Wrecking The Us Postal Service To Win Relection

Jyaku

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
USPS recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and DC warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1294335077996851201

Hundreds of USPS mail sorting machines are being taken out of service, VICE and CNN report
According to internal documents obtained by VICE and CNN, the United States Postal Service is removing hundreds of high-volume mail-processing machines from facilities across the country ahead of election season. The Washington Post reports that the USPS recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and DC warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted.

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to SLOW DOWN Mail Sorting

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to Hobble Mail Sorting

Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars, being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster. USPS did not respond to a request for comment.

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities.

So if you don't get your mail on time.. you know who to blame. The whole idea behind it seems to be reducing the capacity to get absentee ballots counted.. so YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT!

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My concern is about the $25 billion (yes, BILLION!)price tag to support the mail-in ballot process. Can we afford this right now? Jeez-us, how much more spending can we take on? I think there are better ways to spend $25 billion (yes, BILLION!).

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My concern is about the $25 billion (yes, BILLION!)price tag to support the mail-in ballot process. Can we afford this right now? Jeez-us, how much more spending can we take on? I think there are better ways to spend $25 billion (yes, BILLION!).

First I doubt the figure is true. Second even if true it is less than Trump gave to farmers for one harvest when he fucked up the trade deal that stopped agriculture to China and Mexico. So, yes, we can afford it. If people are being asked to die to keep the service economy going, we damn well can afford 25 billion to make sure we have an election that does not kill people.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
D'you think the tactic is not to impede the election by mean like this per se but to throw enough confusion that the result could seem in doubt... or is it merely the gnashing and wailing of a narcissist who can't bare the prospect of losing?

I wonder if there'll be riots.

Anyways, off to fuck... if the world is gonna burn might as well get it in now :D

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First I doubt the figure is true. Second even if true it is less than Trump gave to farmers for one harvest when he fucked up the trade deal that stopped agriculture to China and Mexico. So, yes, we can afford it. If people are being asked to die to keep the service economy going, we damn well can afford 25 billion to make sure we have an election that does not kill people.

Twenty-five billion. Let me hear you say it. Twenty-five billion. Glad you seem to think that’s just a drop in the bucket to avoid in-person voting.

The 2020 fight over the Postal Service underscores its long-unaddressed challenges - Roll Call

Reactions: Gj816

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Twenty-five billion. Let me hear you say it. Twenty-five billion. Glad you seem to think that’s just a drop in the bucket to avoid in-person voting.

The 2020 fight over the Postal Service underscores its long-unaddressed challenges - Roll Call

You link proves my point. Thanks for that. It is a drop in the bucket compared to what has been pumped out the door in this administration - the wall, the golf trips, the money to Trump for fees to his properties all over the world. There is no limit to thr thievery and now they are crushing the right to vote.

And you're all in with it. Of course you are.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You link proves my point. Thanks for that. It is a drop in the bucket compared to what has been pumped out the door in this administration - the wall, the golf trips, the money to Trump for fees to his properties all over the world. There is no limit to thr thievery and now they are crushing the right to vote.

And you're all in with it. Of course you are.

More lies, huh? You’re on a roll these days.

Phantom253

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
USPS recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and DC warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1294335077996851201

Hundreds of USPS mail sorting machines are being taken out of service, VICE and CNN report
According to internal documents obtained by VICE and CNN, the United States Postal Service is removing hundreds of high-volume mail-processing machines from facilities across the country ahead of election season. The Washington Post reports that the USPS recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and DC warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted.

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to SLOW DOWN Mail Sorting

Internal USPS Documents Outline Plans to Hobble Mail Sorting

Multiple sources within the postal service told Motherboard they have personally witnessed the machines, which cost millions of dollars, being destroyed or thrown in the dumpster. USPS did not respond to a request for comment.

In May, the USPS planned to remove a total of 969 sorting machines out of the 4,926 it had in operation as of February for all types of letters and flat mail. The vast majority of them—746 out of 3,765 in use—were delivery bar code sorters (DBCS), the type that sort letters, postcards, ballots, marketing mail and other similarly sized pieces. But a subsequent document distributed to union officials in mid-June said 502 of those machines would be removed from facilities.

So if you don't get your mail on time.. you know who to blame. The whole idea behind it seems to be reducing the capacity to get absentee ballots counted.. so YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT!

Have you worked at the Postal Service? Do you have any idea where their operating capital (money) comes from? And with the economic slowdown worldwide due to the corona virus and companies that provide their own delivery service (Amazon), mail volume will certainly be affected. Disposing of old obsolete equipment is SOP, there are some DBCS machines that are close to 30 years old.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you worked at the Postal Service? Do you have any idea where their operating capital (money) comes from? And with the economic slowdown worldwide due to the corona virus and companies that provide their own delivery service (Amazon), mail volume will certainly be affected. Disposing of old obsolete equipment is SOP, there are some DBCS machines that are close to 30 years old.

