Wow.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mindseye, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mindseye

Gold Member

Taking a break from national politics for a moment, this senatorial ad is just profound.

2. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I just shed a tear. Wow is the right word for it. The CPC is gonna gain a new seat in the senate!!!

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Easily one of the most intense commercials I've seen this year this political season.

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

wow indeed, what a touching message.

5. lvrboy24

Gold Member

Albums:
    Both Tom and Mark Udall are awesome candidates! Thanks for posting.

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Of course they are. They're LDS.

7. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    I haven't been watching much tv lately (I'm a Coloradan) but watching that gave me a cold chill. :sad:

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Sorry... great that this politician is supporting medical care for vets maimed by Politicians sending our sons and daughters into combat against a nation that nothing to do with 9/11.

But where was his concern when the military commissions act, Patriot act, and the war powers acts were passed?

What did he do to PREVENT our children from being killed for no good purpose?

Better still- what is he doing to STOP the war and keep MORE of our children's lives from being similarly destroyed?

I found this ad despicable... He wants us to vote for HIM because he voted for money to support medical care for wounded vets?

IS THIS HOW FAR WE HAVE FALLEN?... that the merest mean ration of human decency and responsibility for what our government has done is "good enough" reason to vote for a guy who can take the time to drum up some vet crippled by this idiotic war?

Sorry--- to me this was a cynical manipulation of a horror of war... and an even greater horror of republican efforts to privatize Vet's hospitals and the minimizing of care for our returning soldiers...

You're DAMN RIGHT that you political fucks are gonna give our returning vets EVERY DAMN THING THEY NEED...NO QUESTIONS ASKED...

Stop congratulating yourselves for doing the bare minimum of what conscience should dictate.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

Wow, that gave me a chill.

10. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Uhhh Phil... Tom Udall D-NM voted against the Authorization of Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002. He also voted for the bill (H CON RES 63) stating that Congress "disapproves" of the president's plan for 20,000 new troops in Iraq. Udall is one of the few anti-war congressmen in the house... are you confusing him with someone else?

#10 tripod, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I don't know anything about him...
    He's not my congressman...

And that's s good to know, that he opposed the war...... THAT is what he should have had in his ad...

But I found the co-opting of a wounded vet, for a political re-election ad, in bad taste.

He gets PAID as a congressmen... he's angling for folks to give him the job, again...

Sorry- tell me how you tried to stop the war...

Explain to me how you are gonna REVERSE the actions of this last administration...

Not what a great guy you are for voting to give injured vets medical care...

Or better yet, use your campaign funds to show this video al lover the nation when its time for congress to vote on getting us OUT of this war...

12. mindseye

Gold Member

Phil:

1. If you "don't know anything about him", you're not really in a qualified position to raise the smug objections you raised. If you only pay attention to your own congressman, you're incredibly underprepared to enter into this conversation, by a factor of about 434/435 ≈ 99.8%.
    2. Please, man -- paragraphs! You look like you are trying to write a novel on a stack of Post-its.

In crayon.

13. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you. I been trying to figure why his posts were so annoying to read and make no sense. He's been using a white crayon...

Oh wait here he comes...to use profanities for his arguments.

14. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

I don't need to know a guy's voting record to recognize a guy taking advantage of wounded vets for his OWN gain.

This was not an ad to whip up support for an agenda, nor a vote... it was an ad to GET RE-ELECTED...
    IT was not INFORMATIONAL- it did not seek to inform the US voter about the sad conditions, the horrors of war nor anything else--- it simply PLAYED on sympathy for wounded vets and tried to wring from some brain damaged youngster an "endorsement" for a politician... and on WHAT basis?

That he was willing to fund medical benefits for wounded vets? Wow! what a GUY!...

Sorry, folks... I am moved by the soldlers wounds and his plight..
    But the USE of his situation for the personal advantage of a guy who wants to stay in power and continue to get the perks of congress...

... that is cynical manipulation, and NOTHING more.

15. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That's alright... it's genius... reminds me Gilliam's 12 Monkeys and the script [sans my Bush throw in at the end]

Uh-huh.
    In the eighteenth century, no such thing, nada, nothing.!!!

No one ever imagined such a thing. No sane person, anyway.

Ah! Ah! Along comes this doctor, uh, uh, uh,

Semmelweis,
    Semmelweis.

Semmelweis comes along.

He's trying to convince people, well, other doctors mainly, that's there's these teeny tiny invisible bad things called germs that get into your body and make you sick.

Ah? He's trying to get doctors to wash their hands. What is this guy? Crazy?

Teeny, tiny, invisible?
    What do you call it?

Uh-uh, germs? Huh? What?????????????????????????????

Now, cut to the 20th century.

Last week, as a matter of fact, before I got dragged into this hellhole. I go in to order a burger in this fast food joint, and the guy drops it on the floor.

Jim, he picks it up, he wipes it off, he hands it to me like it's all OK. "What about the germs?" I say. He says, "I don't believe in germs.

Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps." Germs is just a plot they made up so they can sell you disinfectants and soaps."

Now he's crazy, right? See?See?See?See?See?See?See?

Ah! Ah! There's no right, there's no wrong, THERE'S ONLY POPULAR OPINION. ...and George Bush

http://www.emresururi.com/blogs/sururi/images/brad_pitt_12_monkeys.jpg

16. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

My posts are annoying and make no sense to YOU because you lack the critical mental facility to discern an argument.

Its why you imagine that my occasional use of a profantiy IS the argument, rather that recognizing the actual argument.

Its also why you are incapable of formulating an effective argument of your own, and instead fall back on the bumper sticker talking points you are fed by the people who do your thinking for you.

Sorry, folks- a cynical re-election ploy is a cynical re-election ploy... The politician is merely trying to get your sympathy for the wounded spill over into an associated sympathy for HIM.

TRY and realize when you are being played like a violin...

17. mindseye

Gold Member

And where do you get off on the notion that the disabled have no voice in a political campaign? You've let other endorsements go without comment, but let a person with a disability endorse Tom Udall, and suddenly it's exploitation.

Why don't our wounded veterans get to express their opinions as freely as you do? Why is the first amendment only for the able-bodied? I also support Tom Udall: does my support count more or less than his?

Draft saved Draft deleted