Would you ever have sex with an HIV+ person?

Would you ever have sex with an HIV+ or POZ person?

• Total voters

QuiteOne

Sexy Member
Media
I've had sex with many HIV+ people (I'm negative). I have no qualms about it and would do it again. My sex habits are the same regardless of a person's status.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think this poll is a great indicator of people's choices, why band yes and maybe together? why have a yes and an 'i already have'?
I could easily have answered maybe on its own as circumstances would naturally have an impact, i.e. no if we were talking a one night stand with a stranger but yes if it was a friend who i had feelings for or was in love with but i'm not going to answer yes so that only leaves no as an honest answer.

I think the figures would be a lot different if it was simply yes, no, maybe. It seems to be morbid curiosity that has inspired the OP to seek who 'already has'.

thebuck

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Give me a fucking break. Those people above that say "no" are the same ones who most likely go to bed with anything on two legs. I wonder if they run around with HIV test kits in their pockets to administer to all their sexual partners. Of course not !!! Most of us who are sexually active and play around have been with someone who is positive that's a fact. The idea is to use protection ALL THE TIME. I dated two guys who were positive and I never contracted anything from them or anyone else because I always used condoms.

Vinyl-What's wrong with wanting a sexual and relationship partner that is HIV Negative like you are? My friends who are POZ only have sex with Poz men and do not think that NEG people and POZ people should be having sex together or having relationships at all since in their opinion Negative people do not understand what it's like to be Poz at all. For many people, including myself when they give oral sex to someone it's all about tasting that person's flesh and cum and not everyone wants to have to use a dental dam or condom during oral sex each and every time. I know that for myself I would not like this and it would be a huge issue in our relationship and sex would not be fun using condoms and dental dams for oral sex every single time. Also some people do bareback but only do this with a partner who they are monogamous with and in a longterm relationship with. I do not hook up and I only have sex with people who I'm in monogamous relationships with, and we talk a lot and get tested before having sex.

Also if I am in a closed and monogamous relationship with a man or a woman and we are both HIV Negative we deserve to have bareback sex without condoms.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Vinyl-What's wrong with wanting a sexual and relationship partner that is HIV Negative like you are? My friends who are POZ only have sex with Poz men and do not think that NEG people and POZ people should be having sex together or having relationships at all since in their opinion Negative people do not understand what it's like to be Poz at all. For many people, including myself when they give oral sex to someone it's all about tasting that person's flesh and cum and not everyone wants to have to use a dental dam or condom during oral sex each and every time. I know that for myself I would not like this and it would be a huge issue in our relationship and sex would not be fun using condoms and dental dams for oral sex every single time. Also some people do bareback but only do this with a partner who they are monogamous with and in a longterm relationship with. I do not hook up and I only have sex with people who I'm in monogamous relationships with, and we talk a lot and get tested before having sex.

This isn't an issue regarding what people want. It's safe to say if a person had a choice to live with or without HIV, most people would choose to live without it. However, we can't ignore that it is here. If people were simply responsible for their own actions and looked out for their sexuual partners, then it really wouldn't matter if someone was positive or not.

I know people in mixed satus relationships where the person who is negative still is after many years of sexual activity. That's because the two people love each other enough to act responsibly. I find people who ignore the fact that they've alread had sex with POZ people already, then turn around and push away other people because of their status to be ridiculous. Because at that point, the issue doesn't become about being responsible... It becomes one of desire so that one doesn't have to be.

This isn't an issue regarding what people want. It's safe to say if a person had a choice to live with or without HIV, most people would choose to live without it. However, we can't ignore that it is here. If people were simply responsible for their own actions and looked out for their sexuual partners, then it really wouldn't matter if someone was positive or not.

I know people in mixed satus relationships where the person who is negative still is after many years of sexual activity. That's because the two people love each other enough to act responsibly. I find people who ignore the fact that they've alread had sex with POZ people already, then turn around and push away other people because of their status to be ridiculous. Because at that point, the issue doesn't become about being responsible... It becomes one of desire so that one doesn't have to be.

