Would you break up with someone you found out was bi?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no problem in dating or being in love with bi men. I've had a couple of relationships with bi-sexual men. As long as they are faithfull to me within our relationship, that's all that counts.

^this reflects the same attitude as a couple of female friends of mine...

for them, finding out that their man is bi wouldn't necessarily be a dealbreaker, but they DO expect him to be open & honest with them.

Shay86

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
my boyfriend of a year and a half just recently told me he was bi (or rather, I figured it out and asked him). I am so in love with him that I don't care if he also likes guys because I know he's committed to me. The only thing it has affected is my insecurities (which we all have). Now whenever my insecure brain wonders if he's cheating, it wonders which gender he's cheating with. And I worry that because he only had one m2m relationship and no sexual encounters, that he's going to want to explore that in the future. But it's something that, over time, I may open up to a bit more. One of our best friends is bi and my boyfriend loves watching me make out with her and has even allowed her to go down on me. So in all fairness, I truly cannot be upset if another guy wants to give him oral, it would just have to be someone I also have a close relationship with and not some random person. The only advice I could give is to tell them early on because I was deeply hurt that he didn't tell me after dating for so long. It wasn't something I was going to dump him for though because I knew he just couldn't find the right way to tell me. Plus I'm madly in love with him :)

monel

Sexy Member
Media
my boyfriend of a year and a half just recently told me he was bi (or rather, I figured it out and asked him). I am so in love with him that I don't care if he also likes guys because I know he's committed to me. The only thing it has affected is my insecurities (which we all have). Now whenever my insecure brain wonders if he's cheating, it wonders which gender he's cheating with. And I worry that because he only had one m2m relationship and no sexual encounters, that he's going to want to explore that in the future. But it's something that, over time, I may open up to a bit more. One of our best friends is bi and my boyfriend loves watching me make out with her and has even allowed her to go down on me. So in all fairness, I truly cannot be upset if another guy wants to give him oral, it would just have to be someone I also have a close relationship with and not some random person. The only advice I could give is to tell them early on because I was deeply hurt that he didn't tell me after dating for so long. It wasn't something I was going to dump him for though because I knew he just couldn't find the right way to tell me. Plus I'm madly in love with him :)

Wow! That was the sexiest first post I've ever read on this site, even if unintentionally so.

Unnamed

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am in a similar situation. I have an attraction to transsexual females. Some here wouldn't classify that as bisexual, however to most of the population they are males. Now in a relationship with a genetically born woman, I have yet to tell her. I could have told her at the beginning of the relationship. She breached the subject, but I didn't tell the whole truth. Its sat with me ever since.

I have yet to tell her out of fear that she would do what your girlfriend did. It took me time to accept my attraction, but if I was to do the relationship over I would've told her long ago. If you want my advice, next time tell them from the get. In this occasion, I don't think you should've. You didn't know for sure. Now you do.

Last edited:

Sword_of_Damocles

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't expect a woman to share that information on a first date. Probably not even on a second, third, or fourth date. But by the time it goes from casual dating to a serious relationship, when we've established trust and comfort with sharing the deeper levels of who we are, I feel it's something I should be aware of. If she wasn't bisexual at the time but, rather, slowly discovered her attraction to other women during our time together, I'd hope she'd share those feelings with me. At the very least, she should tell me as soon as she came to terms with it. Because if she kept it a secret from me, it'd force me to call into question why she didn't tell me and what that says about our relationship that she didn't feel she could share that part of her with me. If I broke up with her, it wouldn't be because she was bisexual, but that she didn't trust me enough to tell me or kept it secret for reasons beyond my comprehension.

That said, I wouldn't date/would break up with a bisexual woman who expected her bisexuality to give her a free pass for fooling around with other women because, in some twisted logic, that wouldn't be cheating. Or if her newly discovered bisexuality, or bi-curiosity, compelled her to explore it, if she felt she needed that experience, then I'd have to end the relationship. But if she's fully committed to me and our relationship, if she's attracted to other women (along with other men) but doesn't feel the interest or the impulse to pursue other lovers so long as she's with me, I'd have no issue with dating someone who's bisexual.