would you have sex with a person in your workplace?

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What if it was somebody in another department, and not in the same department or team?

I know everybody is different and would approach things differently, but would it be something women in general would be willing to do?

the_new_godiva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I worked a summer student job that would encourage me to answer "yes, women in general would sleep with their co-workers". Hundreds of students working hot summer days and then drinking entirely too much at night. Many relationships lasted longer than a night, surprisingly, despite the supervisors discouraging any romances.

Now, go to a work place that isn't basically like a college dorm and I think many women will answer in the negative. Speaking for myself, there is a guy at my workplace that I'd fool around with if it were to remain completely secret.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes. I work in Transprtation. I was getting ready to leave work and the guy I worked with commented about my ass. I wore some jeans and he said i had a nice ass. I told him thanks. He asked could he touch it. I didn't know he was gay, we both are very masculine. Long story short we kissed, sucked and fucked each other. He came quick, I didn't. Finished off at home. Every once in while we still fool around.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

When I was younger, inexperienced, and didn't know better...I fooled around with
a number or women (and men too) in my department and in other departments of
one of the companies for which I worked. I was foolish to think that no one would
know, or that tongues would not wag or talk. I thought what was being done was
being done clandestinely and that no one was the wiser. Well, I was stupid and lost
my job because of it.

It seems that I had a stockroom tryst with the bosses mistress, a very forward girl
whose antics were well known, but not to me. She put the mark on me as soon as
I arrived because I was not initially interested in her and was not overly friendly. I
finally took the bait and that was my downfall. She had a wagging tongue and she
mentioned what we were doing to some other women, and over heard by others who
were jealous of her position in the office since she was never asked to do overtime.
It got back to the boss and I was called on the carpet and fired!

I did not learn and I was caught by a supervisor at another company for "chatting up"
one of the secretaries...which was against company rules....and given a warning. I
got caught meeting one of them at a local watering hole later, and it got back to the
supervisor that we had spend the weekend together, and I was transferred to another
branch.

So, I would say...a resounding "NO." Not unless you want to maybe lose your job, miss
out on some promotions, advancements, etc. It just isn't worth it.

After I got into management positions myself, I realized how the "grape vine" worked, and
how many people there are out there who are out to "get" others if it is to their advantage.
I had people come to me and tell me things in confidence that almost made me lose my trust
in others or forever be sceptical of other people's motives. Some, who "secretely" reported
things to me that would be to "their" advantage only, were some that I would have never
guessed would have ever done such a thing. You never know!

I would not play where I work....not worth it!

Last edited:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Been there, done that quite a few times, including in the work place during working hours!

I would hope I'd do neither again; it's really something you should get out of your system in your late teens/early twenties!

Silvertriumph2 - you are so completely right about office politics. There are always people out to shaft you, even over baseless rumours, jealousy, competition, or plain dislike.

I once had a twin pronged attack from both HR, & a colleague, he for sheer unknown reasons hated me from the start, & they thought I was a trouble maker for suggesting people should be assessed primarily on results & capability, not whether they were a minute late to a meeting.

I did wonder if I was paranoid briefly, but it turned out i was right. He did something highly illegal & laid a trail to my door, but thanks to the fact that it turned out HR were spying on me & had installed cameras & keyloggers, they were compelled to bullet him & get the police.

My Director interviewed me, & asked if I knew what the others had been saying to him about me, & I confirmed, yep they've said worse to me in person. He asked why I hadn't brought it to his attention, & I replied, what kind of f*cking business runs on people tittle tattling to the boss: if they're doing that, they're not doing their job.

It turns out, most organisations run like this. Mediocrities desperately trying to defend & extend their personal fiefdoms.

That's why I've only ever worked as a consultant or contractor ever since. None of that sh*t, more respect, can't be sacked, & technically, if inclined, able to f*ck whomever you want!

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There was this guy I was pretty fond of at my place of employment. We worked together quite well and had many of interesting conversations mostly covering tons of topics, artists, poets, musicians and sex.

I thought about it once. I spent the 4th of July weekend with him a long time ago when I was in my early 20's. I even sat on his lap once but we decided it was probably a really bad idea since we worked in the same department and what not.

I'm glad we didn't. It saved some awkward moments.

We ended up as friends until I left that company. I'm not sure what ever happened to him.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been preaching the word "No!" about this issue, on this site for a while. Now, Im not so sure anymore. I guess its a calculated risk, and it really depends on the job and the circumstances. But really, its generally a bad idea.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a LTR/FB (blurred boundaries) relationship with a guy I worked with once. It caused a few problems at work, as word got out even though we tried to keep it quiet.

I also had sex with a few other guys from the same workplace, but there were no problems there.

It's something I would try to avoid these days, although I wouldn't rule it out completely.

MoonDoggy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My current and last girlfriends were both "office romances". I've always been against it by principle but considering that I didn't want this job, don't care about it and that it's less of an office and more of a pub, I decided to go for it. Helps that they pursued me though, don't know if I would have made a strong play for a woman I worked with.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on the workplace and the guy!

I've worked in bars and restaurants where it seemed like everyone was playing "musical beds" and it didn't seem to cause very many problems at all. Actually, I think all the food service jobs I had were like that.

I've had other jobs where I've never seen two people hook up and the environment was almost anti-sexual, like everyone was totally sexless.

In general, it's a terrible idea, but like submissivegirl83, it's not a rule set in stone. It depends entirely upon circumstance.

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have considered it twice, but never have. It just seemed like asking for unwanted drama. The first guy technically worked for the main company, and I was a sub-contractor, but his job was very corporate (we both worked for Hilton) and his boss (my boss's boss) seemed to hate me. I sometimes wish I had. He looked like a Ken doll, and his name was Ken. How novel! The second time, I would have because he was a doorman, and I worked at the pool. However, I had a boyfriend.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No. Never. Even if I weren't monogamous, I wouldn't want to complicate things at work any more than they already are. Besides most of my co-workers are women or gay men. I get hit on sometimes by clients, usually guys with a lot of money looking to redesign more than a kitchen. I usually have to be very careful and tactful to tell them no without losing the business. Only rarely did I suggest they get a new designer.