Would you push the button?

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think a lot of you are reading the question and thinking that might want to push the button. You've realized that you value a big dick more than human life and that frightens you. So you want to come up with another reason why you can't push the button. Interestingly enough the reason to not push the button becomes just as selfish as pushing the button.

Now you're twisting the answers to fit a predetermined answer. Again, changing your open discussion into a leading question.

Nowhere in @Mercurygirl 's comment did she reflect, intimate, suggest, imply or associate a fear. She acknowledged consequences and the belief in karma, retribution and the age old adage that you should do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

That philosophy, "The Golden Rule", is part of most of the western cultures. You should not read it as a deflection or avoidance, but rather as a cultural norm.

Now, you asked a simple question "the valuation of a human life in exchange for a big dick", and people have responded that it is seems puerile or presents no ethical dilemma.

If you want to create cognitive dissonance or an ethical dilemma, you are going to have to either reduce the negative or raise the positive... "give someone your smaller dick and you get their larger dick"; "loss $100,000 over your lifetime and you get a larger dick"; "impoverish a random person and you get a larger dick"; "give up 5 years of your life and get a larger dick". All different questions, but since your results are clearly lopsided, you either have to adjust your poll, or revise your premise.

Now you're twisting the answers to fit a predetermined answer. Again, changing your open discussion into a leading question.

Nowhere in @Mercurygirl 's comment did she reflect, intimate, suggest, imply or associate a fear. She acknowledged consequences and the belief in karma, retribution and the age old adage that you should do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

That philosophy, "The Golden Rule", is part of most of the western cultures. You should not read it as a deflection or avoidance, but rather as a cultural norm.

Now, you asked a simple question "the valuation of a human life in exchange for a big dick", and people have responded that it is seems puerile or presents no ethical dilemma.

If you want to create cognitive dissonance or an ethical dilemma, you are going to have to either reduce the negative or raise the positive... "give someone your smaller dick and you get their larger dick"; "loss $100,000 over your lifetime and you get a larger dick"; "impoverish a random person and you get a larger dick"; "give up 5 years of your life and get a larger dick". All different questions, but since your results are clearly lopsided, you either have to adjust your poll, or revise your premise.

Agreed. These are better choices.

Hairylegs

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oops, misread the deal. Okay, cancel the $10K. I get a bigger dick if I anonymously kill a few folks by pushing a button. Well, I'm very comfortable with my standard issue, American cut 6" boner. But if can wreak some havoc and mayhem on some innocent people, destroy their families, cause great heartache AND get me 2½ extra, unneeded inches at the same time, absolutely. Fair is fair. Think of all the locker room respect I'd get, think of the girls who would swoon at the sight of my improved manhood. Think of the butt holes that would get seriously damaged from my new, improved, eager priapus. (And speaking of manhoods, can we throw in a regrowable/vanishing foreskin too with the deal? I mean I can't understand why any guy would be impressed with a foreskin, but they are obviously out there, so what the hell, it expands my prowess territory and the men I can conquer). All for pushing a little button? GOOD DEAL! Like playing a computer game, and getting a bigger dick at the same time. Do I get to choose the general territory upon which my vengeful wrath can be unleashed? Say Chicago or maybe Washington. I'm in. I'm pushing the button, so look out. I know who you are, and I know where you live.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

I've gotten a number of PV messages saying that they would push the button. So I think there is a greater ethical issue here than you're admitting.

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've gotten a number of PV messages saying that they would push the button. So I think there is a greater ethical issue here than you're admitting.

:)

zero is a number, but I suspect there might be some people. There are also people that worship cock or muscle or stones. And there are plenty of people who do not respect life. Individual and cultural relativism at its finest.

And the main thrust of my response you quoted was that you were inferring the negative space from a responder's single answer. That is statistically, and logically, unsound.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
:)

zero is a number, but I suspect there might be some people. There are also people that worship cock or muscle or stones. And there are plenty of people who do not respect life. Individual and cultural relativism at its finest.

And the main thrust of my response you quoted was that you were inferring the negative space from a responder's single answer. That is statistically, and logically, unsound.

I'm reaching for the deeper reasons behind people's answers. The truth that lies in their hearts but are unwilling to say.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's no more shallow than any of the other reasons we kill each other. I would argue that it's significantly less shallow than money or revenge.

Well, I don't exactly condone killing over money or revenge either. It's still fucking murder. Anyone who would truly go through with something like that is an absolute sociopath.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Probably. But a lot of people and whole nations kill for reasons that boil down to wanting more money.

And again, I don't condone that shit. It's stupid. I've seen you talk about how you have faith in humanity... this kind of conversation is what makes me lose mine.

Reactions: alcor972

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Are you really dense enough to seriously ask me why it kinda kills my faith in humanity when I read discussions like this? Discussions about Killing a person you'll never have to meet to get a bigger dick? You're asking "Would you consider ending the life of a complete stranger who did absolutely nothing to you and cause endless heartache and loss to their loved ones... so you can have a Big Dick?"

There's just no way having a bigger dick is worth causing a total stranger to experience that kind of pain.

Edited to add: I'm not sure how serious you are a lot of the time walleyj... but this one got into my brain because I know that some people in this fucked up world would actually push that damn button. Shit's just fucked up.

Last edited:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Are you really dense enough to seriously ask me why it kinda kills my faith in humanity when I read discussions like this? Discussions about Killing a person you'll never have to meet to get a bigger dick? You're asking "Would you consider ending the life of a complete stranger who did absolutely nothing to you and cause endless heartache and loss to their loved ones... so you can have a Big Dick?"

There's just no way having a bigger dick is worth causing a total stranger to experience that kind of pain.

Edited to add: I'm not sure how serious you are a lot of the time walleyj... but this one got into my brain because I know that some people in this fucked up world would actually push that damn button. Shit's just fucked up.

Yes, you're ending an innocent life, but you're getting a big dick. Something that could totally change your life and the life of your friends and family. Why not hurt someone you don't know for that kind of opportunity?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, you're ending an innocent life, but you're getting a big dick. Something that could totally change your life and the life of your friends and family. Why not hurt someone you don't know for that kind of opportunity?

Because the benefits of having a bigger dick are not even remotely close to being as significant as the harm/pain being caused. Have you ever lost a loved one? Do you care about Anything in this world other than your pisser?

I'm done with this ridiculous conversation. You're starting to really push my button walleyj :mad: