Wtf Black People?!?!

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that who they choose to ask matters less than how the video is edited. Keep in mind that any video like this is going to be edited to make exactly the point that the filmmaker wants to make.

Very true once again friend. I still swear they go looking for the lowest intellect though. My Alpha brothers and I used to say we were going to buy a scanner, listen for crimes, go to the scene dressed just as scrubby as we could and wait for the reporters to talk to us so we could "get educated" on them. :biggrin1:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Very true once again friend. I still swear they go looking for the lowest intellect though. My Alpha brothers and I used to say we were going to buy a scanner, listen for crimes, go to the scene dressed just as scrubby as we could and wait for the reporters to talk to us so we could "get educated" on them. :biggrin1:

haha.. that's brilliant. =)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
To anyone who cant understand why a Black person might feel this way should do some reading. No other Race has been through what the Black race has. Sold as slaves, raped and murdered. This is still going today in the Sudan. Last time i looked 300 black people a day are being murdered. The lucky ones are just sold as slaves or raped. I also think we need to think before we post threads like this. Take a breath and start respecting eachother when it comes to race.
The world isnt all lilly white and never was. I feel shame being white and reading shit like this

That cuts both ways, and one finds oneself ashamed for "us", for something one among "us" says or does. But have no shame for yourself so long as you take people one on one, fairly, for who they are (and not what they are).

...Your reply, frankly, sounds as if you're more concerned about bad P.R. for blacks, and you're deflecting the truth. That only enables falsehoods to continue....

Not at all. If you check back far enough you'll find that I have not backed away from frank discussions here on this forum about the implications of racism, including black racism towards other races and towards each other for that matter.

My point is that a valid discussion of this can be had without the implications of the title of this thread which, as others here have also stated, suggest a blanket condemnation of black people as a whole for the views of those individuals in the video.

Even if the viewpoints expressed by some of those interviewed represent, as you suggest, an all too pervasive one among blacks (and I don't believe that they do - perhaps you have some statistical evidence to the contrary) that still doesn't justify the phrase "wtf black people?!?!"

Nor is it an attempt, as you suggest, at deflection of any (implied) truth OR concern for "bad P.R." (because that already exists aplenty).

On the contrary, the concern was that the implications (suggested by the title of the thread) were not accurate.

Perhaps it would have been better titled "wtf is with some black people?" Because then, perhaps, I could have added to the commentary (and on that I could write a book) instead of being offended by the seeming indictment of "black people" as a whole.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The problem with your point, friend, is that these views are too common among too many blacks. (You even said you have been resisting a number of expectations that are placed on blacks today to conform to a cultish herd mentality.) The outlandish opinions in the video (granted, not all expressed in the video) are not anomalies. That's the problem. Seeing a white guy in a Klan outfit today would be an anomaly. Perhaps it was not fifty years ago, but in 2007, it is. Your reply, frankly, sounds as if you're more concerned about bad P.R. for blacks, and you're deflecting the truth. That only enables falsehoods to continue....

You most personally know alot of black people, and talk to them about relationships, in a non-judgemental way, for them to tell you their feelings, and for you to say with authority that "these viewws are too common among too many blacks"

In other words, you got any kind of statistics to back that assertion up?

Again, I don't even see this video as bad P.R., and I do find the ttitle a tad prejudiced, and I think the analogy of "wtf white people" with a video of a clan rally is pertinent, allthough, talking about interracial relationships is not as incideary as talking about lynching people.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You most personally know alot of black people, and talk to them about relationships, in a non-judgemental way, for them to tell you their feelings, and for you to say with authority that "these viewws are too common among too many blacks"

In other words, you got any kind of statistics to back that assertion up?

Again, I don't even see this video as bad P.R., and I do find the ttitle a tad prejudiced, and I think the analogy of "wtf white people" with a video of a clan rally is pertinent, allthough, talking about interracial relationships is not as incideary as talking about lynching people.

Thanks New End, well put. As a black man in an interracial marriage to a woman who has a family that loves me and vice versa, I consider myself very lucky. There is a great number of people in the black community who are dead set against the "mingling" of the races, but a great number of us understand how futile a belief that is as most of us have already had that mingling in our history somewhere and yes, it usually dates back to slavery.

The socio-economic and education level often plays a part in how interracial issues are viewed by members of the black community. NJQT and I just mentioned that our elders were upset at Spike Lee for exposing the intra-race racism that exists within the black community. That directly goes back to slavery and the emancipation.

At any rate, don't be to down on DJG, he's a good guy and his experience is different then yours or mine for that matter. Yeah, the title of the thread was a bit over the top, but it did get you to look and isn't that the outcome he wanted?

I have said this before and I'll say it again. To get someone to understand and start to learn, it is better served with compassion and an open mind rather than anger and a closed fist.

palmit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Did anyone read the comments about the video, how about WTF commenters?

gimmebone

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not at all. If you check back far enough you'll find that I have not backed away from frank discussions here on this forum about the implications of racism, including black racism towards other races and towards each other for that matter.

My point is that a valid discussion of this can be had without the implications of the title of this thread which, as others here have also stated, suggest a blanket condemnation of black people as a whole for the views of those individuals in the video.

Even if the viewpoints expressed by some of those interviewed represent, as you suggest, an all too pervasive one among blacks (and I don't believe that they do - perhaps you have some statistical evidence to the contrary) that still doesn't justify the phrase "wtf black people?!?!"

Nor is it an attempt, as you suggest, at deflection of any (implied) truth OR concern for "bad P.R." (because that already exists aplenty).

On the contrary, the concern was that the implications (suggested by the title of the thread) were not accurate.

Perhaps it would have been better titled "wtf is with some black people?" Because then, perhaps, I could have added to the commentary (and on that I could write a book) instead of being offended by the seeming indictment of "black people" as a whole.

Actually, I don't know what the statistics are. Perhaps the stats will prove me wrong, and I hope they do! I was speaking on my own personal experience--relatives from extended family (NOT immediate family), kids I grew up with, other black students in college, and blacks I work with today. The predominant view among these people in my experience was that they were against interracial marriage, and some made comments similar to the woman who said that she thinks of her grandmother getting raped. I also have acquaintances (family members of a close friend) who say they are not against interracial marriage and dating, but whenever they see an interracial couple, they always make insulting remarks about them. A cousin of mine says that interracial dating is ok, but that marriage is something different. I don't know what the stats of some poll would be.

If I made an inaccurate assumption about your rationale, I stand corrected. I guess we'll just have to leave things where they are! No hard feelings, but love to all.