Wow, Mods, this is really beneath you.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think 'not' and I would like you to remove it or at very least change it so it becomes clear it is words you have put in his mouth.

As I said earlier - the Mod Actions thread is the current place to convey such a message to the membership. It's your prerogative to change that, obviously, but putting an 'I was a naughty boy' comment in someone's sig strikes me as a low and ungainly way of doing it.

This.

Especially because anyone who would care to look through his post history can see that his last few posts were extremely disruptive to the site, and he could easily have been banninated just for that.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For the record, I created the signature without any discussion with mods/admins. I'm not sure how I feel about it really, maybe it is something we should do going forward, maybe it is not..

I don't like it because it makes you, the Mod team and the site look bad. It's written in first person and is written like an apology. Don't stoop to his level.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem, you can second guess how things went down, but things are sometimes more complex than they appear and sometimes simpler. We gave him a second chance at being a regular member.

I wasn't second guessing, I was asking. If he was given a second chance that's the answer.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Baffling that the post-scripted "signature" in question is even for a moment considered anything less than a self-inflicted gash on the integrity of this site.

Juvenile. Amateurish. Petty.

Is there anyone, anywhere who doesn't say, "Take it away immediately!"?

No. There isn't.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The sig is the equivalent of the punishment given to lots of people that wear a sign around their neck stating something. It is not something they said, it is an explanation.

Think of it as those tales you hear of wives having their husbands wear a sign that says "i cheated on my wife" as a punishment. This is the exact same thing. It is not a statement from, but a statement ABOUT.

It is, as I keep saying, untoward. It is an imposed Scarlet Letter and beneath the dignity of the management of this site, as I see it.

Last edited:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For the record, I created the signature without any discussion with mods/admins.

Thanks for this, Rob. I appreciate the honest clarification. I still dislike the scarlet letter aspect of the signature change though and think it ought to come down. He's been banned for good reason and the membership all understands why.

Sorry Rob, but despite whatever reasons for mod removal / ban, the sig change is a VERY CHILDISH action on your part.

Do you want to set a bad example to the rest of the team you manage?

Surely the mod actions thread is enough to keep the public informed?

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, I can't imagine how they'd describe my bannings. If this is the new way to validate bannings to the membership. I have made a great decision to spend less time posting here.
Co-signing with you, MB, Nick, and SvT on this one.

There's a difference between an appropriate response to seriously breaking the rules, such as perm banning, and retaliation against an individual for the inconvenience of his/her statements or troubled tenure on the site, particulary in regard to altering personal member info.

It isn't just childish, it lacks professional restraint and has diminished my confidence in the site to take reasonable care with my data, even if I were to leave under a batshit-blaze of glory perm ban moment. Not saying HJ was crazy, but admit I was not a fan for reasons unrelated to this matter, however, the retaliatory one-off alteration of his sig, or of any future banned member's sig, feels wrong. It feels like revenge. Imo, there's nothing dignified about it.

Rob_E

Cherished Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The sig is the equivalent of the punishment given to lots of people that wear a sign around their neck stating something. It is not something they said, it is an explanation.

This is probably the closest to how I feel about it. I don't buy the argument that anyone with any sense at all would believe that he wrote the signature himself. Calling it a "scarlet letter" is, in my opinion, a bit dramatic. It is punative in that anyone reading any of HJ's former posts will become aware that he was a fraud. Not sure that is a bad thing, really.

That said, it is not consistent with the way that previous bannings have been handled. Moreover, I don't think it is something that we want to implement going forward. Therefore, it will be removed.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is probably the closest to how I feel about it. I don't buy the argument that anyone with any sense at all would believe that he wrote the signature himself. Calling it a "scarlet letter" is, in my opinion, a bit dramatic. It is punative in that anyone reading any of HJ's former posts will become aware that he was a fraud. Not sure that is a bad thing, really.

That said, it is not consistent with the way that previous bannings have been handled. Moreover, I don't think it is something that we want to implement going forward. Therefore, it will be removed.
to bad. i Actually LIKED it. I know i a in the minority here, but honestly, you fuck up as hard core as he did, and go a little off kilter...well, ya get what ya get. I would say that if they (he) are ever unbanned, then the sig would come down, but sometimes having a bit of fun/teaching a lesson/giving warnings to others is the way to go.

Of course I was the one who started a "guess what name so and so will se when they comeback" thread, so I might not be completely unbiased:biggrin1::tongue:

In that thread (which was in response to the ex members departing thread where he went bonkers so bad he was officially listed as reason for banning :suicide by moderator) my thought was, well fucker should not have spouted off the most vile and hateful things imaginable. Gets what he gets. I stipulated that if he returned via PROPER channels that the thread should be excised. Of course people whined about it and the thread was closed pending mod action (and what ever happened there? hmmmm...I gave it ample time and would like an official ruling:tongue: at the time a bunch of mods were on vacay and the site was lagging fierce, but what about now?) Now it would prob be against the rules of LPSG, though at te time it was not against the strict letter of the TOS. I was told my another member that it violated the Spirit of the LPSG TOS (bullshit) and behold it was all locked up.

Where was i going with this....?

Oh yeah, i don't see anything wrong with it, I feel it would save a ton of hassle and spare most of the "Why did...get banned threads", provide a good chuckle, and could be changed back to whatever, whenever said member came back.

If I ever get banned i posit something like "Banned for being an insufferably mouthy, whiny little bitch, and a rabble-rouser to boot!" for my sig!:biggrin1:

I would totally me fine with it!

As for the (now sadly gone) HJ altered sig? I thought it wasn't in poor taste, and was funny!

Probably a good thing I am not the site owner, LOL:lmao:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Baffling that the post-scripted "signature" in question is even for a moment considered anything less than a self-inflicted gash on the integrity of this site.

Juvenile. Amateurish. Petty.

Is there anyone, anywhere who doesn't say, "Take it away immediately!"?

No. There isn't.
Stop thinking you can speak for the rest of the members. Better still, stop trying to think.

Actually, I did. Frankly do not care. Not that I cared about this individual to begin with.

Flesh pile!!!
Where?

Never mind that shit. *reaches for a bottle of Mazola*

Who wants to go first?
Mazola? No way. I had a 6 week affair with a Mazella this brings back too many sad memories.

I wonder whatever happened to Pete......

I guess it's you, then. Unfold that sheet of plastic for me, will you?
Plastic? Oh no you don;t. Plastic is not the way I swing.

So who actually knows this HungJon? Is he a fat old bitter queen? I so wanted to believe in him. So perfect.

We may never know. Rumors will pile up and some will say he was 6'5" tall, a nicely muscled body with perfect features, others will say he was 4'7" and 390 pounds after a visit to the sweat box who bathed once every other year. I can't say it matters. I never even noticed him until this entire debacle began. If he'd just kept his yap shut he'd likely still be here.

Kotchanski is the administrator formally known as Aconitum formally known as Kotchanski!
You know this will start a conspiracy theory.:biggrin1:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You know this will start a conspiracy theory.:biggrin1:

You should have seen the trouble it caused when I closed the Kotchanski account (Well, Pecker closed it actually) and started the Aconitum... Two threads, one discussing the conspiracy, another had something to do with me having been eaten by dinosaurs.

So far, the change back has been less dramatic!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
An original account called Kotchanski, closed by Pecker so I could open a new account called Aconitum (without getting banned!) now merged into the previous account and renamed Kotchanski!

Could you say merged again? It makes me feel all tingly.:smile: