Wow, Mods, this is really beneath you.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Nick8, Mar 1, 2012.

1. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Whatever your real beef with HungJon is(oh, and anyone who's been reading knows what it is), to list this as the reason for his ban is not only disingenuous but insulting to anyone who actually pays attention on this site:
    Hung Jon - stolen pics in album claimed as his own

I happen to remember when this incident happened and I remember being dismayed. He's so genuinely hot that I couldn't imagine why he needed to put up a picture of someone other than himself. Nonetheless, he removed it immediately on being called out on it by a sharp-eyed member and then still went on to become a moderator. So to use that as the reason why he is now being banned is absurd. I would like someone to fess up and admit the real reason. He's a quisling, just like Mitchymo was, right? Just be real with us and you can put allllll the rumors and questions to rest. Sort of.

2. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Sorry, Countryguy, I hadn't seen that part of the thread. If I had I would certainly have taken a different tack in this one. But it certainly would have included a mention of the amazingly coincidental timing in this serendipitous "discovery". How much do you want to bet that if HungJon had kept his mouth shut it never would have come to light? Or, shall we say, been acted upon?

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Rob would have been well within his rights to ban Jon 'just because' - the ToS we all agree to is, and always has been, very clear about that.

I think there was probably an element of truth in what Jon was saying about the behind the scenes mod-workings - I also think he was presenting it with his own particular biased slant. Mainly though, I think fuck all people were reading it and even less people actually cared.

IOW: the shit she happens.

5. aninnymouse

Gold Member

The only thing that I don't like about the whole sordid affair was the fact that his signature was changed to "I lied to the members and the moderators of LPSG. For that, I was banned. See (the thread post) for more information.

In all honesty, I think that THAT is a little OTT. I mean, I can understand why he was banninated. Both the stolen pictures, and the issues with him as a moderator, topped off by his posts in that thread were just too much. However, to change his signature to that, IMO is a bit of overkill.

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I understand where you are coming from, but having been a mod, I sort of understand from their side too. A lot of modding is based on instinct. I have run across people before that I had a bad feeling about so I did some more research on them and discovered that maybe they were lying about their gender or using fake pics or something.

Given the way Hung Jon had been acting, I personally would be suspicious and do more research on him. Maybe that is what happened here, maybe not. But if someone joins the mod team, starts acting skeevy, gets discharged for not following the rules then tries repeatedly to convince the membership that the mod team and admins are corrupt, that would and should raise some white flags. Maybe it took him being devious for someone to take a closer look.

7. MickeyLee

Gold Member

a really big bucket of suck
    :frown:

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

Look, MB, we all know it's an autocracy around here and no special rights are to be expected on a privately owned site. HungJon was clearly going down a Mitchymo road when he threatened to expose behind-the-scene mod workings. Fine. But call it what it was. Don't pretend that "suddenly" there's a discovery of purloined pictures. That's the bullshit I can't take.

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

I have to admit I didn't see that but then I don't often read people's signatures.

10. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I get that too, Nick - the pics weren't 'suddenly' discovered - Rob went looking for a reason to ban him and found one that didn't necessitate the 'ban because I say so' clause of the ToS. That was what Rob chose to do. I would have done differently if I were him but I'm not.

The signature changing to put words in HungJon's mouth though is pretty fucking disgraceful. 'I was banned because...' - why not change it to 'this member was banned because...' or just leave the sig changing totally out of it. I mean what the fuck is the Mod Actions thread for? Why doesn't Rob stick his comment in there if he feels the need to comment?

Sig changing = childish. Bad call, Rob.

11. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

^^ This.

12. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hung Jon was going down a road that may have led to him divulging either publicaly or privately, information of a confidential nature. It could have been information on individuals or about the site. In fact he admitted talking about discussions inside the mod forum with friends and former moderators. His deception of the membership here through his recent posts, stolen photos and what went on behind the scene in the mod forums were definitely motivated by an ill intent. The stolen, copy-written photos are evidence of that deception and alone are reason enough for a ban.

The true sources of the photos in his album were unknown to us until yesterday. If they had been known earlier, he would have been banned earlier.

None of the things he wrote about in the "2 sets of rules" thread are remotely true in the time that I have been a mod. I do not have personal experience of the earlier years that there was a moderating team. But former mods who I believe to have upstanding characters (except for FlameBoy! :), have come forward to say that what Jon claimed to have experienced is not reflective of their time on the team.

Admins do NOT dictate mod actions, the only person with that power is RobE and I've never seen him do it. In fact he rarely joins the discussions. I laughed like hell when I read the statement that the mods are a rubber stamp for the admin's decisions. Jon was witness to a couple of heated discussions inside the forum and at first I was baffled by how he came to that conclusion. Until I realized that he was just making shit up and that he'd made up a whole lot of other stuff as well. Including an attractive persona apparently.

You are right, it is a whole big bucket of shit. But it is one that that member created and tipped over. Starting from before a was a mod, during the time he was on the team and subsequent to his being removed from the position.

13. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Flesh pile!!!

14. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Childish revenge perhaps.

I don't condone how he acted or what he did especially with the fake pics, but lowering yourself to the level that you find unsavory is hypocritical.

and the reason was not the fake pics, that was the excuse. Just be honest and tell us he attempted to disclose secrets about the Fortress of Solitude, and posted fake pictures.

#14 Mem, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'm not sure who changed Hung Jon's signature but I agree that it's a pretty immature thing to do. Completely unnecessary and solves nothing. I'm disappointed.

16. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

You seem honest and, FWIW, I'm going to believe you on this.

But I agree with the others that the change in Jon's signature is below the belt. I hope it's changed.

17. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

http://www.lpsg.org/288926-two-sets-of-rules-apparently-4.html#post3987556

Here is a link to see when and if it's changed.

If it's not changed it just a testament to how butt-hurt some people got over his comments.

#17 Mem, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  18. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Anyone who posts fake pics of themselves as a hot guy in order to be liked is vile.

19. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

Nick, how do we know that now?:confused:

20. bobg4400

Gold Member

Lol, He was obviously going to tell us Rob's secret identity is Clark Kent. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted