• Female - no

Votes: 15 2.8%

• Total voters

poomoz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have 2 boys (now teenagers) who are uncut.
I am cut (like most of my generation in Australia)
I thought I would have had the 'why am I different" conversation, but never have.
I do not walk around the house naked, but am no prude either, the boys have seen me naked very occasionally over the years.

I am very pleased we decided not to circumcise our boys. It is a relic of the past

I have written about this topic before, on LPSG

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, I was aware of the title of the thread. Then are the other categories in the poll dealing with those boys born with vulvas? If you are asking about boys then why include girls?

Sorry! As an retired professor I can be rather pedantic.

I guess it wasn't as clear as it could have been. The male/female categories are to identify the gender of the LPSG member that is responding to the poll (i.e. if you are female would you circumcise your newborn son?)

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
I have 2 boys (now teenagers) who are uncut.
I am cut (like most of my generation in Australia)
I thought I would have had the 'why am I different" conversation, but never have.
I do not walk around the house naked, but am no prude either, the boys have seen me naked very occasionally over the years.

I am very pleased we decided not to circumcise our boys. It is a relic of the past

I have written about this topic before, on LPSG

Good for you - glad to hear that you chose to allow your sons to have their own choice..

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, I was aware of the title of the thread. Then are the other categories in the poll dealing with those boys born with vulvas? If you are asking about boys then why include girls?

hey professor,

the "female" categories in the poll indicate the sex of the respondent, not the sex of the child. the sex of the child is clearly stated: "newborn BOY"

this allows females to give their opinion and participate in the poll.

in your country maybe it's that modern concept which is causing you some confusion.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

It doesn't say boy/girl. It says male/female. The sex of the respondent is indicated by the poll, not the sex of the circumcisee. The circumcisees are all infant boys.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, less prone to infection and STD's
Circumcision makes you prone to other issues as well. A compilation of risk factors done back in 2004 shows that Circumcision is not good health policy. A Cost-Utility Analysis of Neonatal Circumcision

"A cost-utility analysis, using the reference case standard developed by the Panel on Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine convened by the US Public Health Service in 1993,24 was performed. The analysis adopted a societal perspective and included the 72- year life span of an average male because circumcision status is believed to impact health throughout life. Utility was estimated using the Quality of Well-being Scale and values as previously described.2,25–27 The Quality of Well-being Scale assigns values in 4 categories: symptom/problem complexes, mobility scale, physical activity scale, and social activity scale. For each condition, a value is assigned for each of the scales. The total of the scale values is the quality of well-being lost by having the condition. This total is multiplied by the duration of the condition to estimate the impact of the condition in quality-adjusted life years. Odds ratios, used as an estimate of relative risk, are expressed as the odds among noncircumcised males divided by the odds among circumcised males. Meta-analyses were performed using a random-effects model (DerSimonian and Laird method) by the Mantel-Haenszel method"

"Marginal costs for the different cost scenarios and discount rates are seen in Table 4. In every scenario, it was more costly to circumcise. Using the baseline analysis, neonatal circumcision and its sequelae cost $828.42 (3% discount) to $837.59 (5% discount) more than leaving the genitalia intact. Even for the MFS, circumcision was more costly. In all scenarios, the cost of neonatal circumcision is higher than noncircumcision, regardless of the discount rate."

"To make neonatal circumcision cost-neutral, hospitalized urinary tract infections would need to cost $229,564."

"Neonatal circumcision increased incremental costs by $828.42 per patient and resulted in an incremental 15.30 well years lost per 1000 males. If neonatal circumcision was cost-free, pain-free, and had no immediate complications, it was still more costly than not circumcising. Using sensitivity analysis, it was impossible to arrange a scenario that made neonatal circumcision cost-effective. Neonatal circumcision is not good health policy, and support for it as a medical procedure cannot be justified financially or medically."

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
with a good bathing and a proper use of a condom he will be fine im uncut and clean hygenicly and std wise also :)

could you elaborate?

does that include making balloon animals out of them at kids b-day parties? or maybe the clown they hired was a sex offender.....

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
"Worm dick"? Seriously...? Is this your contribution to the debate? Oh, my...
In any case, the way current, modern thinking is going, I would rather wager that in the not-so-distant future, it will rather be those circumsized, that will bear the brunt of ridicule...
But, is this kind of behaviour really going on? I grew up knowing and seeing boys of both status groups, we all knew that there were differences, but we never gave it any thought. Even less as a matter of ridicule either way. Only as an adult did I realise the utter non-sensical barbarity of it all!

In the US,,circumsize.I mean,why make your boy a target in Jr High and High School showers.Might sound shallow,but why give any boy more shit to go thru growing up.
Zits,puberty and now a dick with foreskin that the majority of others kids dont have.

Youre Just asking to alienate your kid..

I know people think that kids shouldnt care what others say,but remember back to when you were a kid and see if that little bit of sagely advice would have helped you,as kids were calling you " Worm dick "

In Europe, where uncircumsized is the majority,then dont circ..

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I guess it wasn't as clear as it could have been. The male/female categories are to identify the gender of the LPSG member that is responding to the poll (i.e. if you are female would you circumcise your newborn son?)

Sorry! I got confused and went off at a tangent in a false direction. It pressed a button. Although I'm mainly gay, I was a sex therapist, amongst other things, and was very concerned about the female circumcisions performed by grandmothers, aunts and mothers in some immigrant families in the UK.

Body modification should be a personal adult choice -except for medical reasons, - piercings, tats, circumcisions, etc.

D

deleted15807

I think this 'study' has been done many times.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd have a doctor do it. I can't even get a blood test without feeling lightheaded.
I think "would you circumcise" was figurative (meaning "would you have a doctor circumcise"), not literal. Survey design has many traps. Professional survey design should include a testing component, in which someone sits down with people filling in the form, and establishes what they understand the questions - and their answers - to mean. Then ambiguities can be removed before the survey proper is held.

A famous example from the 60s:
Q: Do you advocate the overthrow of the Government by force or violence?
A: Violence.

Last edited:

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes my wife and I did. Both of my sons are circumcised. This poll has been compromised by excessive anticirc opinions. They are a minority group with a very psychologically sick foreskin fetish. Every time the issue of circumcision comes up they are there in droves. They have overtaken the internet and Google. I have had very many circumcised friends--high school, university, in the service, and now in business. None of us would be anything but being circumcised.

Sapien

Experimental Member
Media
Yes my wife and I did. Both of my sons are circumcised. This poll has been compromised by excessive anticirc opinions. They are a minority group with a very psychologically sick foreskin fetish. Every time the issue of circumcision comes up they are there in droves. They have overtaken the internet and Google. I have had very many circumcised friends--high school, university, in the service, and now in business. None of us would be anything but being circumcised.

And how did they manage to compromise the poll? You only get one vote and you get banned if you have multiple accounts.

I think it is the other way around, those that avidly promote circumcision on the ones with the sick fetish. Intact penises with which we are born with are the norm, circumcised ones are not.

Morning Glory, is that you??