Writers? Unite!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi. Just wondering if anyone else writes? You seem like cool people. I know there are some quite introverted, introspective and intelligent people here. What do you all write? Why? Anyone published? Etc.

I write poetry, I try and write songs also. But that is harder...but I hear if you can write poetry you can write songs...but it doesn't seem to be happening for me (maybe I can't write either! lol). Plus I write mainly because its cathartic, which means a lot of the same shit. Although occasionally I'm inspired as opposed to depressed or something.

Anyway, speak/write up for yourselves! :smile:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cool! Same here...you do get a lot of so-so ones and then one good one I think that's how it works. Keep trying :smile:

If you're not protective of them, try putting some things up on Myspace. I have a nice little audience on there.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Cool! Same here...you do get a lot of so-so ones and then one good one I think that's how it works. Keep trying :smile:

If you're not protective of them, try putting some things up on Myspace. I have a nice little audience on there.
I'm actually working on a webcomic. It's been a thing I've wanted to do for nearly a decade!

I used to write erotica, but am retired. And when I was in uni I wrote a fair amount of short fiction. Nowadays, I write policies. :eek:
You swapped one kind of perversion for another?

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
I write, not as much as a few years ago, but every so often. I write short stories most of the time. The only thing I've had published though was psychology research I did. Far from creative...

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have some published work. Also used to write a column on a respected industry website.

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've written 6 plays. Mostly comedy. Produced in France (go figure)

Am working on a novel.

I say to ScaredLittleBoy: Write not to be admired. Write because it allows you to let it out!

Am not a big fan of poetry, but for many it is a cathartic experience.

Like those other things: "Dance like nobody's watching," write because it gives you a reason to get to know youself.

And if something comes of it, great! If not, know you are the heart and soul that put those words on paper!

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I write, for my eyes only. I keep a journal, write many, many songs, and write a lot of I guess what could be considered poetry, but I mostly view it as a running commentary. My writings don't rhyme, oftentimes they aren't nice, and I always refuse to allow people to see it.

I write in order to express myself in a manner I'm comfortable with. Very few people know me as a person, my true self lies written on pages of paper. I comment on my own life, discovering new intricacies about myself and society as I go along. It's my safe haven, where I can truly "let it out" so to speak. If I didn't write, I'm pretty sure I'd have had a nervous breakdown by now.

Epistasia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I write, but not what would be considered enjoyable to most readers. I write research papers for a few political journals. It's all analysis of statistical data, translating numbers into terms that "the-powers-that-be" can understand. It's really cool because it's the one way that I can incorporate field-research work with a creative (not fabricated) interpretation of trends (specifically voting trends) to influence some change of political climate.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have had poetry and some short stories published in English and German, in addition to plenty of more factual/analytic stuff in academic books in Germany, France, the UK, and the US.

Nothing is more pleasing than carefully crafting a piece of text so that a sub-editor can fuck it up by inserting some last-minute (erroneous) 'corrections' after I've already approved an earlier, supposedly 'final' proof version. *Bitter writers unite!!* :rolleyes:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh and to Louis: Yes it is good to be admired! I had some really nice comments about my work on Myspace (of all places) and I had the biggest smile for days. It's nice to be admired :smile:

I used to write short stories too, might take that up again. Anymore for anymore?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Because of my job, every once in a while I have the opportunity to contribute to my field by writing white papers, like on surveillange technology, global monitoring systems, cryptography, intrusion detection and so on.

As a fan of cyberpunk litterature, I've also dabbled in amateur dystopian science fiction, but I'm not as good as I want to be. I'm working on it, though.

I don't like poetry in general but I LOVE haikus, so every once in a while, I'll pull out a 5-7-5 out of my ass.

likey10

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am a musician and songwriter. As for the poetry-song connection, it was there for me. I started writing poetry first, then as I learned instruments, I started writing songs.

There have been a few poems that I wrote first and then made them into songs later on, but usually now the words and music comes together at the same time.