Wrestlers wearing Protective Cups?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just saw this comment somewhere else, and just wondered if anyone knew of any wrestlers that wore cups during matches?

When I was in high school a guy wrestled without his cup and had a boner at the end of the match. The rest of the team didn’t take too kindly to that and he got beat up. Always wear your cup when wrestling!

I would think this would be extremely UNCOMFORTABLE!!, I've even heard that alot of Football players don't wear cups anymore.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just saw this comment somewhere else, and just wondered if anyone knew of any wrestlers that wore cups during matches?

When I was in high school a guy wrestled without his cup and had a boner at the end of the match. The rest of the team didn’t take too kindly to that and he got beat up. Always wear your cup when wrestling!

I would think this would be extremely UNCOMFORTABLE!!, I've even heard that alot of Football players don't wear cups anymore.

That is sad. But teenaged males are soooo homophobic. It is easy to get a boner when you are a teen.

Wearing a cup does have its benefits. But they are a bit uncomfortable with a boner.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
many of us didn't wear anything under our singlets.

Was there any particular reason that you didn't wear anything under your singlets?

Once saw a picture with a guy wearing tighty whities under his singlet, it was white and you could even read the brand name, on him it was a hot look, but in general I say it looks better to not have any undi lines, not sure what kind of lines a jock would leave, and I really doubt a jock or compression shorts (I hate comp shorts) would do much to contain/hide a wrestlers bulge anyways.

Does not wearing anything increase your chances of getting hard during a match?

One theory I heard on this was that the school was responsible for Laundering the Singlets and the guys didn't want to mess with laundering jocks or anything.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hardly anybody wears a jock any more. times have changed. I would think that lycra speedos might be better because they would stretch and wouldn't show briefs lines.

but then, I've never been a wrestler.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hardly anybody wears a jock any more. times have changed. I would think that lycra speedos might be better because they would stretch and wouldn't show briefs lines.

but then, I've never been a wrestler.

I did see something called a "wrestling brief" in a sports catalog once, it was basically a different name for a speedo I think, as they were definitely styled like speedos and not sure what the exact fabric composition was.

I just found a link:BRUTE WRESTLING BRIEFS

I think after seeing those, I might have to say that wearing nothing under is the way to go, as I'm sure an extra layer of nylon and lycra would just make a wrestler less mobile and even hotter and sweatier than they already are, as I know gyms are usually EXTREMELY warm during wrestling practice and meets.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Same stretch material has found on most Brute singlets: 88% Nylon / 12% Toughtex Lycra."

interesting note that those have an 88/12 mix whereas speedos are approx 78/22. I suppose that means less stretch in the wrestling trunks??

hoggindaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i wear a cup when i wrestle because one time as i had back control he spun and his knee smashed my nuts, and he pinned me as i was writhing in pain.

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Was there any particular reason that you didn't wear anything under your singlets?

Does not wearing anything increase your chances of getting hard during a match?

One theory I heard on this was that the school was responsible for Laundering the Singlets and the guys didn't want to mess with laundering jocks or anything.

I don't remember if there was any particular reason other than panty lines look lame.

It's pretty difficult to get hard during a match, your focus is elsewhere.

Our high school laundered everything for us, our match gear and our practice gear, they provided shirts, jocks, shorts, socks, and towels.

JockVamp

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Nobody wore cups in wrestling, ever, from watching local wrestling meets from multiple high schools throughout the years. Everybody wore briefs of some kind, jocks or nothing.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Surely the wrestlers, coaches, etc knew what was or wasn't visible to the spectators.
Was it discussed as part of the coaching?
Did wrestlers joke with each other about it?
Did other students tease them about it? Especially the well-hung or big-balled or great-assed guys?

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Surely the wrestlers, coaches, etc knew what was or wasn't visible to the spectators.
Was it discussed as part of the coaching?
Did wrestlers joke with each other about it?
Did other students tease them about it? Especially the well-hung or big-balled or great-assed guys?

I don't remember anyone getting teased. We all saw each other naked on a daily basis and the opposing team at the weigh-in, so whether our junk was visible during the match didn't really matter.

The girlfriend turn out was definitely higher than for the basketball team.

My girlfriend at the time did mention that the girls in the stands talked about the guys.

I was talking with a friend last weekend and she was a stats girl, just so she could check out the guys.