Wyoming GOP to married GLBT'ers: Fuck off.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All 10 Democrats voted against this measure. And still, there are those here who defend the GOP. Why? And how?

Sponsored By: Representative(s) Petersen, Brechtel, Buchanan, Gay, Hunt, Kroeker, Lubnau and Teeters and Senator(s) Geis, Hicks and Nutting

AN ACT relating to marriage; providing that marriages other than of a male and a female person are void; providing that marriages between more than two parties are void; specifying that Wyoming courts do not have jurisdiction over any domestic legal union involving parties who are not a male and a female person or where there are more than two parties to the contract; and providing for an effective date.

DexterMorgan

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
These people in Wyoming don't live in the real world....They still believe in all that cowboy nonsense....just remember, many states have counties bigger than the entire state of Wyoming....just, ignore them...pretty much everyone else does...

D_Peter_Parkit

Experimental Member
Media
i am a conservative gay male, this wasn't always the case but as i grew older and started actually being interested in and enjoying politics i came to realize a couple of issues are not enough to choose a party....do i wish a crop of more center leaning Republicans would step up and to break down some walls that the GOP stand behind...sure. Do I think that putting the country in the hands Democrats who may or may not legalize things like gay marriage and stop some of the state bans on gay adoption but simultaneously turn this country into a nanny state owned by the peoples republic of china is a good idea...Not so much...So I continue to support and defend the GOP

One more point I'd like to state is while i do respect President Obama for the fact he is the leader of the country....if u look back to the '08 campaign, John Mccain's stance on the gay marriage issue was almost the exact same as the President Obama. stating Mccain "I do not believe gay marriage should be legal. But I do believe that people ought to be able to enter into contracts, exchange powers of attorney, other ways that people who have relationships can enter into."
Maybe people should stop making this about parties but instead representatives of said parties

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
... Do I think that putting the country in the hands Democrats who may or may not legalize things like gay marriage and stop some of the state bans on gay adoption but simultaneously turn this country into a nanny state owned by the peoples republic of china is a good idea...Not so much...So I continue to support and defend the GOP...

Yeah... I guess one bullshit excuse for the inexplicable is just as good as another, eh.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
i am a conservative gay male, this wasn't always the case but as i grew older and started actually being interested in and enjoying politics i came to realize a couple of issues are not enough to choose a party....do i wish a crop of more center leaning Republicans would step up and to break down some walls that the GOP stand behind...sure. Do I think that putting the country in the hands Democrats who may or may not legalize things like gay marriage and stop some of the state bans on gay adoption but simultaneously turn this country into a nanny state owned by the peoples republic of china is a good idea...Not so much...So I continue to support and defend the GOP
Honestly, where do people come up with this ludicrous crap? Oh yeah, Fux "News" and rightwing radio. :rolleyes:

You've got a hell of a better chance getting equal LGBT rights from the Dems than you do from the Repugs.
If you don't realize that, you're at best an idiot, or worse self-loathing. But keep voting for a party that draws political lifeblood and thrives on making you a subhuman scapegoat for all the ills of society, and keep foolishly voting your pocketbook while the Repugs drive the economy off the cliff again, if that's what you really want.

One more point I'd like to state is while i do respect President Obama for the fact he is the leader of the country....if u look back to the '08 campaign, John Mccain's stance on the gay marriage issue was almost the exact same as the President Obama. stating Mccain "I do not believe gay marriage should be legal. But I do believe that people ought to be able to enter into contracts, exchange powers of attorney, other ways that people who have relationships can enter into."
Maybe people should stop making this about parties but instead representatives of said parties
Anybody can say anything on the campaign trail. The proof comes when the shit hits the fan and you have to make good on your promises. If you paid any attention at all to McCain's sputtering tantrums at the end of DADT, the repeal which Obama championed, pushed for, and miraculously achieved, you might see him in an entirely different light. But then, no doubt you saw it through the same self-absorbed rightwing media filter.

Nothing that you quoted McCain saying is anything two adults with any sort of relationship, or no relationship wouldn't be able to do legally anyway. The point is, couples shouldn't have to go through those legal hoops and spend their money on attorneys. It's a far cry from the 'civil unions' Obama favors, which would be pretty much equivalent to marriage, if not in name, and carry the same benefits and responsibilities including tax benefits.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cdg688 said:
if u look back to the '08 campaign, John Mccain's stance on the gay marriage issue was almost the exact same as the President Obama.

The key word here is "was".
And yet, notice McCain's actions during the repeal of DADT. Not only were they completely hypocritical and shameful, it displayed a rather vindictive and venomous approach to politics whereas if he didn't get what he wanted, civilians wouldn't get what they wanted regardless if it's the right thing or the more popular thing to do. You want to vote for a candidate that would operate in this manner just to go against what you believe all Democrats stand for? Go right ahead and oppress yourself... but don't take the rest of us with you. I for one was rather intrigued with McCain and how he stood up against Bush in 2000. But I'm glad that I didn't vote for him in 2008, because we wouldn't be a step closer to gay civil rights in this country if he was.

Advantage - Obama.

Last edited: