1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Writers? Unite!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_ScaredLittleBoy, May 22, 2007.

1. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Hi. Just wondering if anyone else writes? You seem like cool people. I know there are some quite introverted, introspective and intelligent people here. What do you all write? Why? Anyone published? Etc.

I write poetry, I try and write songs also. But that is harder...but I hear if you can write poetry you can write songs...but it doesn't seem to be happening for me (maybe I can't write either! lol). Plus I write mainly because its cathartic, which means a lot of the same shit. Although occasionally I'm inspired as opposed to depressed or something.

Anyway, speak/write up for yourselves! :smile:

2. D_Humper E Bogart

I've only written one poem that I would argue as "decent". I mainly do prose, although not to a professional standard or even close.

3. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Cool! Same here...you do get a lot of so-so ones and then one good one I think that's how it works. Keep trying :smile:

If you're not protective of them, try putting some things up on Myspace. I have a nice little audience on there.

4. rob_just_rob

rob_just_rob Member

I used to write erotica, but am retired. And when I was in uni I wrote a fair amount of short fiction. Nowadays, I write policies. :eek:

5. D_Humper E Bogart

I'm actually working on a webcomic. It's been a thing I've wanted to do for nearly a decade!

You swapped one kind of perversion for another?

6. B_Kshelby67

B_Kshelby67 Banned

I write, not as much as a few years ago, but every so often. I write short stories most of the time. The only thing I've had published though was psychology research I did. Far from creative...

7. monstro

monstro Member

I've written a couple of novels and am currently working on a new one!

8. rob_just_rob

rob_just_rob Member

Writing erotica isn't perverted.

9. SpoiledPrincess

SpoiledPrincess Active Member

I used to write, now I mainly edit friends work for publication

10. Blocko

Blocko Member

I have some published work. Also used to write a column on a respected industry website.

11. SpeedoGuy

SpeedoGuy Member

Albums:
    Much the same here. I've written several hundred pages of erotica.

12. LouisVauban

LouisVauban Member

Albums:
    I've written 6 plays. Mostly comedy. Produced in France (go figure)

Am working on a novel.

I say to ScaredLittleBoy: Write not to be admired. Write because it allows you to let it out!

Am not a big fan of poetry, but for many it is a cathartic experience.

Like those other things: "Dance like nobody's watching," write because it gives you a reason to get to know youself.

And if something comes of it, great! If not, know you are the heart and soul that put those words on paper!

13. D_Herin_Ghan

D_Herin_Ghan Account Disabled

I write, for my eyes only. I keep a journal, write many, many songs, and write a lot of I guess what could be considered poetry, but I mostly view it as a running commentary. My writings don't rhyme, oftentimes they aren't nice, and I always refuse to allow people to see it.

I write in order to express myself in a manner I'm comfortable with. Very few people know me as a person, my true self lies written on pages of paper. I comment on my own life, discovering new intricacies about myself and society as I go along. It's my safe haven, where I can truly "let it out" so to speak. If I didn't write, I'm pretty sure I'd have had a nervous breakdown by now.

14. crescendo69

Gold Member

Ripened blackberries
    on a sweaty summer day
    wait in the chiggers

My haiku

15. biguy2738

biguy2738 Member

Albums:
    I write poetry, one poem has been published in the UK...busy working on my manuscript.

16. Epistasia

Epistasia Member

Albums:
    I write, but not what would be considered enjoyable to most readers. I write research papers for a few political journals. It's all analysis of statistical data, translating numbers into terms that "the-powers-that-be" can understand. It's really cool because it's the one way that I can incorporate field-research work with a creative (not fabricated) interpretation of trends (specifically voting trends) to influence some change of political climate.

17. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

I have had poetry and some short stories published in English and German, in addition to plenty of more factual/analytic stuff in academic books in Germany, France, the UK, and the US.

Nothing is more pleasing than carefully crafting a piece of text so that a sub-editor can fuck it up by inserting some last-minute (erroneous) 'corrections' after I've already approved an earlier, supposedly 'final' proof version. *Bitter writers unite!!* :rolleyes:

18. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Oh and to Louis: Yes it is good to be admired! I had some really nice comments about my work on Myspace (of all places) and I had the biggest smile for days. It's nice to be admired :smile:

I used to write short stories too, might take that up again. Anymore for anymore?

19. burns1de

burns1de Member

Because of my job, every once in a while I have the opportunity to contribute to my field by writing white papers, like on surveillange technology, global monitoring systems, cryptography, intrusion detection and so on.

As a fan of cyberpunk litterature, I've also dabbled in amateur dystopian science fiction, but I'm not as good as I want to be. I'm working on it, though.

I don't like poetry in general but I LOVE haikus, so every once in a while, I'll pull out a 5-7-5 out of my ass.

20. likey10

Awaiting Confirmation

I am a musician and songwriter. As for the poetry-song connection, it was there for me. I started writing poetry first, then as I learned instruments, I started writing songs.

There have been a few poems that I wrote first and then made them into songs later on, but usually now the words and music comes together at the same time.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice