Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female – yes for non-religious reasons

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Female - no

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters
S

SirConcis

Now that I am cut, I would not object to having a son cut. But it would depend on what the wife's opinion would be. If he is left uncut at birth, I would have a long chat with him as he grows up to explain the advantages of getting the big snip.

D_Jimmy Jammer

Sexy Member
Media
If my mother and her mother and her mother before her were all short should I chop off my daughter's ankles?
That analogy is a bit extreme, seaside. I understand what you're trying to say about mindless tradition but what benefit would chopping off your daughter's ankles achieve? Sure, she'd be shorter but how would she walk?
F*cking without a foreskin's fine. :biggrin1:
However..
How the Foreskin Works

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am circumsized and so are my brothers. Insofar as we know, it's a widespread condition amongst the males in our (extended) family...and shall continue to be.

Make it so.

What's this?!:confused: dxjnorto has switched sides and is now endorsing circumcision?:confused:

Has he invested in a scalpel manufacturing company?

B_llerasdf

Just Browsing
Media
That cartoon is silly, circumcision causes no disability, it's cosmetic like piercing your girl's ears, or religious like tribal tats or running bones through your nose. Some people do it, some don't.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
That cartoon is silly, circumcision causes no disability, it's cosmetic like piercing your girl's ears, or religious like tribal tats or running bones through your nose. Some people do it, some don't.
Even if I were certain that were true, I would still oppose infant circumcision. I think that cosmetic alterations of children in order to please the parents are also unethical. But at least with ear piercing, bone through the nose, etc, if the child later disagrees is usually just a matter of removing the piercing and letting it heal up.

As for the foreskin providing no use its removal no disability, you're new to the board so you probably haven't seen these studies.
http://www.nocirc.org/touch-test/bju_6685.pdf
http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/vanhowe2004/

Last edited:

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel I have a unique perspective on this, as a 40-something guy who was uncut most of his life. I had myself circumcised just a couple of years ago, and I'm much happier like this; I wish I'd done it sooner.

But I did not have my son circumcised. As others have said, the medical reasons to have it done are thin at best, and I think it should be up to the owner to have done if he wants to. At $1,300, the procedure wasn't unduly expensive, nor was it painful. I think it's bizarre that we make such a fuss about "a woman's right to do what she wants with her body", but we deny the same privilege to our young boys by essentially performing cosmetic surgery on them when they're only a few days old, and making a decision for them that rightfully should be their own.

Finally, a voice of reason. Please... just allow people to make these decisions themselves when they are adults. Thanks for putting it all together in a neat little package.

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you mean by "to your Knowledge"?.. shouldn't you know..

or are they adults now?.. then you might not know..

Congrats on the leaving them all natural

Now in their teens so who knows? - For all I know they may have circumcised themselves :confused: Afterall I'm only a parent :rolleyes:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now in their teens so who knows? - For all I know they may have circumcised themselves :confused: Afterall I'm only a parent :rolleyes:

this proves my point perfectly that the parents responsibility for a son's penis is only for a few years and then in most families after that period is over after like 3 or 4 years or whenever a child begins bathing himself independantly the parents will most likely never see their sons penis ever again... Unless they are nudists or something...

I know in some families some brothers have never even seen their own brothers naked... So they don't even know the status of their own brothers... So the argument that we cut the first son so we have to cut the rest of them so they all match makes no sense...

I've even heard stories where one son needs a circ for medical reasons so the parents decide to have all their sons cut at the same time so they all look alike...

D_Harrison Board

Experimental Member
Media
Tough, Tough question. I really prefer to look of a circumsized penis over a noncircumsized penis. I was circumsized at birth but I was fortunate to have a considerable amount of foreskin left behind. My forskin normally stays retracted with my glands exposed, but it will also cover about half of my glands when I am in a relaxed state (and I don't mean California). My forskin easily slides over my glands when masturbating, and I can dock a little bit. I noticed that I seem to have a lot more foreskin than most other circumsized males when I was researching on whether not to get my frenum pierced. I noticed that a lot of circumsized guys have very little frenum skin, at least compaired to me. I noticed that I had quite a bit more than what I was seeing on the internet.
I have been enjoying my frenum and forskin a lot more sense I got my frenum pierced. I also have very much enjoyed playing with an uncircumsized cock. They are great to masturbate as they just slide completely over the head. However, I do very much prefer the look of an uncircumsized penis when not erect.
All that being said, I think I would side on NOT circumsizing my son and letting him deside when the time comes.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Love that foreskin.
That's classy dad. Classy dick too. Here's what other intact men say:

NORM-UK has recently been talking to intact men about their foreskins. Extracts presented anonymously.

"I love having foreskin, it is an additional dimension to an already charged erogenous zone."

"My foreskin is sensitive (pleasurably so) when my penis is flaccid or erect and plays a great part in my sexual activity and pleasure."

"the vaunted gliding motion of the foreskin is the key, but so is the tingling of the foreskin itself; uncut men seem to have the capacity to get and keep erections more easily, and have multiple orgasms"

"when the glans is covered, every movement of my foreskin along the shaft can trigger an orgasm, but by far most stimulating is rubbing the frenulum inside my foreskin"

"My foreskin has as much sensation as the glans. The inner foreskin has so many nerves that retracting it and massaging it can trigger orgasm. Once I conducted an experiment by wearing my foreskin back for over a year to determine if the circumcised penis glans lost its sensitivity. It does! The exposure of the glans to air and the friction of cloth is a horrible numbing .... Once I concluded the experiment and returned my foreskin to its proper place, the intensity of my glans returned two fold, as did my preseminal volume. I am radically against circumcision and believe it should be made illegal"

"[The Frenulum] twinges more when erect but is very pleasurable and often stretched more when approaching orgasm to enhance the pleasure"

"Any sex play with the foreskin, especially the inside is extremely arousing and pleasurable. A special pleasure is having the inside of the foreskin stimulated with the tongue while the glans is covered"

"The best feeling I get during masturbation is when the foreskin is brought back on the glans on the upward movement and backward on the downward movement. With precum running between the foreskin and the glans I can go on for hours"

"I can only really masturbate properly when the foreskin is not retracted"

"I love my foreskin. I am glad I have it. I love its total package, protection, appearance flaccid and erect, its smell, its form, its function"

"Everything works together. It would be hard to imagine it without either glans [or] foreskin. It seems to be a system with each taking a predominant role at different times but all together at the end"

"when erect, it is really pleasurable to have the frenulum stretched and the sensation when the area is touched is amazing"

"always enjoyed having the tip of my foreskin rubbed as the inner skin was really sensitive"

Because my foreskin is so sensitive and covers the head during erection its great to have it used properly during oral sex or masturbation"

"Also I enjoy flicking the foreskin overhang back and forth. This seems to cause me to jack off involuntarily. The nerves in the overhang (I guess they are called lips) are awesome"

"The very end of my foreskin has the most sensation- just the feeling of my foreskin sliding back and forth across the head of my penis feels more pleasurable than to achieve an orgasm"

"I never want to part with my skin"

"The most stimulation and the greatest orgasm occurs when the foreskin is pulled back and forth over the glans, but is not quite fully retracted"

"I cannot imagine masturbation, intercourse or any other form of sexual activity that involves my penis without a foreskin. The foreskin provides so many sensations that would be lost if it were removed"

"I prefer the feeling during intercourse and masturbation of the foreskin not being retracted fully until near the end"

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That cartoon is silly,
You're right, and it's meant to be, because cutting parts off a baby to make him look like his father is silly.
circumcision causes no disability,
If you're lucky, and if you don't think less in the sex department than you were born to have is a disability
it's cosmetic like piercing your girl's ears, or religious like tribal tats or running bones through your nose. Some people do it, some don't.
None of those cut part off, never to fully regrow. The tatts and bones wait till adulthood and some semblance of consent, so far as I know. It's certainly illegal to tattoo a child in the developed world, and probably to put a bone through his/her nose.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My analogy is not really "silly". In fact making my daughters height match mine is about like making my sons penis match his fathers. What if I said I was going to have my sons tonsils removed at birth because no men in the family have tonsils? Would you think that was unnecessary?

My point is this..I know that nothing I say, or anything that any of these guys say will change the minds of the guys who think "well its tradition so I'm chopping it off" BUT please just consider one thing. I am not a man and don't have a penis but I do not feel that it is MY right or anyone's right to alter ...PERMANENTLY alter a child's body for reasons which make no sense. What do you think cavemen did? How did people manage to survive for centuries without doing it, and why does most of the world NOT do it?

Bottom line..if I'm wrong the child can circumcise when he feels like it and it's his choice.

If the pro-circumcision guys are wrong the boy is left with a surgically altered penis that can NEVER be undone. What do you think is best for the child in the long term?

And one more thing..for those who say he will get teased in the locker room that is absolute nonsense. It may have been true 20 years ago but now many many more boys are left intact and with MediCal not covering it anymore, even more children are not circumcised. (Factor in large Hispanic populations where applicable).

I'm not trying to preach but I do think that if you're going to permanently alter a child's body you better have a damn good reason, and "it has to match" is not good enough reason. My son's father, btw (white middle class, suburban guy) is circumcised and he never for a second considered doing it to his son. His reasoning..."why? there's no point"