Would You Rather Be Called A Slut Or Fat?

What would you rather be called?

• I prefer slut.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I prefer fat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prefer to be called a fat, slut.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would You Rather Be Called A Slut Or Fat?

Our society has a lot of thoughts about what women should be, and many of these ideas have to do with weight and promiscuity. The ideal is that a woman is thin and pure. In an article on The Huffington Post, writer Charlotte Hilton Andersen considers whether it’s better to be called a slut or fat—two names that women usually don’t enjoy being labeled. So, which would you rather? Please, justify your choice in the thread.

joybunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All three are pretty bad. Slut is not used as much here as the terms whore or hoe. As for being called fat, that depends on how the woman views herself. At least one Texas city, Houston, was listed as one of America's fattest cities for at least two years. Not to mention women seem to be harder on themselves and other about their weight than men.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get called BOTH.
Fat by hubby :redface:. It is cool because he is FAT also..."
Slut at work because I rate guys all of the time with my slut girlfriends!!
:biggrin1:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't give a fuck what people call me.

I dislike the word slut, the concept even, because of the implication that women who like sex are bad people. I dislike it being used as an insult - but I am not insulted by it.

Similarly, people use fat as an insult for a few different reasons, they perceive fat to be bad or ugly, they presume that the target of the insult will perceive 'fat' as a bad thing to be called. If someone calls me fat and I am fat that's descriptive, whether they are trying to be unkind about it or not it's a rather empty insult. If someone calls me fat and I am not fat then it's just a rather empty insult.

Insults (or attempted insults) that people use say far more about the insulter than the insulted.

EDIT: As to which do I prefer - I would say I'm equally indifferent to both.

Last edited:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
I have nothing against fat people, but I just don't get this "women are so much harder on themselves" argument. I'm rather underweight, and have gotten picked on for it and even turned down by lots of women.

Rather than "being hard on myself" (which, in my opinion, is a sorry euphemism for doing nothing), I started working out and changing that.

What is it exactly that prevents fat people from getting off their duffs and making a change?

And also, I don't buy the whole society being unrealistic in it's definition of beauty argument either. Fact is overweight people are less healthy and more prone to disease. Evolution and biology therefore made that trait unattractive, not the media.

I saw a wonderful documentary where some researchers tested that ridiculous theory by bringing photos of women of all different body shapes to tribes in Central America and Africa who were for the most part, untouched by Western civilization. Guess which body types they preferred? The same ones every other man in every other country prefers. They apparently aren't attracted to overweight women either, and they have absolutely NO access to Western media.

Waist to hip ratio is important to all men.

All three are pretty bad. Slut is not used as much here as the terms whore or hoe. As for being called fat, that depends on how the woman views herself. At least one Texas city, Houston, was listed as one of America's fattest cities for at least two years. Not to mention women seem to be harder on themselves and other about their weight than men.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
I have nothing against fat people, but I just don't get this "women are so much harder on themselves" argument. I'm rather underweight, and have gotten picked on for it and even turned down by lots of women.

Rather than "being hard on myself" (which, in my opinion, is a sorry euphemism for doing nothing), I started working out and changing that.

What is it exactly that prevents fat people from getting off their duffs and making a change?

And also, I don't buy the whole society being unrealistic in it's definition of beauty argument either. Fact is overweight people are less healthy and more prone to disease. Evolution and biology therefore made that trait unattractive, not the media.

I saw a wonderful documentary where some researchers tested that ridiculous theory by bringing photos of women of all different body shapes to tribes in Central America and Africa who were for the most part, untouched by Western civilization. Guess which body types they preferred? The same ones every other man in every other country prefers. They apparently aren't attracted to overweight women either, and they have absolutely NO access to Western media.

Anyway, the point of my rambling post (sorry) is that even though I have nothing against overweight people, I certainly feel no pity for them either.

Being singled out based on your race, income, or sexuality is one thing. Being singled out based on something you can change is another.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SO sure of himself he said it twice!!!

I'm called fat and I am fat so that's fair enough.

I've not been called a slut and though I dislike the term at least if anyone rightly called me one it'd mean I was having a lot of sex. so I'd be happy anyway! :biggrin1:

:rolleyes:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So people should only be put down for things they can change or have had a choice in? That makes it seem as if there are few acceptable ways to live your life. Perhaps someone likes to cover their body with tattoos and piercings...should they be put down for that because it's their choice? In just the same way if someone is overweight and either a)can't do anything about it immediately for any number of reasons or b) they are comfortable with themselves the way they are, should they still be put down?

I myself don't think that anyone should ever be put down or singled out for any choice they make in their life. We are all unique individuals who have a right to live our life as we choose. I know I'm fat and if someone wants to use that word to describe me that's fine...but when they choose to use it as a third-rate insult.....who is worse?....the person who is ok with being overweight or the person who stoops to first-grade insults?

You can choose to be a good and decent person just as much as you can choose to get off your duff and go exercise.

Anyway, the point of my rambling post (sorry) is that even though I have nothing against overweight people, I certainly feel no pity for them either.

Being singled out based on your race, income, or sexuality is one thing. Being singled out based on something you can change is another.