would you have sex with someone who is HIV+?

UpwardCurve

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is a stupid question, of course not.....

Good Lord....

No, I would not trust a thin layer of rubber to be the difference between life and death...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i think to most straight people it's a stupid question. the queer community might have a different reaction to the question.

ML

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i think to most straight people it's a stupid question.

That's why they're catching up in infection rates, ignorance. Many of them already have slept with someone who's HIV postive.

the queer community might have a different reaction to the question.

If only there were enough time in the day for me to elaborate, for the sake of efficiency I'll just say I agree.

Serodiscordant partnerships aren't anything new, they fly under the radar for the most part.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of people do and don't realize it.
Don't make me go there Marley. :12:

That's why they're catching up in infection rates, ignorance. Many of them already have slept with someone who's HIV postive
Damn! You had to go there. :rant: Granted women shouldn't be so quick to throw their legs over some young bucks shoulders; but it would be nice if these allegedly 80%-100% straight men were honest. If you know you just fucked a guy at a glory hole Friday night without a condom don't go spreading that mess to the girl you see every Saturday night. If you are still farting cum but just got to get you some pussy at least use a condom! :mad: :soapbox:

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Granted women shouldn't be so quick to throw their legs over some young bucks shoulders; but it would be nice if these allegedly 80%-100% straight men were honest. If you know you just fucked a guy at a glory hole Friday night without a condom don't go spreading that mess to the girl you see every Saturday night. If you are still farting cum but just got to get you some pussy at least use a condom! :mad:

I agree 100%, but it's not just the men who are lying about their status, if they even know their status. Women carry and transmit the disease as well, sometimes unknowingly. Some of those down-low brothas are just a waste of time and oxygen, they're an embarrassment to humanity and usually end up miserable as they deserve to be. I just wish they weren't dragging so many down with them.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, more hiv is spread in the straight community than the gay community. Hep C is deadlier than HIV and know that NEITHER are a just a gay disease anymore. ALSO, its easier for people that use IV drugs to spread HIV if they share needles...

You should really read a book on occation and learn the REAL truths behind a subject that effects EVERYONE. Love how everyone goes straight to the GAY when this topic comes up. You really wanna get scared...read how you can catch Hep C.

Actually, more hiv is spread in the straight community than the gay community. Hep C is deadlier than HIV and know that NEITHER are a just a gay disease anymore. ALSO, its easier for people that use IV drugs to spread HIV if they share needles...

You should really read a book on occation and learn the REAL truths behind a subject that effects EVERYONE. Love how everyone goes straight to the GAY when this topic comes up. You really wanna get scared...read how you can catch Hep C.

Took the coc-- er words, right out of my mouth. Straight people have got to stop thinking of this as a gay disease or that the only danger in their partner having HIV is because they had gay sex. It just isn't so.

HIV has killed more people than any other plague in history and its victims are overwhelmingly straight people who contracted it via straight sex.

And for the record I assume that every man or woman I have sex with has HIV. The only time I hope this will become an issue is when I have a partner I trust with my life and we decide to go unprotected.

Otherwise it's reckless to assume that anyone doesn't have HIV because many infected people don't know themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
in an epic display of brain rot i managed to get my foot in my mouth and my head up my ass at landspeed record time.

trying to clear it up a bit.

i meant after 20+ plus years of dealing with HIV i don't think the queer community would judge as harshly or dismiss the question as stupid, an off hand or automatic no. it would be a topic worth discussing.

i figured straight people would throw out the automatic NO, GOD NO, etc.

i didn't mean it to sound like i was lumping HIV or any other STI, STD was strictly a gay issue. i so understand transmission rates across the board. i just reacted to a couple post on the thread in a shitty way. i'm sorry.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't make me go there Marley. :12:

Damn! You had to go there. :rant: Granted women shouldn't be so quick to throw their legs over some young bucks shoulders; but it would be nice if these allegedly 80%-100% straight men were honest. If you know you just fucked a guy at a glory hole Friday night without a condom don't go spreading that mess to the girl you see every Saturday night. If you are still farting cum but just got to get you some pussy at least use a condom! :mad: :soapbox:

How dare you assume that all the HIV positive people are gay men! The question was if someone was HIV +. This isn't just a gay men's issue. Straight men, straight women, gay women, children for the love of jebus are living HIV + in the US and they got that way through a variety of means.

