WTF is this s***? Cops shoot dog... for resisting arrest?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_talltpaguy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

This is absolutely unconscionable...

Check out the story and video at the link...
    Dog shot and killed by cops, for... being a dog?

Two dipshit cops in Missouri, USA, who were obviously too stupid and lazy to do their jobs properly, decided the best thing to do was shoot this dog... TWICE, while it was held captive, because it wasn't fully cooperating with their efforts to capture it, put a noose around its throat and put it in a cage.

Hopefully, these two dipshits will soon meet one of two fates...

Either they will be fired...

Or preferably, the dog's owner will be permitted to sneak up on these cops and try to put a lasso around their throats, and if they resist, be permitted to shoot them in the head, the same as they did to this defenseless dog. F***ing cowardly redneck motherf***ers.

I'm sorry, my mom used to be a cop and my dad is still a cop, so I naturally have a great deal of respect for cops and the BS they go through on a daily basis... but I have absolutely zero respect for these two scumbags, and seriously hope they get brought up on charges and lose their jobs.

#1 B_talltpaguy, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Keep us posted if you hear that they were disciplined. Let's hope so.

3. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

And the real kicker of the story is, this dog did nothing more than 'growl' at a neighbor... Yet this supposedly 'vicious' dog was kind enough to let the neighbor tie it up while she called the cops...

So what was the result of the owner's pet getting loose and being shot and killed by some idiot cops? Two tickets and court costs totaling nearly $200, and a dead pet. Unf***ing believable.

More news on this...
    LaGrange dog owner vows to fight for law changes - Hannibal, MO - Hannibal Courier-Post

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good luck with that one. Corrupt Cops never have to answer for their actions.
    68 minutes went by?? Where's animal control that are trained to handle these types of situations? They couldn't call them??

Like the dipshit that gave me a ticket for Violating the basic speed law without clocking me... AND this is the same cop that does burnouts on friday nights on a busy street to please the crowd with his personal car....

#4 Rikter8, Jun 20, 2010
  5. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well after reading the article is seems the blame is more on the dog owner then the police. You can't own 5 dogs and not see that they are not a danger to your neighbors. That is how it is. To many stories around of young children mauled to death by dogs just like this.

6. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sorry, but you are WAY off base here.

If you understand dog behavior, it is plain to see that, that dog was not "aggresive" as they are trying to portray it. It ran from them the entire time. And not to even mention, they had it on a F'n pole already. That dog showed nothing but signs of fear at the hands of 2 ignorant and stupid people.

After having 20+ pitbulls, 2 of which, I put down for aggressive behavior, believe me, if that dog was aggressive, that mother would NOT have been able to put a chain on it.

The owner was responsible for the dog being loose. The owner was responsible for the fines and punishment of that and not having the dog registered.

Take the dog away from him. Put it in the pound and charge him for the expenses. You don't F'n shoot the dog!

Another BS "pitbull" story.

Oh, and like talltpaguy, I have family in law enforcement. I guarantee they would feel like the idiot that shot her should be disciplined.

#6 Countryguy63, Jun 20, 2010
  7. chevychas

chevychas New Member

they need to shott the fucking police,see how they feel it,fucking ass holes!i hate when fucking police they kille inocent poeple or animal,were is the law?

8. invisibleman

Gold Member

From the video, the police officer that is restraining the dog. Shot the dog twice: Once at 5:31 time marker and the second time at 6:08 in the video footage.

That is fucked up.

9. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Totally agreeing with you, but clarifying why "he" says that he shot it twice.

First was in the body, 2nd was in the head "so the dog didn't suffer" :rolleyes:

10. invisibleman

Gold Member

"The dog didn't suffer..."

Well, I guess shooting animals multiple times eliminates a whole lot of suffering. :smile:

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

This is f***ed up! I'm going to put on my favorite tee shirt and go rollerblading. It says..."Be nice to animals or I'm going to Kill you!"

12. invisibleman

Gold Member

"The owner was responsible for the dog being loose. The owner was responsible for the fines and punishment of that and not having the dog registered.

Take the dog away from him. Put it in the pound and charge him for the expenses. You don't F'n shoot the dog!
    "-Countryguy

I agree. The officer had a restraining extension pole. He probably could've waited for ANIMAL SERVICES. There was another officer there as well.

I don't believe that the dog was rabid. If the dog was rabid, I could understand putting it down would be necessary.

I believe that officer was wrong for killing the dog. Maybe the department should pay damages to the pet owner. (Probably firing the officer as well)

#12 invisibleman, Jun 20, 2010
  13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

If the officer reacted this way to a barking dog, then apparently he wasn't the brightest one to graduate from the Police Academy. Force him to go back through basic training or simply fire the guy. A hefty fine and/or jail time wouldn't hurt either.

There's no excuse for going to such extremes.

14. Incocknito

Gold Member

Are you sure its real? It could be a well trained dog. Then again the flight reaction of the dog the pole/officer would be hard to train.

Its just that when he shoots it the first time it doesn't look like a real shot to me...not that I really know what one looks like.

Also after the first shot the dog is wagging its tail. Its possible that at the time he pretended to fire the shot he said a command and the dog laid down.

Then perhaps the second shot he issued another command as well. That's working on the assumption that this is a viral video.

(Don't police car cameras usually have time/date stamps and audio?)

If its real then I think the officers should be shown the same mercy next time they get "aggressive".

Plus the dog did look like it was a pitbull type. They have a bad rep. Even though dog breed doesn't count for much next to proper leadership of your dog.

Thats a sad video, if its real, which I hope it isn't.

#14 Incocknito, Jun 20, 2010
  15. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The dog was wagging it's tail after the 1st shot, as a sign of surrender. Once a dog submits, it wags it's tail as a sign of subordinating.
    Watch a wolf/coyote, or wild dog documentary. When the Alpha dog pins another aggressively, it will start wagging it's tail to say "Ok, I give up, don't hurt me any further.

Unfortunately, it's all too real.

16. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    My dog growls at every MAN she see's. However she's not viscious, she just knows who to let near me and who needs a warning to stay away! Those cops should be punished, dogs are great animals.

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fucking idiot assholes. It's obvious to anyone who has spent time with dogs that this animal was neither vicious nor aggressive. Its behavior was completely submissive, and evasive when approached.

So this genius spends however long trying to get the dog on a catchpole, and then...? What was his plan of action? Why even approach with a pole if you don't have the enclosure prepared? It was obvious that once he did snare the animal, he had no goddamned clue what to do. He's the one who should have been put down.

Good show, Officer Doug Howell. The hillbillies of Lagrange can rest easy knowing you're on the job.

If you have time and are of a mind, make a couple polite phone calls expressing your disgust:

Lagrange City Hall: 573-655-4301
    Lagrange Police Dept.: 573-655-4611

Or drop the state attorney general a note:
    attorney.general@ago.mo.gov

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

The problem is that once a dog is identified as a pitbull, a mastiff, or a Rottweiler, or some similar breed, that they are automatically defined as "aggressive." Like the blog entry said, dogs vocalize for all kinds of reasons -- to alert masters to the presence of others, to get someone's attention, or to react if they sense that the other person is scared too. That dog didn't charge anyone or tear into any flesh. It was detained and kept trying to evade the two police goons until ultimately one got a noose AND two bullets into it.

I'm all for the cops getting disciplinary measures. The shooter should get fired, and his accomplice should get suspension, all on a count of letting irrational fear step in the way of doing their jobs. Or, hey, we could just slather the dudes in barbecue sauce and steak fat and let a pack of hungry mastiffs go after 'em in a locked cage. Chain optional, of course.

19. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    A perfect example of ineptness (if not outright cowardice) in the line of duty.

20. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

I read about this on another site... There's a longer version of the video out there that shows the cops easily calling the dog over, tying the dog to their squad car, petting it and so on...

So, the dog is supposedly 'vicious', yet it repeatedly lets people capture it, tie it up and pet it. Yeah, something isn't adding up here. These assholes need to get fricking suspended, and preferably brought up on animal abuse charges.

Draft saved Draft deleted