Would you got out with a super religious girl ?

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think there has to be some level of spiritual compatibility. not necessarily that you're of the same religion or beliefs, but that your different beliefs are at least complementary. i've dated agnostic and atheist girls before as well as more fundamentalist girls, and none of them worked out. not because of their religion, but because of their attitude towards it. my faith and spirituality are a HUGE part of who i am, so i need someone who i can relate to on that level.

on the other hand, i don't know that i could date anyone who talked about the same thing every five minutes...unless it was something awesome like time travel or superheroes or kung fu movies. :p

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'm an atheist who was raised Catholic and is actually half-Jewish. I'm currently in a FWB thing with a girl who is very seriously Jewish. I'm into her, but she refuses to go any further with me unless I agree to start going to some sort of Jewish conversion thing, which I won't do, so we're stuck at just having a physical relationship for the time being.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, but not out in public with people around.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a date with a girl last night and actually had a good time. Movies and Dinner type thing. She is very nice, but every 5 miinutes its about the bible. I think she likes me, but is already tyring to convert me :(. Should I run far far away ?
1. What makes you think she likes you?
2. Was this called a date or a bible study?
3. If it is a real date, did you have anything to contribute to the conversation?
4. Did you ask questions about her?

See, my guess is this: She likes you. You asked her out and she agreed. She is excited. Sometimes people ramble on about stuff they know about to cover the nervousness, even the good kind of nervous. And you just stood there like a log nodding your head thinking that this is what chicks like.

ENGAGE HER! Thats what chicks like, if you must know.

So, is she super religous? Or was she just forced into a nervous ramble?

And to answer your question, no I probably wouldnt go out with a super religious girl, then, I would know she is super religious girl and know NOT to ask her out beforehand. Unless this super religious thing just sprung up on the date. Which takes us back to my original questions.

D_MastaBaiter

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Would I go out with a super religious girl? Yes.

Should you keep dating the woman you're dating? Well, as long as you're interested, then I would suggest you should.

Nickstevens

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If it bothers you, you should just forget about her because there is a good chance that you are just going to hear more and more about it as you get closer. She will definitely want you to be into that and it doesn't look like you are.

mrmiyagi

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here in Holland we do have "The Bible Belt". It's an area where people are very religious. There are also villages where people don't do anything on sundays, except by going (walking) to church.

I had a short period casual sex with a girl from there. To be honest I did have some strange feelings about this. Because I don't believe.

It was only a short holliday periode and I had the feeling she wanted to catch up for the time she had lost.

While were we're doing it, there was always a bible close to her bed. She did not have any television and no telephoneline.

Absolutely sure here parents did not know anything about this at all....

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You can have different religious views to a partner and make it work: my wife is Christian and I'm agnostic, and we agree to respect each other's views. But this wouldn't work with an obsessive Christian, who will always be trying to convert a non-believer to save their soul. The other problem is that Christianity is anti-sex, so there's no possibility of sex before marriage. Even after marriage, Christian sexual guilt can often lead to a plain, boring and vanilla sex life.

My wife was waiting for marriage, but we ended up having sex anyway (her first time). It was okay, as you'd expect for her first time. After a while there were a few too many sexual boundaries for my liking, so we had to deal with those. She enjoyed sex in her own way, and she always was in the mood for me, but we needed to build some variety into our sex life. We eventually got there, but it was hard work.

On the whole, I would steer clear of a Christian believer.

Christianity is not anti-sex

AZNEWGUY

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You guys are awesome. Well I'm breaking a lot of rules with this girl. She works with me at the same place which I usually stay away from. I heard from various people that she likes me alot and she treats me great at work. She is very attractive and pretty much everything I want in a girl except she is super christian.

We already had this conversation about me going to bible study and how I feel about god. I told her from the beginning that I respect religion, and would NEVER put anyone down for their beliefs, but don't expect me to convert.

I think I am everything she wants, but get the feeling that anti-religious is the one thing that bothers her about me. If anything, we could be good friends.

D

deleted356736

Christianity is not anti-sex

You are joking, of course.

Go back, study history, the history of my lifetime in fact (I'm 52). When I was young in Australia, the Christian lobby (Protestant and Roman) prevented the sale of birth control pills to unmarried women, which resulted in lots of unplanned pregnancies, and no abortions thanks to Christian lobbying. Lots of abandoned babies in the 1960s, and my adopted sister is one of those. Christianity proscribed one position for sex, the missionary position, any other position was unnatural. No oral sex, at least officially. No sex before marriage, which is ridiculous. Before that, there was even more oppression, such as prohibiting birth control for married couples (in the mid-twentieth century!).

Thanks to the Christian oppression of normal sexual behaviour, my mother has never, ever had an orgasm, not once in her entire life!!!! Sex was a quick kiss, cuddle, fuck for two minutes, happy (sort-of) father. Contrast that with other cultures, and other religions at the time (Islam, for example, puts great emphasis on mutual pleasuring within marriage.

By the end of the 1960s, society as a whole was fed-up with the attitudes of the Protestants and Romans, and the catalyst for change in Australia was the election of a left-wing Labour government in 1972. Within 3 years, we had freely-available birth control, sex education, abortions, no-fault divorce, x-rated films and literature, and a complete collapse in the impact of Christianity, who railed against these changes. Christian attendance at Church plummeted from around 30% of adults to less than 10% in the space of five years (1970 through 1975), and the reason for this was the Church's views on sex. At the moment, Australia has around 5% attendance to Church, mostly oldies who are dying out (so the percentage gets less and less each year).

To play catch-up, Protestant churches changed tack to a degree, encouraging mutual pleasuring within marriage, but in my country it was too little too late. Remember, most couples in Australia don't marry, so they are still 'sinful'. Christianity died, and that was the end of that. And the liberalisation continued, with the sex industry being legalised (although it had been operating in a half-way zone of never prosecuted for decades).

A similar thing happened in Europe around the same time, and the Christian Church there is largely an irrelevance.

Even today, whenever the Churches get a voice, it's about sex. This television show with nudity, that movie with sex, topless women at our beaches (it's been standard at Australian beaches for decades). Their protests are either ignored, or laughed at by politicians and the media. But still they rail!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Having been raised in an ultra-Christian environment for part of my childhood, I would have to say, "Hell no!"

It would bring me so much unhappiness and I could never tolerate being around people who hate gay people or who are ignorant about other cultures and religions.