Would You Marry an Accused Murderer?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by exwhyzee, Dec 18, 2008.

1. exwhyzee

Gold Member

From the Chicago Tribune:

Nothing gets people talking like an engagement announcement, but news that Drew Peterson had popped the question to a 23-year-old woman sparked a range of reactions Wednesday, from disbelief to revulsion.

After all, he's married. And, he's the suspect in his wife's disappearance.

Indeed, the Chicago media scrambled when Peterson's publicist issued a statement confirming the 54-year-old former Bolingbrook police sergeant is now engaged.

Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, was 23 when she vanished in October 2007. The death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in a dry bathtub, has since been reclassified a homicide. Peterson hasn't been charged in either case.

Still, he didn't strike some people as marriage material. Pam Bosco, spokeswoman for Stacy's family, could barely contain her disgust.

"We're just playing into his publicity stunt," she said. "We know nothing about this woman, we don't know if she exists. ... If it was from something very private and special, it would have been kept that way."

Peterson declined to reveal who his latest lady love is, protesting that their privacy would be jeopardized.

Read more here.

Would you date a person accused of criminal activity? Would alarms go off if your fiance had been accused of murder? Do you think Drew is full of crap? Any bets how long till this new wife will be found drowned in a dry bathtub?

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Good question...but I only have an essay type answer so I'll try to boil it down. If someone is accused or convicted are two different things in my mind. I think I would have to judge this on a case by case analysis.
    Sure it would sound off red flags and whistles but I would like to think that If I were to marry someone I would know them beyond a shadow of a doubt.

As for the case in question considering this mans background...I think this woman is insane if she marries him.

3. D_Marazion Analdouche

Frankly nothing shocks me anymore.

To be honest I forgot all about this case, maybe this will turn out for the best. Meaning turning the spotlight back on him will stir something up, who knows.

Or maybe he just has really bad luck with women, ya know, slipping in a dry tub, having another wife disappear without a trace. Maybe he just picks women that are a little clumsy and have commitment issues.:rolleyes:

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Following Nude's logic, yes, I would. Assuming I knew someone very well and they were only accused. But could I marry a murderer? No.

5. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Maybe she is a psycho and she will kill him.

6. midlifebear

Gold Member

Everybody needs somebody sometime. -- Dean Martin

7. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hasn't this guy been accused of murdering a past wife too?

8. Principessa

Gold Member

9. Gl3nn

Gold Member

I agree with Nick.

Draft saved Draft deleted