Would You Want To Know?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think this is a good thing, because what you don't know can hurt or kill you.
Personally, I would want to know if I could. I don't like surprises.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if it is already terminal, than know i wouldn't want to know. if on the other hand treatment can help, than sure why not?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i dont think its good to mess with the future it could make other things planned for you to go haywire

I don't see it that way. That's like saying I won't go to a doctor for a physical because he might find cancer. What's the difference?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd want to know. I have a couple of conditions that require monitoring and the monitoring of those conditions has improved my life considerably. And taking care of things earlier and managing them prevents these things from becoming more serious as quickly.

It would be nice to be forewarned and treated rather than to have surprises come up that are untreatable and unmanageable. I'm speaking from experience here.

Equus14

Experimental Member
Media

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if you knew it was terminal, at least you would have time to do things. I can't stand the fact that people don't take enough chances or go places do things try things etc. It's a big world, pack in as much as you can. Do what you can when you can do it don't wait for "someday"

I'll second this.

I'd want to know. If it is treatable, great, you can get started that much sooner. If it can't, take out huge bank loans and go wild.:biggrin1:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok i am bad i read the post wrong.i thought i was reading if you knew now (duh drink another beer mikey heheeh)yes i would want to know.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if it is incurable to i get the opportunity to become a doc holiday style baass on my way out? these are answers i need to know.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My first impression is to say no.

If I were to know that I had a limited time of good health I would take a year or two off and enjoy the time I had left.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd definitely want to know.

If it's something treatable, I'd go and get the necessary treatment.

If it's terminal, I'd like to be able to do the things I've always put off that I've wanted to do, but money would still be holding me back.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I'd certainly want to know.

If I had the opportunity, I would like to be aware of every medical condition/illness/defect/anomaly of my body, no matter how serious or insignificant.

Whether it was a tumor or heart condition, or something as unimportant as how efficient my stomach acid is at breaking down foods or the consistency and strength of my nail growth.
In short, I'd like to know the exact 'specifications' of my body, inside and out, significant or otherwise.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd always want to know. If I had a terminal illness there are things that I would do differently that would permanently ruin my credit and such. If it was something contagious then obviously I'd want to protect other people. If it was something treatable then it's usually better to know earlier than later.

Oh hell yes! The more I know the more I can mitigate the effects or keep an eye out for treatments that may develop in the meantime. Don't screw with your health. An informed patient is the best patient.