would you have sex with someone who is HIV+?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NO....simple.....we are at an age where hiv+ people have a much better quality of life despite their condition than those in the past or indeed in modern africa but there is still no cure. Its easy to say that protected sex will offer some safety but its not 100% safe....i don't want HIV or aids so will not take the risk

I am negative and plan on staying that way. I enjoyed the sexual freedom before aids came out and never got any diseases and when it was discovered, I stayed non sexual for the most part and did everything vanilla. I met my late partner and we enjoyed sex like it was going out of style and I never ever strayed on him and he never ever strayed on me. and when he died from gastric bypass, I will back to be non sexual till I met the right one and we were tested and played vanilla again and my life is great now.

I do not understand the gay community anymore and it seems they only want to have sex sex and more sex. And dont seem to worry about the implications of getting a disease. men I was really interested in are now hiv positive and not to sound insensitive, but they should have played better or abstained from so many encounters.

I would limit myself to 5 encounters when meeting a man and if he had more than that, I told sorry not interested. since my partner late died, I have had no encounters and that was 4 years ago and now my new partner knows what joy it is to have someone who loves sex and more sex.

Well said. Whatever happened to being responsible for what happens to yourself? or Then there's the fact that lots of gay men have the idea that they can be as promiscious as they want and as long as you use a condom somehow everything will be magically fine even though condoms do break and people do get HIV from giving oral sex and the best way not to get HIV is to not have sex with people who are Poz.

Honestly, how many people on here complain about how people believe the things said by political parties or politicians, and then attack anyone who even mentions they might not use a condom every single time they ever have sex, even with a regular partner? How many believe this stuff so strongly they think they can just go screw anything that breathes and they're invincible because they're "always safe", yet are still at risk for the majority of STDs including incurable ones like herpes, HPV, and hepatitis? How many insist on condoms every time for anal or vaginal sex, claiming that the risk is too high without one, but then claim "oral isn't that risky" and don't bother with condoms then and yet swallow and get cum in their mouth? How many haven't checked the footnotes on that "99% effective" on the box and noticed it says "vs pregnancy only"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying throw them out. Condoms do reduce your chances of contracting STDs. Unless you're fucking someone who's got a latex allergy that causes them to tear and begin bleeding profusely, in which case things are then actually worse. Then you're up into sharing needles levels of dangerous. But while they do reduce chances, they most certainly aren't foolproof. They aren't anywhere near it. But a lot of people seem to have bought this brainwashing constructed by politicians that were pressured to "Do Something! (TM)" to look good wholesale, and no longer care about being selective in partners. How many of you ask someone if they have an STD first? Or do you just roll one on and have at it, figuring hey you'll be fine? Ever ask someone if they're allergic? Do you carry an extra non-latex one in case you run into someone? Usually I don't even bother posting rants like this, because the responses usually come as flames intended to be loud enough so that all the people who don't want to hear it can continue sticking their fingers in their ears and going "La la la la I can't hear you!" That way they can pretend there's nothing to be afraid of and can be as promiscuous as they want, then point fingers at someone else if something bad ever happens, because it can't be their fault if they were always safe like they were taught, like good little boys and girls. It's like trying to tell an alcoholic that smoking pot daily isn't as harmful as their nightly binge drinking.

Yes and I have. Take the correct measures to engage in safe sex and there's not much to worry about. I've even gone down on men who are HIV+ and not wearing a condom and never worried about contracting the virus. The risks are so slim with regard to oral activity that it's a non issue for me considering the other activities gay men are into that have a much higher risk factor. For example, those who like to get fist fucked have a 3% chance of succumbing to sepsis and dying.

I know many couples where one is HIV- and the other is HIV+ and they've been that way for more than a decade. This is good news compared to the death knoll of the 1980's.

The Squeeze and I are also responsible and have monthly HIV tests. So far we're doing OK. We do live, after all, in an actively HIV area (sort of like earthquakes).

MidLife-Why put yourself at risk like that? Do you have a death wish? Perhaps you think, oh well I'm an older man and if I'm not Poz now it's bound to happen sometime so I might as well not do safer sex and use condoms for giving Poz men oral sex. Since you are bisexual so do you use dental dams on women when you give them oral sex? Also condoms do fail, break, and you can get HIV from giving oral sex. As far as HIV meds go they do not work for everyone, the side effects suck-They are VERY toxic to the human body, and they do not continue working for everyone. Plus HIV meds are not some magic pill that is a cure all and somehow makes HIV and all its issues just somehow go away. Let's not forget how even if someone is Poz and undetectable how they can still easily give an HIV Neg person HIV.

jerryhall

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some guys actually fall in love with other guys. I know this is hard for many of you cynics to realize. Sometime, when they are in love, they find out that one of them is HIV positive. People who have HIV can be exposed and not have the antibodies show up in an HIV test for 6 months, so you could be having sex with someone and falling in love with them and then find out they are HIV positive.

I think to say "I would only have sex with a guy who was HIV positive if I were suicidal" is a little simplistic. The guy you are having sex with today could become HIV positive tomorrow.

I have before. Would I do it now? Well no I would not. It made me nervous and even though we did use condoms I still always worried in the back of my mind stuff like, "What if I got HIV from him?"

TheRam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You can still get infected even if the person is on meds. Just because someone's viral load is low or undetectable it does not mean that you as an HIV NEG person are somehow not going to get HIV from them. Also you can get HIV from oral sex as I know men who got it this way and more and more men are getting it from sucking cock and then there's the whole problem with people lying about how they are into barebacking and how a lot of faggots are into barebacking with random people and using meth, and how Poz men think that it's somehow safe to fuck other Poz men bareback when they're just getting other strains of HIV and giving other Poz men other strains of HIV, not to mention strains of Hepatitis. They have a death wish and do not care who they infect or what healthy Poz men they reinfect since reinfection with HIV can and does happen and there is now yet another new strain of HIV.