Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What is this world coming to.... :rolleyes:

<link removed - minors>

Plenty of non-African Americans have been nominated for BET awards in the past including Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke.

The award show isn't about race... it's just the Black Entertainment Television Awards. It doesn't mean you have to be black to be nominated. :smile:

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Plenty of non-African Americans have been nominated for BET awards in the past including Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke.

The award show isn't about race... it's just the Black Entertainment Television Awards. It doesn't mean you have to be black to be nominated. :smile:
Dont compare j tim and robin sex soul thicke to justin teenybopper

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
that kid needs a hair cut and to realize he is white :lmao:

I don't listen to him, so don't know enough to comment on his talent, although have to assume that if he wasn't at least good, he wouldn't have gone so far.

However, why would anyone feel that someones color determines what they do? Should Darius Rucker realize he's black and stop putting out awesome Country songs?

For the record, I sure hope not! I didn't know who he was when I first heard his music but loved it, and that didn't change when I saw the video either.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
However, why would anyone feel that someones color determines what they do? Should Darius Rucker realize he's black and stop putting out awesome Country songs?

Or how about Cowboy Troy? He's black and does Country Rap. God, those two words look weird together. :confused: :biggrin1:

Alas, the main reason why I think many people don't think Justin Bieber doesn't deserve this nomination is because as a new singer on the R&B scene, which is primarily what the BET category caters to, he's not good. I can think of many other notable people deserving of the nod, although the others nominees don't really impress me either.

BET 2010 Awards - Best New Artist
Justin Bieber
Melanie Fiona
Nicki Minaj
Wale
Young Money

It certainly doesn't have to do with his skin color (or at least it shouldn't be a factor).

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Or how about Cowboy Troy? He's black and does Country Rap. God, those two words look weird together. :confused: :biggrin1:

Look weird, but sounds awesome :biggrin1:.

Yep forgot about Cowboy Troy, but mainly embarrassed that I forgot one of the most successful.... Charlie Pride :redface: