WTF is going on here?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Jul 26, 2007.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Did we drive away Onslow as well? Where the fuck is everyone going?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Gosh I hope not... Snoozan cleared out her gallery again as well... :(

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

So... LPD, ChicagoSam, Onslow, and Snoozan... four highly respected members of OUR community have left... because of the shit that this site has turned into. I've been thinking about leaving for a month or so now. This place sucks, to be quite honest. All people do is argue over stupid bullshit. I used to come to LPSG because it made me feel good... now I come here because it's part of "going through the motions" and as soon as I logon, I wonder why the fuck I even bothered. Just more posts of people thrashing each other.

4. viking1

Gold Member

It has gotten quite petty here lately. Sad...very sad, indeed, and all uncalled for.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I know... I've been bad lately... things will start looking up again when school starts.

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'm not talkin' about you... you haven't been causing near the amount of bullshit as other people.

7. RideRocket

Gold Member

Don't worry, it's the usual ebb and flow of the board. There's periods of drama, then no drama, and then drama again. Some members threaten to leave, some do, some come back as someone else, etc. It's just part of "As lpsg.org Turns" drama.

8. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I've never seen it even CLOSE to being this bad before, and I've heard several other members (who have been here longer) state that as well.

9. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:

I think distance softens. As we get further away from past drama, it seems less dramatic. It's been at least this bad before.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

11. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I hope things do get better. I'm not ready to leave but I have left other groups because of online bickering, most of which I was in the middle of.

I think the difference here is that I am not in the middle of any of the bickering here. I hope to keep it that way.

12. Matthew

Gold Member

Guys, things really do go in cycles here. It has absolutely been both this venomous and this troll-filled at times, but that passes. The key is that you have to be a part of making it better by what you contribute. Each one of us should really think about whether we are steering things in the direction we'd like to see them go, or dragging things further down with negativity.

I know that some of those people you mentioned will be back, Meg. And others that have left as well. I wouldn't still be here myself if I hadn't taken some time away.

13. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope all the above are true. I'm still new, but have been kind of surprised as some of the angry posts that come out of no where in the lightest of threads. I stayed away for a couple of days and came back just in case it was a bad week thing. I really enjoy this forum and find the people and posts intelligent, funny and interesting. I hope it gets better and that the experienced posters don't leave!!

14. agnslz

Gold Member

I certainly hope Onslow and Snoozan will be back. Those were two very wonderful and highly enjoyable people here. I'll miss them in their absence. Meg and NJQT, I would you miss you both as well, if you guys left. So please don't!:biggrin::smile:

Quite a few of the people who were the regular and popular posters when I first joined are no longer here. Sure, it's different without them here, and I miss almost all of them, but I can't say it enough that many new and wonderful people have joined in their absence, who provide me with just as much reason to like being here.

I suppose we can become attached to people and feel when they leave that the place is not the same, or even of lesser quality, without them. However, while I can't really argue about the place having a different feel without certain members, I do argue about it being of lesser quality without them.

I truly think that we've gained even more bright and wonderful posters than we've lost. At least in the time I've been a member of LPSG.

Having said that, I hope no more people who I truly enjoy will be leaving LPSG!:eek:

15. findfirefox

Gold Member

Quoted for Truthiness :cool:

16. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's good to know people will come back. I have enjoyed reading Onslow's posts and believe it would be a shame if he did quit.

p.s. Glad to see your corset picture back up. Beautiful face as well, but that corset is smokin'!

17. Principessa

Gold Member

Tee hee hee you said truthiness. :tongue: I like Steven Colbert. :biggrin1:

18. findfirefox

Gold Member

I like Jon better. :biggrin1:

19. Principessa

Gold Member

I like Stephen; but I LOVE John. As you can see I just changed my avatar to reflect that. :smile:

20. findfirefox

Gold Member

That is AWSOME! :biggrin1:

Via la Jon Stewart!

Indecision 2008!

Draft saved Draft deleted