Wow, that was so racist!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

2. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

Ironic. A liberal would find this funny, however if a republican said it.......

That should get this thread on par.....

As for Catherine Tate, she isnt that funny. She is the left over of the Little Britain generation that found the same catchphrase funny week in and weekout. You guys should watch Mitchell and Webb look for some better, smarter comedy.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Wrong. This is an obvious sketch by a comedian. You already know it's a joke. Therefore it is approached as such. No liberal vs. conservative injections necessary.

Actually, it didn't.
    I found the skit to be humorous. Plus, considering the volatile nature of the board these days when it comes to issues surrounding race, I thought it would be a fun way to release some of the tension. There was no political discourse in the sketch or in my OP, so don't try to intervene with it now.

I'm nearly twice your age, and you're trying to tell me what "generation" of comedy is better and smarter? Now that IS funny. You sincerely don't want to judge my comedic tastes based on one link, dude. :rolleyes:

4. D_Andreas Sukov

Just ignore what i said.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Why? You posted it.
    I know you thought you were being funny, but why don't we leave that to the comedians? They're trained in this kind of work and their messages are usually not taken out of context.

6. Daisy

Gold Member

7. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

can somebody explain how this is racist?

#7 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The translator obviously doesn't know how to speak French, Spanish, Swedish, Italian or any of the languages represented by the seven clients in front of her. So, she mimics the sounds & mannerisms for what she thinks each language sounds like. This is all based on stereotypes as to how each language is heard by those who don't it.

It's obviously a racial joke. A rather silly one, but funny nevertheless.

9. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

It's not racial at at all, shes making fun of different nationalities (or more specificaly languages)not races. In addition she gives equal time to all of them. Not racial but i do agree it's funny

10. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So wait...
    If I ran up to a Chinese person right now and started saying, "ching-chong-ching-chong", squinting and bugging my eyes at random and asked them for a fortune cookie recipe, you wouldn't think that was racist? Are you kidding me? Trust me, if you did that in front of your boss right now to an Asian employee you'd either be reprimanded or fired. It is racist. Period.

The only reason why we all know this Catherine Tate skit is a joke and that she doesn't mean any harm is because it's a comedy sketch. Understand that things can be funny and racist at the same time. It's the reason why Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Carlos Mencina, Lisa Lapanelli or the mass majority of edgy comedians can get away with what they say on stage.

#10 B_VinylBoy, Apr 8, 2010
  11. D_Andreas Sukov

Bernard Manning was a comedian and alot of people are of the opinion he was very racist.

Although, ill admit he is somewhat of an exception.

12. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

Hey loser, stop trolling threads with childish word games. If you don't know the definition of a word, it's not the community's responsibility to teach you. If you don't know what the word 'racial' and its derivatives mean, then go look it up yourself, and leave the rest out of it... Furthermore, if you don't have anything constructive or interesting to add to a discussion, then how about shutting the fuck up and respecting the other participants? I mean seriously? You're sooo confused by the word 'racial' in this context that you just HAD to hijack the thread to find out what he meant?

Are you really that narcissistic, that you feel compelled to inject yourself into discussions where your only way of becoming actively involved is by making up some stupid bullshit about the meaning of the word 'racial', so that someone else will have to address you to correct your bullshit before the discussion can advance?

If you want attention so fucking bad, why don't you go start a thread in the appropriate subforum? Better yet, go put up a blog entry. You can title it, "I'm a fucking loser with no social skills"

#12 B_talltpaguy, Apr 8, 2010
  13. B_Mister Buildington

Hey talltpaguy. You seem a lot gayer than 10% to me.

14. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

^Getting a little flirty I see... You like looking at the big fat dick of mine, don't you?

Yeah sorry, but I'm not THAT gay or that desperate. *shudders*

15. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    At least he knows his gender. Can't say the same, can you?

and no, he won't fuck you either(My god, that list is growing)

16. StormfrontFL

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well to be fair, it is nice to look at. :wink: Can't fault him...her...him...her...um whatever gender it chooses today for looking.

17. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

this is meant for talltpaguy not vynl boy. here's something interesting for you douchebag...

www.cracked.com/article_16967_8-racist-words-you-use-every-day.html

#17 D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, of course... you quote me and then claim you're responding to someone else. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

19. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

nope, just nhit the wrong button dude. talltpa guy wanted me to post something interesting.

20. D_Ambrosius Cottonballs

D_Ambrosius Cottonballs Account Disabled

Hey Vinyl! You know you are in my studs list and I do like you a lot!

Actually it depends in how you look at things. This "racism" thing is more of mostly a problem in the U.S. I am Hispanic, I do have an accent and I find that joke pretty hilarious. It did not offend me in the least. I guess we are a more open minded culture. It all depends in the circumstances of the "offense" as to me in this case, it is just a joke, and a funny one. Almost a 100% of the times when an american try to speak in spanish to me, they murder the language and I can see they are trying to do their best. Should I feel offended? no, Why?

You would not do that in front of your boss to another employee.

I've done it! They have done it to me and it is ok when you have certain level of friendship.

The video clip is intended to be a joke, not a real life situation.

Take care handsome man!

Draft saved Draft deleted