Would You Consider Being a Cougar Teacher?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Act2_Begins_Now, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Act2_Begins_Now

Act2_Begins_Now New Member

Not one to teach women how to be a cougar, but instead the older woman teach a younger man to be an exceptional lover.

This past week I have had reason to ponder the possibility of taking on a student. I had the opportunity to meet an eager, funny, quite handsome young man. Up until the point of meeting him, I was pretty resolved in my thinking that I would be celibate until I met someone which I could begin building the type of relationship I desire.

After meeting him, I began to ponder the possibility of taking on a friend/student with benefits situation to alleviate the frustration while I search. Now this was a big leap for me, because I had a FWB situation before and for reasons that are not important it didn't work and there was pain for all involved.

Now for this particular young man, it won't work out. But the thought lingers. Enough so to post and listen/read what you ladies have to say. Men, you can join in to.

So would you? Could you? Why/why not? Have you? Pros? Cons?

Remember, just a teaching situation. You know it will end.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Oh - sorry - you wanted a considered opinion.

YES!!

Go for it - pro's kinda speak for themselves - you get a young enthusiastic lover. Con - if you are definitely not going to get romantically involved he has to know that and you have to keep that clear.

The only experience I have of this is when I was in my mid twenties with a 17yo. It was a blast. He got 3 weekly lessons over the course of the summer. We never really got more involved - although I occasionally helped him with his homework too :redface:

But the pros far outweight any possible cons - definitely.

4. galaxus

galaxus Member

please do it! we need more women like you! :D

but really, do it if you want to. i know handsome virgins like me would love some lessons from u!

5. Act2_Begins_Now

This young man won't work out. I have yet to break the news to him. Any suggestions for that.

However, I requested feedback because I just may search for other candidates. Who knows? ~shrugs shoulders~

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'd say don't go for a guy just because he's younger, go for a man because you like him and leave his age way down on your list of priorities, if he happens to be younger well and good don't let that put you off, but if he's your own age don't discount him because of that.

7. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Hmm - are you sure? Why? Is he infatuated?

Telling somebody something isn't going to work out is not easy. The only, only way to do it is 100% honestly. Any kind of white lie can (and probably will) come back and bite you on the ass. Just tell him why. Exactly. Be diplomatic if you can't but don't beat around the bush.

Searching for other candiates - no idea - place a personal?

8. JMeister

JMeister Member

The likelihood of a young man being interested in a long term relationship with a significantly older woman while not impossible is highly unlikely so I wouldn't fret over that.

Iif you are getting laid you might have the look that will attract other men. As long as the type of man that is attracted with you won't have a problem with you having a fuck buddy that you need to ditch when you meet the one, you should be all set.

9. Act2_Begins_Now

This is a proposition for an interim status thing, until a relationship develops. I'm not so much concerned about age with a man for a serious relationship; however, looking for the same life stage. An example being, the previous FWB was a great match. However, he had yet to have children (and wanted them) and I am just finishing up with raising mine.

This sounds over the top arrogant, but this young man would be in love in under three weeks. One of a few reasons why I think it is best for him to remain bud.

Oh I am not concerned about how to find a candidate, just thinking about the possibilities of living this out. Hence the thread :eek:)

I do believe the look is there already, its just finding an appropriate match.

10. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

:confused: What planet do you live on? Younger men fall head over heels in love with old women all the time. I know 4 couples where the woman is 10+ years older than the man - they've all be together years and 2 of the 4 have kids together. You know not of what you speak, bud.

If you are getting laid you might have the look that will attract other men? What in the name of Fred Astaire does that mean?

That natural logical leap in your argument is if a woman isn't getting laid she probably isn't hot enough to get laid ever... I mean that's what I extrapolate from that now.. am I the only who finds that idea a little jeuvenille, or am I just reading it wrong?

I dunno - each to their own.

11. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

OMG i think most guys have always wanted to be with an older lady.hence the milf term.i had 2 friends whose moms were hot and would always go there to visit even when my friends were not home.i think maybe over 70% of guys have had or do have thoughts of being with a older lady or cougar

12. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I have been in this situation before, and I loved doing it. Knowing ahead of time that it was just a teaching thing and that it would end made it SO much easier to NOT get attached. I love doing it. :smile: I have a big thing (almost a fetish) about virgin guys. I could be talking to a guy... and be mildly attracted to him... but if I find out he's a virgin, my hormones get a-flowing and all of a sudden he's the hottest guy ever. lol. I don't push guys, though. I don't do anything they don't want to do. I know that virginity is a big deal to a lot of people.

13. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I was in a four year relationship with a younger guy, it ended because he wanted marriage, I didn't. Don't make the mistake of thinking because we're older we're not every bit as loveable as a younger woman.

14. burns1de

Gold Member

As someone who's been in several "cougar/prey" relationships, I can only applaud this idea. :wink: Women in their mid-30s - 40s have plenty of experience and have gone over their self-conscious, where-should-I-put-my-leg-to-look-good phase and into a deeper appreciation of sex as an experiment and an exploration of pleasure as a whole.

:up:

15. Act2_Begins_Now

Okay, I just want to bring the focus back to teaching.

No doubt younger men love older women, but they have to set aside their ego and be students.

Burns1de, I'm thinking you dont need a teacher.

16. viking1

Gold Member

All this sounds very interesting, but I guess I'm to old for any of it. Even if I am still a virgin. I used to fantasize about this when I was younger.

17. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

It could be lots of fun. As long as the limits are set from the start. You don't want the kid to get clingy. Do it right though.. and you've taught him a life lesson.

18. burns1de

Gold Member

There's always something to be learned from someone else, especially sexually-speaking and especially from a mature woman, at least I believe.

19. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Younger men-older women couples can work out, just as can younger women-older men ones. I don't believe in double standards, and I think it really depends on the people involved.

Of course, if this guy is going to want more out of it than you are, that can be a problem, you'll have to tell him the truth of what you are expecting out of this.

As for the part about kids, I would've had the same problem dating someone my own age when I was in my twenties, as I would dating someone in his twenties now, who wanted kids. I have never wanted them. I didn't date much when I was in my twenties, had one one-nighter and one I was with for about 8 months, and a couple of others that didn't go any farther than just "going out on a date". (one date each, too.)

For me now, I'd like a guy in his twenties (although I'm not really a cougar so to speak. I'm too sexually inexperienced myself, plus I'm ok with dating guys my own age and older - but not TOO much older - too.)

20. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

What's that saying? It's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks or something? (Not that you're an old dog... :tongue: )

Draft saved Draft deleted