Would you ever date or be in a serious relationship with a bisexual man?

RavenZero

Just Browsing
Media
For me it was extremely hard dating a bi guy. Forget the jealousy i had for his gf but her jealousy of me was downright insane

Guardian100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wanted to, only ever been persued by 2 Bi guys, liked them both ALOT they both knocked me for six but they both had GFs and I couldn't do that to either girl. GF of guy number 2 was a psycho (and even that's an understatement lol) and bad for him but I still couldn't bring my self to sleep with him. It took every fibre of my being not cheat with him because if it was done to me it would have killed me.

I don't really go for gay men (well the majority of them) it's only ever been bi guys that have really grabbed my attention, and I think in the end most of them (I hope I'm wrong, other bi guys this is your que to chime in) truly want to be with a woman to feel complete.

D

deleted3782

As some folks have pointed out, there are two different issues going on in the OP. Monogamy v. Polyamory, and Heterosexuality v. Bisexuality. There can be polyamorous heterosexuals as easily as as monogamous bisexuals.

I have been in relationships with women and men...and I enjoyed aspects of both. Technically, a lot of people would classify me as a bisexual. By some people's reckoning...I should be out boinking hundreds of people because I have two pools from which to select partners...right? In reality, I don't. I'm not interested in volume at all. It takes me a long time to warm up to someone, and even though I've been single for a while now...I'm not rushing into bed (or a relationship) with anyone. "Bixexual" does not equal "horndog". If I decide I like someone enough to be in a relationship with them - male or female - then I want to be with them and not every Joe and Joanna on the street. When I'm with a guy...I don't crave pussy any more than I do when I'm single. The same is true if I'm with a woman.

If monogamy is important to you...then find a partner who shares that value. Their overall preference should not matter. Know the person, not the label.

B_Pitka

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If a guy is bi sexual and in a relationship with me then it is doubtful it would be monogomous relationship. So as far as I am concerned that's not a relationship but a fuck buddy!

Why would a bisexual man be more prone to polygamy? I think you should stay away from douchebags, not bisexual men.

idesofmarch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could maybe, have a fuckbuddy relationship with a bisexual man, but I could never even consider a serious relationship with one. I admit it. I don't have enough of self esteem, and I would be thinking, "is this pussy day, or dick day".

Being 100% straight myself, I don't even understand how you can change from one to the other, and this is no judgement.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I could maybe, have a fuckbuddy relationship with a bisexual man, but I could never even consider a serious relationship with one. I admit it. I don't have enough of self esteem, and I would be thinking, "is this pussy day, or dick day".

Being 100% straight myself, I don't even understand how you can change from one to the other, and this is no judgement.

Ever have days that you just crave vanilla over chocolate ice cream, or vice versa? I'd imagine it is similar to that.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe the best all-around solution is for the sort of default to be that bisexuals have relationships with other bisexuals, male or female. There seems to be enough of them to make a good pool of potential partners.

D

deleted3782

Ever have days that you just crave vanilla over chocolate ice cream, or vice versa? I'd imagine it is similar to that.

Close. To amend ides statement a little... "Being 100% into blonds myself, I don't even understand how you can change from blonds to brunettes." Or Aussies over Brits, or cut over uncut...etc.

I fall for people...not weenies boobs and vaginas.

badger2395

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Close. To amend ides statement a little... "Being 100% into blonds myself, I don't even understand how you can change from blonds to brunettes." Or Aussies over Brits, or cut over uncut...etc.

I fall for people...not weenies boobs and vaginas.

Well said. QFT.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why exactly do you people think bisexuals want to have a relationship with (or even just fuck) both genders at the same time? It's ludicrous and reeks of knee-jerk "I don't understand it so I'm going to stereotype it in a scary way so I don't HAVE to understand it" thinking. It's been said a gazillion times in this thread, but all bisexuality is is the potential to be attracted to someone regardless of gender. Read that last line carefully. It doesn't mean he needs to be with a male and a female, or that when he's with a female he's lusting after males or vice versa, it just means he doesn't really care what gender you are so long as he likes you. If someone is interested in multiple partners, that either makes him a douchebag or a person in an open relationship, both qualities that are in no way unique to bisexuals or males for that matter.

There's a term for what many posters in this thread are spouting. It's called biphobia, and it's a Very Bad Thing™, just like homophobia.

SR_borntolook3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would not only date a bi-sexual man, but I would be ok with him having a boyfriend. As long as we were all monogamous. None of this bed jumping craziness. :) However it would have to be someone very special for me to be ok with this. I'm not saying I would date random guys and they could all have boyfriends. You are who you are and you love who you love. People cannot change themselves. I wouldn't want to change who I am. So I don't feel like I would have the right to change him. I would however want him to be upfront with me about his preferences from the beginning of our relantionship and if he felt inclined towards a man I would want to know about it. At this point I have not been in that situation so who knows what would happen. Hopefully I would be able to stay true to my thoughts and willingness to be open about this matter.

Damn where the hell have you been all of my adult life. I wish like hell that I had met you years ago! If more women had the attitude that you do , there would be a lot less hurt in the world, and the divorce rate would not even exist. You are one in a mega million. MARRY ME PLEASE!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been in two long term monogamous relationships with bisexual men. The first one lasted for 5 years. The second one lasted for 2 years. Neither man ever suggested that he needed a boyfriend in addition to me and it NEVER occurred to me that either man was missing something from his life because I didn't have a penis. It just wasn't an issue.

I might be able to do a triad with two hot bisexual guys, but maybe that's just my hormones talking! My one threesome, ages ago, is one of the best sexual experiences of my entire life! Yup, I can't think clearly about that idea at all. All that's running through my mind is, "Ohgodthatwouldbehot! IwantIwantIwantIwant..."

Is there a pill I can give TheBF to turn him bisexual?

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have also dated a bi guy. It was a good time, he was a perfect gentleman and the relationship was totally monogamous. In fact, I don't know a single bi dude who fits the silly stereotypes. Surprise, surprise.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it's a fact that some guys claim to be bi because they don't want anyone to know that they're "gay"...

some of these guys will date women and even go so far as to marry & have kids in order to keep anyone from knowing about their attraction to men...

some of these same guys will carry on sexual/romatic relationships with other men while their wives or girlfriends are unaware (or unwilling to see things for what they are)

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I absolutely could be in a relationship with a bisexual male. Until recently, I was quite attached to one. All that mattered to me was how he felt about me - we had chemistry to spare in addition to strong emotional & intellectual attraction. What went wrong had nothing to do with his desire for men.

He felt that he could be faithful to me; however I felt that sexually, if at some point he felt he needed to be with a male - I would be more than fine with it, as long as I was a part of it. I am capable of separating sex from love. Just don't lie to me.

I don't know.... I guess for me, I love who I love and that will always be a male for me. But if that male is bisexual, as long as there is mutual love and respect, we can work things out to create a relationship that is uniquely ours.

Reactions: Nexolaris