Would you date someone who only wanted oral sex?

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One nice thing about this forum is that I can ask really salacious questions that might be too embarrassing or awkward to ask in real life.

Long, long ago, I had a coworker/drinking buddy who didn't like to give nor receive anal sex. He only wanted oral and had a hard time finding dates because of it.

So I'm just curious: how common is this preference in the gay community? Have you run into guys like that before? How did/would you react to that?

No, I won't date someone like that. The sex would be pretty boring for me.

Reactions: Oxnard

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've run into a lot of guys who do not like penetrative sex - period. In some cases it is a reaction to HIV / AIDS, but mostly it is something they either did not like when they tried, had a bad experience when they did try, or simply have no desire to "go there." If it was a guy I clicked with in all other ways I'd look for a way to make it work, but if ultimately he was absolutely fixed on that issue, I'd have a hard time seeing the relationship go forward. I hate to say never, but this might be one of those times.

HOWEVER - if I was in a relationship with a guy and he suddenly could not do anything but oral sex for whatever reason (medical perhaps?) I would not end the relationship for that reason. I'd stick with him.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've run into a lot of guys who do not like penetrative sex - period. In some cases it is a reaction to HIV / AIDS, but mostly it is something they either did not like when they tried, had a bad experience when they did try, or simply have no desire to "go there." If it was a guy I clicked with in all other ways I'd look for a way to make it work, but if ultimately he was absolutely fixed on that issue, I'd have a hard time seeing the relationship go forward. I hate to say never, but this might be one of those times.

HOWEVER - if I was in a relationship with a guy and he suddenly could not do anything but oral sex for whatever reason (medical perhaps?) I would not end the relationship for that reason. I'd stick with him.
Hmm, I was going out drinking with that guy in the early 1990s, back when people were still freaked out about AIDS.

I wonder if that was the reason he was that way? I was too embarrassed to ask him details like that.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then again, maybe he told me, but I was too drunk to remember. We both drank waaaaay too much. :D

Reactions: Bendy

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is really not very different from the posts that ask about sexless relationships.

Would I actively seek one out, probably not. But that's because receiving oral sex is one of my least favorite forms of sex. I think I've gotten off maybe twice my entire life from being blown.

But a long term relationship for me is about more than sex. So, while I wouldn't seek out a relationship with someone who wanted only oral sex, I wouldn't walk away from a relationship just because it evolved into only oral.

Reactions: Oxnard and Kdeimos

Kdeimos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is really not very different from the posts that ask about sexless relationships.
But a long term relationship for me is about more than sex. So, while I wouldn't seek out a relationship with someone who wanted only oral sex, I wouldn't walk away from a relationship just because it evolved into only oral.

I agree; I wouldn't see one out, but wouldn't instantly rule someone out because of it. It's something we'd have to really talk about, though.
"What exactly do you mean by 'I don't do anal'? You don't do anal outside of a monogamous relationship? You don't do anal on Tuesdays? You don't do anal at all, ever, under any circumstances? You physiologically can't do anal?"​
That conversation likely wouldn't happen on the first date, but it'd happen relatively early. And depending on how that conversation went, we'd figure it out and see if we could come to an accord. How does he feel about toys? open relationships? monogamish arrangements? Sexual compatibility isn't the be-all-end-all, but it's a factor we'd need to work around. And I'm not out to try and change anybody or go into a relationship thinking, "Oh, he'll change his mind eventually..." Cuz that doesn't work.

But that also being the case, and knowing what I know about myself now - I don't think it would be sustainable in the long term for me to *only* ever have oral and never give/receive anal sex. There would have to be negotiations and compromises, as there always are in relationships:
- If he doesn't want to use his own dick to fuck me for some reason, we could get toys and see if that works.
- If he 100% refuses to get fucked ever and will never change his mind, he would at least need to be comfortable with threesomes or me otherwise getting that need met elsewhere.

But if the price of entry for that relationship was forsaking anal sex forever and 100% no-compromise monogamy, then no thanks.

Reactions: flooble and Oxnard

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, because I only do oral and mutual masturbation myself. I'm not into anything "heavy" and even anal sex is "heavy" to me.
Mind if I am you why? Or is that too personal.

I'm curious because I think I should have asked more questions like this of my old drinking buddy, so I want to understand the things that might lead to this preference.

crv

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I really really liked the guy maybe. But I can't really get off from oral, and I love to top. So it would be a sacrifice I'd rather not have to make.

Reactions: Oxnard

Pepijn

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oral and masturbation are my preference too so it does happen more. I dont get hard from an asshole.
I am in a long monogamous relation now and sexual variation keeps things interesting. Like different times or places. We did try anal, but I do not like it much. My bf is Ok with that.