Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
caucaision=Caucasian
illeterates=illiterates
are fall=are or fall but not both
barley= barely
precludes and= precludes an

Thanks, Industrial. Although I, myself, am not "typo" free or forget to use a instead of an now and then (or the reverse), it's flaming obvious the "right is might" crowd and their conservative camp supporters seem to have a real problem with the English language.

I adore, however, the misspellings of Caucasin and illiterate. Those are precious gems!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. :smile:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't figure out whether you are misspelling and using poor grammar on purpose while writing about literacy, or if you are just a dumbass. But based on your previous posts, I'd say the latter.

Vinyl is correct. You should lick his gay black balls for defending your right to vote. You could not pass a literacy test if your life depended it.

C'mon, man. You're above this.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks, Industrial. Although I, myself, am not "typo" free or forget to use a instead of an now and then (or the reverse), it's flaming obvious the "right is might" crowd and their conservative camp supporters seem to have a real problem with the English language.

I adore, however, the misspellings of Caucasin and illiterate. Those are precious gems!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. :smile:

Does Midlifecrisis purposely set out to be an annoying douchebag or is this just an unfortunate convergence of power lines and harmful radiation?

Can someone step in and rename his handle something more appropriate like 'forum mosquito' or 'rash' which would be so much more suitable.

FYI some people type for speed and accuracy you glorified kindergarten teacher.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Starpoopster: Yup, some of us do type for speed and accuracy. You're definitely not one of them. Sorry, pathetic master of deflection, writing posts loaded with an obvious lack of knowledge how your so-called "native" language functions only belies your native ignorance. My 4th and 5th grade students quickly (and easily) learned the difference between affect and effect. And NO ONE makes the mistake of saying or writing "irregardless" when they are aware that it is a non-word. Look it up.

Starpimple, you are so dull that when you look in the mirror you can't recognize the letter L stamped on your forehead because it appears backward.

ATTENTION, NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT? CLEAN UP ON AISLE SEVEN!

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Big_E, do you have any idea how those "literacy" tests worked? They weren't "literacy tests" in the traditional/literal sense. They were constitutional "literacy" tests; someone from England (a native speaker of English) would fail miserably unless he knew the US Constitution pretty well.

They weren't "If you score above X, you can vote." After they were submitted, the tests were reviewed behind closed doors, and approval was arbitrary. So, if a man named black man scored a 100%, he could still be denied by the panel, and a white man who only got 25% could be approved.

Here is a link to a 1965 Alabama literacy test. A lot of it is pretty common knowledge, but there are some tricky questions in there I'm willing to wager not too many people know the answer to. And also, it didn't really matter too much what you got because of that whole behind-closed-doors panel approval process.

And as far as your comment about such a large portion of the black population voting for Obama, you're really overstating it. Democrats always carry the black vote by a huge amount; John Kerry got 88% of the black vote in 2004, and he's whiter than I am. (And I'm pretty damn white.) Washington DC, which is ~60% black, almost never gives more than 10% of the vote to Republican presidential candidates. Black people are just a demographic the Republicans stopped going after after Nixon's Souther Strategy. Also keep in mind that a pretty big portion of white people (43%) voted for Obama. Are you implying they're "illiterate" as well? Or that 62% of Asians voted for him? (And if we're operating off stereotypes, since you obviously are, they are the smartest ones out there, you know.)

Our national language is English. If you can't speak it or read it then you shouldn't be allowed to vote regardless of your race. The Democratic party wouldn't survive without it's illiterate constituants.

PS aisian literacy rates in the US are below that of caucaisans. No stereo types here just simple facts from the National Center for Education Statistics.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Our national language is English. If you can't speak it or read it then you shouldn't be allowed to vote regardless of your race. The Democratic party wouldn't survive without it's illiterate constituants.

You can't even type it. Please put your voter's registration form through a shredder and never return to a Politics thread again. :rolleyes:

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

PS aisian literacy rates in the US are below that of caucaisans. No stereo types here just simple facts from the National Center for Education Statistics.
English Only law didn't pass...even Reagan was against it.
Are you aware that if idiots like you had their way then Reagan, Bush, and Bush Jr. might not have been elected since a large number of Cuban voters supported them and a large number of those voters did not speak or read English.

Asian not aisian
Caucasians not caucaisans
stereotypes not stereo types

You're not very literate, are you?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
C'mon, man. You're above this.
Bull. If some guy is going on about how his fellow citizens should be required to pass a literacy test before being allowed to vote and yet can barely type out a coherent sentence, he deserves to be called out on his hypocrisy.

The whole notion of denying people the right to vote based on anything other than youth, is just un-American.

I really fear for the future of your country if people are so fearful, hateful, jealous, and uneducated that they are ready to throw principles out the window with no thought of what would be lost. It's sad really. People have died for those rights and principles, yet today's self-centred generations think of nothing but me me me.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really fear for the future of your country if people are so fearful, hateful, jealous, and uneducated that they are ready to throw principles out the window Because they lost an election. It's sad really. People have died for those rights and principles, yet today's self-centred generations think of nothing but me me me.
Fixed that for you.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No, it isn't. That's like saying the US is a Christian nation. The US doesn't have a "national language." English is the de facto "national" language, if you will, but there is no de jure national language. There is no legal requirement that one should speak English to live in or become a citizen of the US.

And while I'm at it, it's "constituents," not "constituants."

Experimental Member
Media
No, it isn't. That's like saying the US is a Christian nation. The US doesn't have a "national language." English is the de facto "national" language, if you will, but there is no de jure national language. There is no legal requirement that one should speak English to live in or become a citizen of the US.

And while I'm at it, it's "constituents," not "constituants."

thanks for the help with the spelling. this site insn't worth spell checking. there has been a bill out since 2005 that would make it so as should it be and 27 states have enacted it as such.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks for the help with the spelling. this site insn't worth spell checking. there has been a bill out since 2005 that would make it so as should be and 27 states have enacted it as such.
Do you just make things up????:
Many state legislatures have returned to session, including several where official English related measures have been introduced. As of Feb. 1, legislators in 16 states have introduced bills to make English the official language of the state or reduce government multilingualism.
Audiocast - State Legislative Update - Feb. 2, 2010

NOT ONE has enacted anything.

Experimental Member
Media
Do you just make things up????:
Many state legislatures have returned to session, including several where official English related measures have been introduced. As of Feb. 1, legislators in 16 states have introduced bills to make English the official language of the state or reduce government multilingualism.
Audiocast - State Legislative Update - Feb. 2, 2010

NOT ONE has enacted anything.

Wickapedia:
English is an official language in these states:[20]

English language status by State The only official language An official language No final action Oklahoma voters will decide whether to make English the official language of the state on November 2, 2010

Currently, all official documents in the U.S. are written in English, though some also have versions in other languages.[19] The United States

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks for the help with the spelling. this site insn't worth spell checking. there has been a bill out since 2005 that would make it so as should it be and 27 states have enacted it as such.
Still not the law of the land. Doesn't matter what some states do because Federal overrules. If English was the official language of the U.S. then wouldn't that mean that all ballots would be in English only? You probably wouldn't notice that because you most likely sign your name by marking an X.

Last edited: