[WTF?] Balla Powder: Scented Scrotum Talc for Men

proudtoberobot

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saw this via BoingBoing today: Balla Powder: Scented Scrotum Talc for Men

$15 gets you 3.5 oz. of the stuff, but whatever happened to Arm and Hammer? Admittedly I tried that once, wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped, but I thought a lot of guys use that anyways.

The product description is good for laughs:

Balla Powder for Men is the ideal anti-chafing and anti-wetness solution for clammy sacks. Guaranteed to prevent the dreaded "bat wing" syndrome, Balla Powder for Men is lightly scented with a masculine fragrance, for anyone else who plans to work in your close quarters. Can be sprinkled into your fudgies for all-day-long comfort and dryness. A fabulous post-workout treatment, Balla Powder for Men can also be used between your cheeks, as well as on fetid feet and aromatic armpits.

Does anyone know what the hell "bat wing syndrome" is?

It's your scrotum sticking to your thighs. I just use regular Gold Bond. Works fine for me.

proudtoberobot

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, that's not what I thought it meant at all. I thought it had something to do with Batman and that fighting crime in a rubber suit all day.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bat wing syndrome or Tinea Cruris

(warning, the pic is a little gross)

This may be more sharing than people want from me, but a couple of years ago I had exactly what is shown in that picture. The tinea cruris was a nuisance but tolerable. The anti-fungal cream would relieve the discomfort in a day or two, and clear up the rash in a couple of weeks. The problem was that it kept coming back. After trying many different things, I switched from corn starch powder to talcum powder, and the rash hasn't returned since. But it's only been a few months since my last outbreak, so every time I feel a little bit itchy down there, I wonder if it's coming back again.

The intertrigo, on the other hand, was excruciating. It felt like I'd spilled acid on my inner thighs. My underwear felt like it was made out of sandpaper, and I had to wear it inside out because my skin was so sensitive the stitching felt like hot razor wire cutting into me. Even walking a short distance was intolerably painful, so doing routine tasks (e.g., going grocery shopping) became an ordeal, and it pretty much became impossible to go out and have fun. The dermatologist I was seeing could offer me nothing for the pain. Every time that rash started to clear up, something would make it flare up again. It took over a year to get rid of, and my dermatologist warned that the inflammatory cells would still be present for a couple of years after the rash was gone, and could be triggered at any time during that long healing period.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bat wing syndrome or
Tinea Cruris
(warning, the pic is a little gross)
Ick! :yuck: So what causes that?

Saw this via BoingBoing today: Balla Powder: Scented Scrotum Talc for Men $15 gets you 3.5 oz. of the stuff, but whatever happened to Arm and Hammer? Admittedly I tried that once, wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped, but I thought a lot of guys use that anyways. The product description is good for laughs:
Does anyone know what the hell "bat wing syndrome" is?
More importantly, where and what are the fudgies referred to in the advertisement.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ick! :yuck: So what causes that?

The rash in the crotch area is more commonly known as "jock itch" and is caused by the same fungus that causes athlete's foot and ringworm. It's similar to a yeast infection in women. The antifungal medications used to clear up the rash (e.g., Lotrimin, Lamisil) are similar to the medications used to treat a yeast infection (e.g., Gynelotrimin, Monistat).

The rash on the thighs, intertrigo, is basically just a chafing rash--like an adult version of diaper rash. Men are more prone to it than women because we have hairy legs. The friction of the hair and fabric against the skin, especially when you're sweaty from physical activity, or just hot humid weather, can trigger skin irritation. Once the skin becomes sensitized, any friction exacerbates the problem. My case got much worse than the picture. The skin on my inner thighs turned bright, almost fluourescent reddish-pink and...well, I won't gross you out any further. As I said earlier, the pain was excruciating. It was similar to the time I spilled boiling-hot water on myself, except when I burned myself a cool cloth and some burn ointment relieved the pain. Nothing relieved the pain of that rash.