Would You????

KandyLicker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would you break it off with someone who hung the phone up in your face?If they apologize would you accept their apology?

I am dealing with this same situation. I have a boyfriend who is mad because I got offened by the things he said and I hung up the phone. After, I apologized he had the nerve to tell me that we should remain friends and he had to "THINK" about getting back together and we should remain friends.:redface:

ONB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Would you break it off with someone who hung the phone up in your face?If they apologize would you accept their apology?

I am dealing with this same situation. I have a boyfriend who is mad because I got offened by the things he said and I hung up the phone. After, I apologized he had the nerve to tell me that we should remain friends and he had to "THINK" about getting back together and we should remain friends.:redface:
no, i wouldn't break up with someone over that. but i think there is more going on than just the hangup. i think you two need a face-to-face conversation where you can find out what is really wrong. good luck kandy :wink:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do you hang up the phone in someone's face? If you can see their face why are you even talking on the phone?

To seriously address what I think you're asking though.... unless the relationship were pretty fragile and meaningless and I had not invested anything in it.... a simple hang up, while rude, is certainly a forgiveable offense.

dexman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While I don't see this as being a deal breaker in an otherwise healthy and loving relationship, it is NOT a good thing to do to anyone, least of all your partner. I have only done it to rude strangers, unwanted telemarketers, or people I otherwise thoroughly dislike.

What might be a better way of handling a situation like that on the phone would be to say, as calmly as possible, that you're going to hang up the phone because you cannot continue the discussion, and when you've both calmed down a bit you can talk some more. If, after doing that (and certainly offering an apology later), your other half is not able to let go of it, then I might say this relationship was on shakey ground to begin with, and you both might be better off moving on.

KandyLicker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I don't see this as being a deal breaker in an otherwise healthy and loving relationship, it is NOT a good thing to do to anyone, least of all your partner. I have only done it to rude strangers, unwanted telemarketers, or people I otherwise thoroughly dislike.

What might be a better way of handling a situation like that on the phone would be to say, as calmly as possible, that you're going to hang up the phone because you cannot continue the discussion, and when you've both calmed down a bit you can talk some more. If, after doing that (and certainly offering an apology later), your other half is not able to let go of it, then I might say this relationship was on shakey ground to begin with, and you both might be better off moving on.

This is our first time having an argument. We got along fine up until this point.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No. TM and I both have tempers and have hung up on one another on more than one occasion (although it hasn't happened lately).

One time, we were arguing, he was on his cell phone, and when he went to hang up on me, he accidentally hit the number "3" instead.

I heard a beep, then I heard him joking with his friends for a while. It was actually so funny I stopped being mad. When I told him about it, he was amused, as well.

Now, sometimes, when we're in the heat of an argument and can't think of the next thing to say, we just shout "Three!!" at each other. :biggrin1:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

He is a smuck. Dump him.:smile:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media

Everyone has already said things similar to what I wish to say.
I would be upset but I wouldn't break up with them.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My ex used to live to fight. She would fight about ANYTHING! She would look for excuses to fight. She would call me at work to tell me she was angry about something tha tI had no idea about and then yell over the phone and hang up on me while I was at work. She would stop talking to me and be perfectly silent for days at a time. She would carry over fights not only over into the next day, but as long as it took, to win the fight. She would sit at home and drink from the time she woke up (ten or so) to the time I got home from work and completely unload her anger in a tirade all over me.

I walked in the door one day and said "You're getting a divorce.". I put everything I couldn't live without in the back of my truck and drove straight to my lawyer's office and filed within 48 hours.

The feeling of peace and justice and satisfaction I have from that is still fresh inside of me and fills my heart and spirit with hope and enthusiasm.

Life is so good.

Pfft, i've been hung up on before... usually when I am winning 'the argument' they are compelled to start. But generally, if I don't wanna hear them rant over dishonest views I just leave the phone connected and vacate.

I personally couldn't handle a know-it-all who thinks they're always right, even when they aren't... the kind that refuse to see any further than the idea that they are correct...

...BUT!

If they actually are always right (kinda like me!) well that's a totally different story :D