WTF? Virginity till the age of marriage?

lonesome_boy1980

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might have heard this before,
Not sure about other countries, but in Iran (my country) girls should not lose their virginity before getting married.
I mean the real husband should tear the hymen...
Bizzare right? What do you think?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not really strange.
there are plenty of religious people in europe and america who live by those rules too. i know christians who saved themselves for marriage.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's all to ensure that the children are his and only his. As if the woman is just a breeding animal in the farmyard. You would treat livestock like this, and it is how women are treated in cultures where their worth is less than males.

It IS bizarre how many places on our planet where sex is only for breeding and pleasure from it, especially female pleasure, gets no respect.

D

deleted213967

Not sure about other countries, but in Iran (my country) girls should not lose their virginity before getting married.

We can restore her hymen, we have the technology.

Maia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why is that strange? People in poor communities can't afford to have random children, so people are taught not to have sex until marriage. They don't get married until they can afford to.
It is much less of an issue to the upper classes (even in the Middle East) where it is mainly a family reputation concern. It also isn't considered honorable for young men to have sex outside of marriage. They get women pregnant and then abandon them because they can't afford children and they may not even like the woman they got pregnant.
It is not merely about who gets to tear the hymen...

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really do not see an issue here. It boils down to different cultures. There's no rights or wrongs just differences. :wink:

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yea, that's not strange at all. A lot of my christian friends are like that. I personally really like the idea of not having sex until marriage because it makes it much more special yada yada and plus you don't have to worry about any diseases whatsoever if you and your wife/husband have waited. Even though I really like the idea, I couldn't follow it....i was way to curious!

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I think it's kind of misogynistic to speak of sex as only tearing a hymen. Rude.

lonesome_boy1980

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's kind of misogynistic to speak of sex as only tearing a hymen. Rude.

No,
I was just trying to make a better contrast between the first real sex and the upcomings. The narrow line between a vigin and a non virgin, however I don't regard the one being virgin as the Faithful, and the one not being as unfaithful, there are other cases and factors....

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Dear Maia, it is still very sad to me. Mainly because it doesn't even work very well. Humans want to have sex so very much and are not taught ways to enjoy it that do not lead to babies. That means those who cannot control themselves end up making unwanted and unloved children, and those who can control themselves are at risk of hurting their minds and bodies by thwarting the body's urges.

Meanwhile all sorts of issues spring up about humans owning other humans, either symbolically, legally, or illegally, which could have been confined to bedroom games. Is it any wonder I don't want to meet you other members of my species in real life? We are all potential monsters.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
Personally, I do not see anything wrong with saving oneself for the future spouse. Nor do I see anything wrong with pre-marital sex. I'm sure that when the practice of self-preservation came into force there was a valid reason for it and I don't think that reason has changed over time but rather the people's mind.

Change takes time and is almost always painful. It is the people who live through the transition phase that suffer most.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Personally, I do not see anything wrong with saving oneself for the future spouse. Nor do I see anything wrong with pre-marital sex. I'm sure that when the practice of self-preservation came into force there was a valid reason for it and I don't think that reason has changed over time but rather the people's mind.

Change takes time and is almost always painful. It is the people who live through the transition phase that suffer most.
We're invading Iran now?

I don't see it so much as an outdated economic practice. Just because women can afford (or the taxpayers can pay) to breed a half dozen bastard children doesn't mean that they should!

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

For me, in the early 90's doing splits was popular. I could have easily broken mine then. Some girls may also need their hymen removed so that blood can flow through. Yup, that's right....it your period. For some their blood becomes backed up.....not good.

There are many myths and misunderstanding about "virginity." The best definition of a virgin is a woman who has never had sexual intercourse. In most cases, having intercourse does not change a woman's vagina. With very few exceptions, even a Doctor cannot tell whether or not a woman is a virgin by examining her vagina and pelvic organs.The "hymen" is a ring of tissue that surrounds the vaginal opening.

Almost all infant girls are born with an open hymen, which remains open throughout their lives. In fact only a VERY FEW female infants are born with an "intact" (imperforate) hymen, that is, the hymen actually covers the vaginal opening. But even in these cases, the hymen generally opens on its own before puberty. This is the source of many myths about virginity, and about how the penis must "break" the hymen of a virgin.

Fortunately, the intact (imperforate) hymen is extremely rare by the time a girl reaches puberty, and is considered an abnormality because it will not allow a normal menses. At menarche (when periods begin), menstrual fluid backs up behind the intact hymen and cannot flow out. This condition is very uncomfortable and requires a minor surgical procedure to open the hymen. So if you have normal menstrual flow, you have a normal, open, hymen.

This whole thing is a myth. Most Women already have broken hymen.
For a long time, it was believed that an intact hymen was evidence of a girl's virginity, as the hymen posed a barrier to sexual intercourse.

Girls who do have a hymen can break their hymen in a number of differerent ways, many times without even knowing it.

Some of the non-sexual ways in which a hymen will tear are:

1. Through an accident or injury.
2. Horseback riding, bicycling, high jumping, gymnastics or similar sports.
3. Insertion of finger or instrument by doctor during pelvic exam.
4. Tampon insertion.
etc..

We can restore her hymen, we have the technology.

yup....you're talking about this:
Hymenorrhaphy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and here's a doctor's center in NY tha does it:
New York City Hymenoplasty: also called Hymen repair & Hymen reconstruction, restores virginity. Manhattan, NYC cosmetic vaginal surgery: vaginal rejuvenation, vaginoplasty (vaginal tightening), labiaplasty (labia surgery). Ron Blatt, FACOG in Manhat

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was "torn" at a young age and then went wild with many partners.

However I can totally understand saving yourself for marriage - because that is so cool IMHO.