Getting rid of mail sorting machines, regardless of age at the moment when mail volume will be most critical is moronic and stupid at its best, criminal at its most obvious. Congress offered all the help the USPS needed to get through this Trump caused crisis, just as it did for companies everywhere. Trump said no. 0. The problem is fat orange president, not a 30 year old machine that works fine.

Phantom253

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Getting rid of mail sorting machines, regardless of age at the moment when mail volume will be most critical is moronic and stupid at its best, criminal at its most obvious. Congress offered all the help the USPS needed to get through this Trump caused crisis, just as it did for companies everywhere. Trump said no. 0. The problem is fat orange president, not a 30 year old machine that works fine.

Alright, assuming that what you say is true, who's going to run these machines? You? And if it breaks down, are you able to fix it? The Postal Service has been reducing it's workforce for YEARS, and that includes machine operators and technicians. This is not an issue that popped up overnight, Postal management has been reducing their workforce at all levels for decades.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
Alright, assuming that what you say is true, who's going to run these machines? You? And if it breaks down, are you able to fix it? The Postal Service has been reducing it's workforce for YEARS, and that includes machine operators and technicians. This is not an issue that popped up overnight, Postal management has been reducing their workforce at all levels for decades.

It would be one thing if these machines were sitting unused do to a lack of operators or they are in fact broken and not being repaired due to a lack of technicians and/or required parts

We are supposed to "just believe" right at the time that mail volume will increase due to an uptick in absentee ballots some thing that Trump has made no secret he is against out of the blue his donor buddy orders that all these machines and lets assume that at LEAST half of them are serviceable or can be made serviceable by stealing operable parts from the other half and a shortage of operators is NOT the issue gets removed and then issues "warning" about how absentee ballots may not get delivered or returned on time.

The old saying

I was born at night but not LAST night

Phantom253

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It would be one thing if these machines were sitting unused do to a lack of operators or they are in fact broken and not being repaired due to a lack of technicians and/or required parts

We are supposed to "just believe" right at the time that mail volume will increase due to an uptick in absentee ballots some thing that Trump has made no secret he is against out of the blue his donor buddy orders that all these machines and lets assume that at LEAST half of them are serviceable or can be made serviceable by stealing operable parts from the other half and a shortage of operators is NOT the issue gets removed and then issues "warning" about how absentee ballots may not get delivered or returned on time.

The old saying

I was born at night but not LAST night

'It would be one thing if these machines were sitting unused do to a lack of operators or they are in fact broken and not being repaired due to a lack of technicians and/or required parts'

You nailed it

Reactions: Freddie53

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
'It would be one thing if these machines were sitting unused do to a lack of operators or they are in fact broken and not being repaired due to a lack of technicians and/or required parts'

You nailed it

But I HIGHLY DOUBT that is it

Just some "weird coincidence" That right when mail volume goes up due to a flood of absentee ballot application going out and being returned followed by actual ballots being out and returned, all something Trump DOES NOT WANT and FEARS the result of this all happens NOW not 6 months ago not 3 months ago NOW

Like I said

I was born---------------

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Actually it is an issue that was just created by Trump. The post office has managed the decline in mail since the internet was invented. By disrupting systems NOW it affects the nation. The post office also has the ability to hire when demand increases - they do it a Christmas time every year. They do it in the summer when vacation demand is high. Trump has been at was with the post office because of Jeff Bezos. Trump hates Bezos because he earned his money and built a company that dominates the world. Trump has lied for years and claimed the post office loses money on Amazon packages. That is false. In fact Amazon has added to the post office's sustainability. Every Sunday I see a postal truck delivering packages. Recently I recognized the driver that day as my local carrier and when she delivered at my house I asked her about Sunday. She said the truck I saw was full and running because of Amazon. That day, she said it was all Amazon. The volume is so much it justifies the overtime paid to deliver it. This is not one package, it is a truck load of packages, full. Trump also hates Bezos because he owns The Washington Post, which has been busy covering scandal, lies and corruption by Trump and his family and administration, so the attack on the post office is all about Trump, settling scores and saving his failing administration from massive criminal action.

The post office has always met its mandates to break even, except when Republicans imposed new and unrealistic burdens on it for the purpose of sinking it. Postal Service is not another business, it is a constitutional mandate for the government - a vital service, essential for a democracy to work. Given some of the aid that most other companies received to handle the virus downturn, the post office would be fine, but Trump has made it political - which is also a violation of the law.