Would you vote for michelle obama?

RedDick

Expert Member
Media
I am hopeful and confident that Hillary will win this year's general election. It's my hope that her health will permit her to serve two terms.

However, IF (somehow) Hillary loses this year's general election, would you vote for Michelle Obama if she were to run in the 20' election? I would! Can you imagine getting Barack back into the White House with her to help lobby on behalf of the progressive movement?! Wow!

What say you?

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am hopeful and confident that Hillary will win this year's general election. It's my hope that her health will permit her to serve two terms.

However, IF (somehow) Hillary loses this year's general election, would you vote for Michelle Obama if she were to run in the 20' election? I would! Can you imagine getting Barack back into the White House with her to help lobby on behalf of the progressive movement?! Wow!

What say you?

I don't see it happening. She has never held office, I don't think she is leaning in that direction. Unlike Hillary who was a political animal when she met up with Bill, Michelle has been more career oriented and family oriented. As a former first lady she may be able to exploit that to a political advantage but I think she will try to influence things in other ways. A lot of people are wary of keeping politics in a family. Even brothers like Kennedy and Bush have had some problems in that area. Edward Kennedy did a lot in the Senate, but his ambition for the White House was something people did not like - he had an "I'm entitled attitude in 1980" and that is why he lost to Carter. Jeb! had a similar issue. The Hillary / Bill saga is almost like a South American drama - think Evita Peron. I'm not sure the public would follow that script twice in a life time.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really know what Michelle's politics really are, so I can't honestly say one way or the other whether I would vote for her. I find dynasty's to be generally anti-american in the realm of politics, but if she can build a good case for herself then maybe...maybe not.

I do know that my niece, who will be able to vote in 20, will not vote for her if she ran for office because Michelle took chili cheese fries off of her school's lunch room menu. A fatal blow. I will quote.... "That b***h took away my fries! She's evil I tell you!" Priorities and all that.

Reactions: Jjz1109

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really know what Michelle's politics really are, so I can't honestly say one way or the other whether I would vote for her. I find dynasty's to be generally anti-american in the realm of politics, but if she can build a good case for herself then maybe...maybe not.

I do know that my niece, who will be able to vote in 20, will not vote for her if she ran for office because Michelle took chili cheese fries off of her school's lunch room menu. A fatal blow. I will quote.... "That b***h took away my fries! She's evil I tell you!" Priorities and all that.

I think tater tots took a hit from her too, so she's got that group lined up against her too.

Reactions: Jjz1109 and MisterB

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Like many First Ladies (Nancy Reagan), she had very direct and heavy influence on her husband's decisions. Michelle's battle with obama staff, especially with Rahm Emanuel and Robert Gibbs, were legendary. She also had problems with other First Ladies, most memorable with French President Sarkozy's wife. She worked very hard at being the anti-first lady, eskewing the traditions and protocols past first lady's usually embraced. She'd need to work on her playing "politics" before getting into politics.

phillo12345

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't see it happening. She has never held office...Michelle has been more career oriented and family oriented.

Which is why she'd probably make a better candidate than any we've seen in a generation, I really think politicians should be barred from holding office.

phillo12345

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is the logic that brings us Trump. I'll pass on that.

And here I thought the fact that 50% (51%?) of the US is apparently made up of racist, gun loving, reactionary, bigoted, homophobic nationalists brought us Trump : \

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And here I thought the fact that 50% (51%?) of the US is apparently made up of racist, gun loving, reactionary, bigoted, homophobic nationalists brought us Trump : \

. . . 51% of Americans do not fit that profile, but the rejection of politicians by those who do fit that profile brought us to Trump. They are a logical extension of the term limits crowd. We have always had term limits - every election cycle is a term limit. If the office holder failed to do his job, he is voted out. An experiences politician who does his job stays on. People get upset when their guy is voted out, but angrier when your guy keeps his job - choosing to see it is corruption. Usually it isn't. Gerrymandering is a factor, bigger than it has been, but that is still something that can be overcome - sometimes with time, sometimes with strong opposition.

I'm not saying Mrs. O would be a bad elected official, but before I move her back into the Oval office, I would need to see some experience other than what I see right now, today.

phillo12345

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
. . . 51% of Americans do not fit that profile, but the rejection of politicians by those who do fit that profile brought us to Trump. They are a logical extension of the term limits crowd. We have always had term limits - every election cycle is a term limit. If the office holder failed to do his job, he is voted out. An experiences politician who does his job stays on. People get upset when their guy is voted out, but angrier when your guy keeps his job - choosing to see it is corruption. Usually it isn't. Gerrymandering is a factor, bigger than it has been, but that is still something that can be overcome - sometimes with time, sometimes with strong opposition.

I'm not saying Mrs. O would be a bad elected official, but before I move her back into the Oval office, I would need to see some experience other than what I see right now, today.

I've been too involved with politics today. I tend to agree with you, the 51% was nothing but my fear that Trump will become reality. I know very little about M. Obama, she just makes me feel happy, a nice liberal First Lady, but I have no clue.

The Trump situation is freaking me out but it probably won't be end times. As for Obama I wasn't really impressed with most of his presidency but as soon as it was politically safe...the past couple years...he's addressed some of the social justice issues I was hoping he would.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've been too involved with politics today. I tend to agree with you, the 51% was nothing but my fear that Trump will become reality. I know very little about M. Obama, she just makes me feel happy, a nice liberal First Lady, but I have no clue.

The Trump situation is freaking me out but it probably won't be end times. As for Obama I wasn't really impressed with most of his presidency but as soon as it was politically safe...the past couple years...he's addressed some of the social justice issues I was hoping he would.

Your concerns about Trump are certainly valid - but I still have confidence that the system will right itself as it relates to him. I also agree with you about Ms. Obama - that story is still being written. Every political leader will disappoint you -some way more than others. Some often rise up and surprise you. That is why the long view is important. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

phillo12345

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your concerns about Trump are certainly valid - but I still have confidence that the system will right itself as it relates to him. I also agree with you about Ms. Obama - that story is still being written. Every political leader will disappoint you -some way more than others. Some often rise up and surprise you. That is why the long view is important. The sun will still rise tomorrow.

Thanks for the 'glass half full' reminder, I get a little crazed with politics. It's definitely an interesting time we're in here.

Reactions: keenobserver

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

tumblr_lw16b8E9vu1qc8bi8o1_500.gif