to haunt anyone.

My Dad is 92 and last year he built himself a pine box out in the shop. It is leaning morbidly against the side of the pool shed in plain view from the "Florida Room".

The plan is to be cremated and then we will fertilized the big cedar tree on the family land in B.C., with his and Mum's ashes. That tree has already consumed the remains of 6 different dead old folks. It's a lovely spot right next on the beach and smack up against grandpa's old boatshop. It's meaningless to the dead, but it's a nice place to go and share memories with the living.

But grandpa isn't there.. My grandmother predeceased him by five years and told him that she didn't want to spend eternity next to him. Sixty years had been enough! :tongue: She suggested another tree a couple hundred yards away for him. He opted to have his ashes spread out in the bay within sight of the cedar.