WTF do you do for a living?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Right now, nothing. I am on disability due to Meniere's Disease.
In the past I have done Professional Development for teachers.
Taught labs on plastics engineering and polymer chemistry to grades 3-12.
Retail management
Curator of Education for a historical society
Food Service Management
Life Guard

Meg, you are hardly unemployed, you've got two full time jobs! You should be applauded.
I was thinking the same thing. She probably does more before 10 AM than I do all day.

Lawn Boy......trim bush, plant and fertilize.

I have a bush you can trim, plant; and fertilize. :wink:

I am a personal trainer in Puerto Rico. I specialize in clients who have HIV and are in need of improving their BMI. I also teach aerobics, step, and Zumba. I am a part time student and my hubby makes GOOD money.
That's cool, but what is Zumba?

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
IT Lackey (a.k.a. "Consultant"). I have a 20 pace, 30 second commute to the office and the dress code is underwear (optional). :cool:

I have a bush you can trim, plant; and fertilize.
LOL... I was wondering just how long it would take... :biggrin1:

www.zumba.com. I've always thought it looked like fun and a good workout, but it's definitely female dominated (or so it seems...). :frown1:

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
I am a real estate developer by eduacation. I went to McIntire School of Commerce at UVa and studied international business, and finance, with a minor in economics and architecture.

My masters was in development.

However, I am a portfolio manager for a hedge fund which trades commodities, futures, and options. We also invest in real estate development nationally an internationally, as well as certain structured products from various investment banks, and foreign bonds.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL... I was wondering just how long it would take...
:biggrin1:

It was too easy, I couldn't pass it up.

www.zumba.com. I've always thought it looked like fun and a good workout, but it's definitely female dominated (or so it seems...). :frown1:

Don't let that stop you if you are really inyerested in it! It looks like great exercise and fun. Unfortunately I am one of a handful of black women on the planet who can't dance. :redface:

Wrey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Zumba is a ton of fun! You do have to have a basic knowledge of latin dance steps (salsa, cha cha cha, mambo, etc.) to really get the most out of it.

Yes, all of the classes I give tend to be female dominated, but let me tell you, most of the guys in the gym would be hard pressed to keep up with the ladies when it comes to cardio. Every once in a while I get one of the younger guys come into a class to 'mac' on the ladies. They usually leave during the first break to go throw up in the gym bathroom. :biggrin1:

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It would be easier to tell you what I don't do for a living.

Truck driver, mechanic, and jack of all trades come closest. Maybe I should say "jack leg", probably not many would disagree...

njreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm a proofreader and part-time bartender.

I'm trained as a librarian, though. Anybody know of a good library system that's hiring?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...In the past I have done Professional Development for teachers.
Taught labs on plastics engineering and polymer chemistry to grades 3-12.
Retail management
Curator of Education for a historical society
Food Service Management
Life Guard
One meets the most amazing people on this site. This is why I love it here.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Temp worker scoring state mandated tests given to elementary through high school students.

Looking for a job as a computer programmer (PL/SQL programming, Oracle database). I'm also going to school to learn to be a tax preparer.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm a proofreader and part-time bartender...

I think that it's really popular to still retain some time in the service industry, particularly as a bartender, but also as a cocktail lounge server or something like that. I've been in that industry (serving) for about five years, always on the side while I've been going through school.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm an inkeeper.......I own an 8 room Bed and Breakfast in Provincetown Massachusetts
You cocksucker!:smile: I love P-town and have not been there in 20 years! I loved staying at the crows nest at the Watership inn. 2 guys who live in my town own an inn I think. All I can think of is Dr.Bob & Bob

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One meets the most amazing people on this site. This is why I love it here.
As do I. It's a great cross-section of humanity.
Not sure I'd describe myself as amazing, I'm more of a renaissance woman. :smile: A jack of all trades and master of some.