Would you marry ... ? ...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by mexdude, Dec 7, 2010.

1. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    I hope this is the right place to post this so here it goes

Would you marry someone with a mental disabled relative that will always need assitance ? , not all day, but in many things it would need help , or its just too much to ask? , i would like to hear from women mostly, but i guess men could comment too

#1 mexdude, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Seems like one of those responsibilities one may take on when joining a new family. As long as the assistance needed remains reasonable, I would not have an issue with it.

3. DasLeezard

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah.. but then again, many moons in the healthcare field in some aspect and having a couple of relatives that needed care makes me more open to these sorts of things.

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Love me, love my dog/family/small business/obsessive hobby/wooden leg. That's marriage. It's a big step with consequences.

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Perfectly said helgaleena :smile:

6. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

If I loved someone. I would do anything to help. Even if it means being a nurse to a family member at times.

7. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    tnks for the responses, yea its pretty much my situation, my brother doesnt need that much qualified nurse assitance, just help with his meds, and other basic but somewhat annoying things, well its nice to know that it wont be an impossible problem for a parter, cause i was worried about it for a long time

8. voyeurgirl69

voyeurgirl69 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    yeah I would if I really was into the guy

9. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

My husband and I each have family members that are disabled due to being mentally ill. Both are in need of assistance in many ways and we've weathered innumerable crises with them. So I guess the answer would be yes. Life is messy and complicated, if the woman can't handle a relative that needs some help then she probably can't handle much else anyway.

10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know. I had to take care of my mother from the time I was 9. Now, because my grandmothers have both lost their children, I'm struggling to keep their needs met from various distances. I'm very close to getting one of them more independence, but the other is a lost cause. She's now too crazy to suffer anyway. I'm becoming emotionally detached from her whether I want to or not. My Grandma's not really in there anymore. You know when your parents both become deathly ill while you're a child, and stay ill until you're just barely an adult and then croak on you, it sucks a lot out of you. When your grandparents then begin to have failing health, it brings back a lot of old hurts and fears. It's enough already. I don't think I could marry into a special needs situation. I'm really tired of taking care of adults. If something happened, and someone in my new family became someone who needed a lot of extra care, I would do anything I could. However, I would not deliberately put myself in that situation. No way.

11. mexdude

mexdude New Member

Albums:
    I know the feeling, my mom died when i was 16

Draft saved Draft deleted