Would you date somebody with a history of ...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_quietguy, Jan 24, 2009.

1. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

Excuse the language, please.

Would you date somebody who has a history of of dating jerks, assholes, cocky bastards, or brutes?

Would you date somebody who continually chooses bitches, airheads, fools, idiots, or morons for partners?

Would you date somebody who keeps getting involved with manipulative asstards, or self-centered egotists?

I know women who keep dating men who just aren't worth it. Same for men. I know of guy friends who keep picking women who just don't have a clue about how to treat people sanely.

They get involved with some clueless jerk or bitch, there's lots of drama, and then they break up. The funny thing is right after they're done complaining about their ex, they get right back into a relationship just like it. Rinse, lather, repeat. Over and over again.

If I see a woman who keeps getting involved with cocky jerks, I tell myself to stay away from her. She hasn't learned how to discriminate between cocky jerks and worthwhile men. If she can't do that, I think she's missing some other clues too.

I've heard guys complain "I want to date this cute chick, but she chose some cocky jerk over me." When I hear that, I want to say, "Forget it friend. If she chooses jerks, she just made her own hell. Until she learns better, it is much better to find somebody worthwhile to date."

2. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yep, you're right.

3. Amber1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Well the problem I find is this.....

I am quite a lively person, so as a result I can never see myself being with someone shy or retiring.....

So when I meet a guy I hope he's got a bit of a mouth....like I have, I dont want him to be 'THE' loudest most annoying person....I just want him to be able to stick up for himself, have opinions, not be a shrinkin violet.....

However there is a difference between wanting this and someone who is downright cocky and selfish and wouldn't know decency, selflessness or modesty if it jumped up and punched them in the face....

The thing is guys trick us (the shittie ones) they know we won't want them if we see their true colours, so they keep them hidden from us for as long as possible.

Then its only after such and such a point that we realise we have gotten together with an arrogant twat!!!!!

Yes....some men and women are stupid and keep goin for bitches/bastards!!

But some of us are JUST FUCKIN UNLUCKY and keep meetin people who don't just put on a bit of a front but invent a whole new persona!!!

So I would consider that when considering whether to date someone who keeps attractin the wrong people....they might just have had bloody shit luck!!!!

4. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

Yep. I hear you because I've seen men and women do that. Some people act all smooth and charming and interested in you ... until they have you wrapped around their finger. I consider "smooth and charming" behavior to be a yellow flag. It aint a red flag like cocky, stupid, making fun of others, rude or what not, but it is a yellow flag because you don't know if the charm is just an act.

That's the kind of person I meant in the original post. If they are so stupid as to keep getting in bed with same bitches or bastards, then they just aint parnter material. I want a partner with excellent bullshit detectors. I don't aim to bullshit anybody, but I certainly want my close friends to recognize bullshit when it comes their way.

Maybe. I can give somebody allowance for making a mistake once or twice. We all make mistakes whether with jobs, friends, lovers, or whatever. That's just part of being human. After that, I need to see they can learn from their mistakes before I get too close. I need to see if they developed better bullshit detectors so the next jerk can't just charm them off their feet.

Draft saved Draft deleted