Would you pledge your virginity to your father?

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I suppose it if it were the daughters idea and she were not pressured into in by her family, friends or church. To me though, if you are going to remain pure you do not need “purity balls” or to pledge it to your father. Seems better to just pledge it to yourself- but some people like to do things a little more publicly.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No I couldn't... it's really a creepy idea.

Agreed...between the thinly veiled subtext of incestuousness and the reinforcement of the antiquated notion that women are property to be passed unspoiled from father to husband, I can't imagine any enlightened person not being creeped out by this.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well put yourself in the daughter's position... I am neither a daughter nor the father of a daughter but i say.. nahh

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This is so damn creepy and yet another reason I am ecstatic that evangelical christians are losing their grip on this country.
It makes the poor daughter appear to be an object of ownership and breaks the bond of inherent trust that comes with a parent/child relationship.
Yet another attempt of Right-wing control .

:banana:
HORSE

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I only read the first page... but the whole thing about a 4 year old signing... is as moot, as anything... because at 4,7,10,12 years old.. there is no gaurentee that they wont be pressured to have sex... It's just a twisted control tactic.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not quite as creepy as it sounds at first.

The fuck it isn't.

Indoctrination of pre-teens and barely-teens to ensure their compliance to crypto-Victorian notions of morality ... if that's not creepy, then I'd love to know what the heck it is. :rolleyes:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

This is more insane propaganda by the "supposed
"Moral Majority" and the fundamentalists. The key word in fundamental
being "fundaMENTAL". The article goes on to state "these teens who take these pledges have a higher rate of std's because they mistakenly believe they don't need a condom to have oral and anal sex". That by carrying a condom it means the sex is "pre-meditated", not carrying a condom denotes no sex is planned! These teens { mostly girls} are sadly mis-informed, would'nt you say? * whoops I forgot to sign in again!
Cigarbabe:sgrin::saevil:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Agreed...between the thinly veiled subtext of incestuousness and the reinforcement of the antiquated notion that women are property to be passed unspoiled from father to husband, I can't imagine any enlightened person not being creeped out by this.

Mothers were also considered property which is why they aren't mentioned at all. Evidently their opinion doesn't count.

D

deleted13797

I only read the first page... but the whole thing about a 4 year old signing... is as moot, as anything... because at 4,7,10,12 years old.. there is no gaurentee that they wont be pressured to have sex... It's just a twisted control tactic.

At the end of the article, she asks some girls what purity means to them. They can't give her a half way decent answer.

D

deleted13797

The fuck it isn't.

Indoctrination of pre-teens and barely-teens to ensure their compliance to crypto-Victorian notions of morality ... if that's not creepy, then I'd love to know what the heck it is. :rolleyes:

I meant it's not as creepy as incest, which is kind of what it sounds like.

And people, I don't expect you to answer the question, it was just the title of the article I posted.

D

deleted13797

This is so damn creepy and yet another reason I am ecstatic that evangelical christians are losing their grip on this country.
It makes the poor daughter appear to be an object of ownership and breaks the bond of inherent trust that comes with a parent/child relationship.
Yet another attempt of Right-wing control .

:banana:
HORSE

Unfortunately, there's a new movement of evangelicals that's growing at a fast rate and shows signs of being much more permanent than the moral majority types were. The good news is is that they're not as interested in legislating their morality. This is the best article I could find on it, but I saw a lot better one before, if I find it again, I'll post it.
AlterNet: 'Arrows for the War'

wifeofalargeman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not agree with the article overall but,
I am around teenage girls all day who are having sex indescriminately. The majority are looking for love they are not getting from their absentee father, or for a baby to give them the unconditional love they are lacking.
Most who are having sex are still participating in unprotected oral, anal and vaginal sex. Condoms are free at the health dept. and most have said even
when they have them they do not use them. I put my girl on birth control at 15 and give her condoms regularly. I do not condone what she is doing but I am not stupid enough to believe she is not sexually active. She has been, in fact quiet honest with me. We have constant talks about the hazards of unprotected oral, anal and vaginal sex. To be perfectly honest it would be refreshing if more teenagers at least decided to wait till they where at least older before participating in sex. On the other hand my son has decided to wait till marriage and has asked my opinion. I am not for that I have heard and talked to too many people who were not sexually compatible and were miserable or divorced. I know how important sex is, to men esp. and I want him to have a great marriage in all possible ways. There is no easy answer to any of this but at least these people are trying and who am I to condemn them.

D

deleted13797

I am around teenage girls all day who are having sex indescriminately.
Most who are having sex are still participating in unprotected oral, anal and vaginal sex.

I wish I was in your position (though I'd ask them to use protection).