Love does not stop seroconversion or someone becoming POZ. There are people who do seek out sex and relationships with POZ men just in the hopes that they will become Poz and some will just get it over with since they figure that it is going to happen anyway since they have sex and relationships with Poz men.

tygamble

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They call Palm Springs Death Valley from all the multiple strains of HIV there and how many men bareback recklessly and pass on other strains of HIV to each other and for the high number of men who seroconvert for the first time there. If you live in Palm Springs you can get free meds and housing and I am sure that there are just TONS of bug chasers who want to become Poz to get money or benefits.
LargePenis,that comment wanted wanting to become positive to get free meds and housing is so ignorant.You're so against having sex with a positive guy(and insulting them with ininsuations)yet you readily admit on this site you "love"to swallow cum. Thats very risky,and one day you might find yourself on the other side,being positive,and hearing people like you making comments about you.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Give me a fucking break. Those people above that say "no" are the same ones who most likely go to bed with anything on two legs. I wonder if they run around with HIV test kits in their pockets to administer to all their sexual partners. Of course not !!! Most of us who are sexually active and play around have been with someone who is positive that's a fact. The idea is to use protection ALL THE TIME. I dated two guys who were positive and I never contracted anything from them or anyone else because I always used condoms.

Such a wild thing to say.

I said no but i do not sleep around, i am traditional in my attitude towards sex and will only ever do it with someone who means a lot to me so that point was inaccurate.
The one point that you make that IS probably a fact is that like you say those who play around are most likely to have already slept with someone who is Hiv+ because that is a fact that it circulates wider among promiscuous groups.
And lastly its not everyones acceptance to say i'll throw on a condom and i should be fine because like Monster pointed out to me...it's safer not safe. I want to ensure the safest sex when i have it, there is nothing wrong with wanting that just as there is nothing wrong with people choosing to opt for a more risky lifestyle, its personal choice that's all.

Island Club Guy CT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes i will sleep with someone with HIV but than i must really , really love him or with the rate of infections in South Africa increasing dramatically their ain't going to much neg people around to actually make that choice.

Last edited:

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a very interesting thread, I have read through most of the posts in this thread. As most of you know, I am HIV+ and have been for for going on 5 years now. While I can understand everyone's fears and very real concerns about saying no to having sex with a HIV+ person, I also understand the opposite spectrum of rejection, emotional turmoil and pain, and just being cast out. Before I have sex with anyone I am always open and honest, I get rejected by HIV- guys because I am positive and I get rejected by HIV+ guys because I refuse to bareback. I take my safety more seriously now and always use a condom regardless of ones status. Regardless of what your choice may be safety is paramount, don't jeopardize your life just to get your rocks off, there are other ways to be intimate with a person, that does not involve sexual contact, such mutual masturbation , massaging each other, having a candle lit dinner, a walk on the beach, cuddling and other ways too.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Love does not stop seroconversion or someone becoming POZ. There are people who do seek out sex and relationships with POZ men just in the hopes that they will become Poz and some will just get it over with since they figure that it is going to happen anyway since they have sex and relationships with Poz men.

Love may not stop the spread, but having responsible sex does. People who respect the ones they have sex with and their own bodies have a much better chance on living healthier lives and remaining negative. And even if there are a small amount of people who are purposely trying to catch the disease, what does that have to do with you and having safer sex? The focus of this thread is about whether or not you would have sex with someone who was positive. As a gay man who was having sex during the beginning of the AIDS scare, I'm sure I have been with positive men even if I didn't know about it. However (or luckily), I'm still negative. So it makes no sense for me to complicate matters by making sure my partners are negative. I know enough to protect myself, which in turn also protects my partner. I'm not the type of person who gets so messed up that I lose control and make rash decisions in the heat of a moment. I use condoms... And even though it's not a 100% solution it's very close to it. And so far, it's worked for me over the last 2 decades.. Even during my sluttiest of moments. :blush:

butch518

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nakedwally said it best. And now with the meds, people that i know that are pos, go on and live a full and productive life. I wouldn't expose myself to a + person just for sex, but would consider a + person if there was true feelings with them.