Imagine the scenario of a baby born to a HIV + mother who became pos from drug use and due to breast feeding the baby is now positive as well. The baby is treated with drugs and grows up to be a young man in the world, straight as can be, who happens to be HIV pos. He's everything you're looking for in a guy and he reveals his status to you. Do you have have safe sex with him if you're educated about the risks? There are plenty of pos/neg relationships that exist with full disclosure.

I'm disappointed in so many of the responses that jumped to conclusions without thinking through the various possibilities. That by no means that I think people should be compelled to have sex with people they are not comfortable with but for jebus sake, grow a brain and some compassion. Stop hiding behind your own thinly veiled prejudices and educate yourself. Your heartlessness and vehemence is appalling. HIV poz people are not the great untouchables.

Would I? I'm HIV negative but yes I would have sex with an HIV pos but I would be mindful of the sexual acts I would perform and I would practice the same safe sex that I would with an HIV negative partner. Quite frankly the easiest, safest and best way to approach most sexual situations is to assume that everyone you meet is HIV + and have safe sex accordingly.

D_skeaflea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How dare you assume that all the HIV positive people are gay men! The question was if someone was HIV +. This isn't just a gay men's issue. Straight men, straight women, gay women, children for the love of jebus are living HIV + in the US and they got that way through a variety of means.

Gay guys are really, really touchy about the subject of HIV in general. The attitude of "more straight people get it!" has actually made some gay men think that it's okay to have sex without a condom, because they believe that their odds are lower of getting it. . . . .o_O

A lot of people don't know this, but Matthew Shephard was HIV positive, and the reason he was killed is because he was hooking up with men at a local bar, having unprotected sex with them and never informing them of his status. People in town were getting word of this, and two men took it in their hands to beat him and leave him for dead. It doesn't make what they did right by any means, but the media and gay rights activists tried to make it seem like he got killed only because he was gay. He was killed for his irresponsible behavior, not for his orientation.

ABC News: New Details Emerge in Matthew Shepard Murder

Regardless of whether you're gay or straight, or how you want to argue this. . .hopefully you can agree with me that we all need to be more responsible by getting tested together at the beginning of a relationship, and/or a few times per year if you're sexually active. If you're going to hook up with someone, know their sexual history. Also, know that some people lie about their status, or just don't know that they have HIV at all.

No one uses a condom for oral sex. As funny as it seems, people seem to forget that a blowjob still counts as unprotected sex.

If people were truly responsible, HIV would be eradicated in a single generation. That's really something to think about when there's nothing to read on the toilet.

Last edited:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Imagine the scenario of a baby born to a HIV + mother who became pos from drug use and due to breast feeding the baby is now positive as well. The baby is treated with drugs and grows up to be a young man in the world, straight as can be, who happens to be HIV pos. He's everything you're looking for in a guy and he reveals his status to you. Do you have have safe sex with him if you're educated about the risks? There are plenty of pos/neg relationships that exist with full disclosure.

I'm disappointed in so many of the responses that jumped to conclusions without thinking through the various possibilities. That by no means that I think people should be compelled to have sex with people they are not comfortable with but for jebus sake, grow a brain and some compassion. Stop hiding behind your own thinly veiled prejudices and educate yourself. Your heartlessness and vehemence is appalling. HIV poz people are not the great untouchables.

Would I? I'm HIV negative but yes I would have sex with an HIV pos but I would be mindful of the sexual acts I would perform and I would practice the same safe sex that I would with an HIV negative partner. Quite frankly the easiest, safest and best way to approach most sexual situations is to assume that everyone you meet is HIV + and have safe sex accordingly.

Yes yes and yes! Fuck folks, you come on all strong about the fear of HIV infection and yet completely ignore other STD's that are even easier to catch and can be life threatening too.

Last edited:

jthiijko

Just Browsing
Media
From wat ive heard on tv. n local radio... HIV is more commonly spread in the Straight community because men from when they go on the DL... lol.

idc. if they use a rubber yer.