WTF is going on here?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So... LPD, ChicagoSam, Onslow, and Snoozan... four highly respected members of OUR community have left... because of the shit that this site has turned into. I've been thinking about leaving for a month or so now. This place sucks, to be quite honest. All people do is argue over stupid bullshit. I used to come to LPSG because it made me feel good... now I come here because it's part of "going through the motions" and as soon as I logon, I wonder why the fuck I even bothered. Just more posts of people thrashing each other.

I agree with Altered, Matthew and Kotchanski. Things ebb and flow.

What's more, it is OUR responsibility as members to MAKE The board what we want it to be. We don't need Moderators to clean up messes for us. IF we collectively ignore shit we do not like, praise the things we want to see and post in a manner we want to see, things WILL become what we want them to.

It will be and is hard work. The board will not be what YOU want it to be unless YOU do things to make it that way.

See what you feel is a useless thread in ETC? Ignore it. Posting in it moves it to the top of the board and pushes better content off the screen.

See a troll? Do the Novice thing: Shout it out and tell everyone to ignore them.

See more interesting threads? Post in them and bump them to the top.

I admit that by hardly reading most of the board I miss out on 90% of the issues, which, for me, helps me stay here.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I admit that by hardly reading most of the board I miss out on 90% of the issues, which, for me, helps me stay here.

Ignorance is bliss? It works in that sense.

I know I've been cranky of late and I usually stay out of the petty feuds and namecalling (mostly because they're petty feuds and namecalling), but I must admit I couldn't had some fun in the recent Jeepers creepers inanity.

Maybe it's the weather, or, like obesity (allegedly) perhaps snarkiness is contagious.:rolleyes:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
So... LPD, ChicagoSam, Onslow, and Snoozan... four highly respected members of OUR community have left... because of the shit that this site has turned into. I've been thinking about leaving for a month or so now. This place sucks, to be quite honest. All people do is argue over stupid bullshit. I used to come to LPSG because it made me feel good... now I come here because it's part of "going through the motions" and as soon as I logon, I wonder why the fuck I even bothered. Just more posts of people thrashing each other.

I had no idea snoozan had left, I'm a bit sad about that. Onslow sent me a very lovely farewell PM (Onslow, on the off chance you're reading, thank you, the same to you, especially the bit about Brian Blessed).

I'm with you there Lex, if I do accidentally stumble into a thread that's got a fight going on I tend to just back out and not revisit, not always, but usually.

I've only really been here since the 'bullshit' started. I don't find it that hard to ignore - there are some great people here who I have a lot of fun posting with but I tend to stick to the trivial. I just don't see the point in getting all riled up here. There's enough of that IRL. Sure, issues need discussing, it's good to exchange opinions - I just have no idea why people feel the need to do it with venom, is it just because we aren't face to face? I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to someone's face. I'm not always respectful and I'm far too quick to curse, but that's no different from IRL either. I have no idea what my point is really, but maybe if we all behaved a bit more like we were sitting around a dinner table together and a bit less like we were 'safe' behind our screennames then things would pick up. Just a thought.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Snoozan hasn't left. I talked to her on the phone last night and she signed in a little later. It's 8AM Eastern, and I checked her profile. She was last here 41 minutes ago. Onslow was here yesterday. Lord Pendragon is out of the country on a two month vacation last I heard. Chicagosam violated the terms of service and was banned.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Snoozan hasn't left. I talked to her on the phone last night and she signed in a little later. It's 8AM Eastern, and I checked her profile. She was last here 41 minutes ago. Onslow was here yesterday. Lord Pendragon is out of the country on a two month vacation last I heard. Chicagosam violated the terms of service and was banned.

Well, I'm gald snoozan hasn't left. We know Sam was banned - he told me he was planning to leave anyway... Onslow said he was leaving, seems to have told a few people that. LPD is constantly here there and everywhere - but I'm not sure he'll be posting here again. I'd like to be proved wrong.

Full_Phil

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guys, things really do go in cycles here. It has absolutely been both this venomous and this troll-filled at times, but that passes. The key is that you have to be a part of making it better by what you contribute. Each one of us should really think about whether we are steering things in the direction we'd like to see them go, or dragging things further down with negativity.

I know that some of those people you mentioned will be back, Meg. And others that have left as well. I wouldn't still be here myself if I hadn't taken some time away.

A wise take! Although merely a part-time participant here, I lurked for some months and have already witnessed a couple of ebbs and flows. I've been involved with other boards that have been disrupted periodically by incoming scuds who/which lay evil eggs that hatch into rants that drive more than just the normal turnover of people away. Some, usually the most mature and wise, return and rebuild with new arrivals. These disruptions are normal and seem to be part of the process.

Those of you who choose to communicate off-board as well are the ones who really hold things together. The reasons for the board's existence are varied and not always the most noble, but most of them are both beguiling and necessary enough for a sufficient minority to persist and continue.

FWIW

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozan is busy trying to sell her house and she's swamped with pre-listing preparations. I chatted with her for a few hours last night. She's knee deep in painting and "caulking" (I told the silly bitch that it's "cocking") and will return once she has the gusto and time to post in her usual prolific fashion.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to say this while it's still in my system and then back out;
In the last three or four days, there has been more than one contributing factor that has probably evoked this hostility, and I believe it was a recent thread on which a poster gave an honest opinion on it and then was made to look like in my opinion villified for it, and then subsequently we antagonized the villifiers for bashing the original poster.

Then the mudslinging really started, getting the 1st amendment involved, and so on et cetera, et cetera.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...Then the mudslinging really started, getting the 1st amendment involved, and so on et cetera, et cetera.

That pretty much sounds like just about every thread in the past 2-3 months. And this BS of hiding behind "free speech" to unleash bad behaviour and idiocy is REALLY wearing thin.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm SO glad that I have no clue what all the fuss is about. Really.

People piss me off, I put them on ignore. If I can't ignore them physically, I do so mentally (since you still see threads started by people on your ignore list).

But some will say that membership is on the rise and that is a good thing, right?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Where is Madame Zora by the way? I didn't always agree with her but she always spoke intelligently unlike many here of late.
Zora has recently moved, and is not in a position at the moment to spend a lot of time online... but she's here occasionally. Give it some time, she'll be back. (I can barely wait!)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozan hasn't left. I talked to her on the phone last night and she signed in a little later.

You dirty boy! It was a good phone call too! I mean, I've never had it quite that way. Okay, fine, we talked about kids. And how wrong I was at him sounding like R. Lee Erme, which I will never, ever live down. He's got a lot more smooth and sexy than that.

It's 8AM Eastern, and I checked her profile. She was last here 41 minutes ago.
JFC, I was still in bed at that time! Please don't tell me that my 2 year old is surfing LPSG!!!! Dear lord!

I took down my gallery for two reasons-- the first is that those images that were up there are fer-realz legitimate work that I've done and I've been getting a little antsy having them up. The other is that I fully intend on taking a break from the day-to-day of the board, at least in public, and I just kinda feel like being in stealth mode for awhile and laying low.

I'm going into stealth mode a lot because I have a house to sell (I love me some caulk), a ceramic tile floor to lay, and a 10 day vacation to go on all in the next three weeks. I spend far too much time dicking around on the internent.

I also want to address the elephant in the room. The thing with deb and some of the other crap here lately was getting me too upset. There is no reason that I should let someone else's words or actions get me as negative as I've been lately. I take this on as wholly mine and I don't mean to comment on anyone else. This is about me and disengaging from my negative feelings, not anyone else. No one else here needs to deal with my Evil Cunt routine. Well, maybe Big Dreamer does, but he loves that shit.

So, it's an opportune time for me to hang out, lay low, and possibly, maybe, hopefully get something done before my agent shows up late next week. And we all need to shake up our routines a bit, right?

As well, I really need to spend some more time riding Big Dreamer's bulging cockmeat. You all have the mistaken impression that we're just friendz, and not Loverz.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I fucking hope she gets back soon. Since she left I've started using "fuck" far too much to compensate for her not being around.

I miss Zora :mad:

Knock it the fuck off, Kotch!!
NOW!!

I admit I was seriously thinking about withdrawing a bit as well.. then I thought 'fuck em if they cant take a joke'!
no seriously I decided its my board and what Lex said is right, its only what we make it. I choose the threads I want to read and/or reply to. The buck stops with me as far how much pleasure I get from coming here.:biggrin1: