Xanadu on Broadway...OMFG!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Even though it was a pretty stupid movie, I still love it. There's was just something magical and fun about it, and I still like the music. "Magic" is my favorite, and it always cheers me up when I hear it in the grocery store.

I like all of the songs from that movie. "Don't Walk Away" was my favorite. It is too bad there aren't many women these days (maybe Beyonce took things to a different level. Hmmmm?) who can sing like Olivia Newton-John. I am a big Olivia Newton-John fan. I like the Electric Light Orchestra stuff too. The combination of her voice and the Jeff Lynne stuff is interesting to hear.

Man-thango

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm hearing good things about the show because they cut all but 5 lines and kept the music. They cut some of the roller skating stunts. In fact, one of the leads broke his leg before they even opened. Hopefully, I'll be checking it out next month. Invisible, I can't believe you got it for Xmas though I do catch myself listening to the Xanadu Megamix from time to time. All these so-called Divas suck, it's like they don't want to make a great sounding pop song that will stand the test of time. So instead they gravitate towards hip hop because the record companies say so. Have you checked out the new Amerie yet? Hall and Oates produced a track on there. Okay, enough of being off topic.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm hearing good things about the show because they cut all but 5 lines and kept the music. They cut some of the roller skating stunts. In fact, one of the leads broke his leg before they even opened. Hopefully, I'll be checking it out next month. Invisible, I can't believe you got it for Xmas though I do catch myself listening to the Xanadu Megamix from time to time. All these so-called Divas suck, it's like they don't want to make a great sounding pop song that will stand the test of time. So instead they gravitate towards hip hop because the record companies say so. Have you checked out the new Amerie yet? Hall and Oates produced a track on there. Okay, enough of being off topic.

Lucky beyotch...let me know how the show is. Maybe, they'll get all Cirque Du Soleil...and actually put it on DVD. :smile:

I did get the Xanadu soundtrack album that Christmas when I was a kid. I played the fucker to death. Hehehe. I haven't heard anything new from Amerie...except the track from the movie "HITCH"..."One Thing". That Rich Harrison pen. That fucker rocks. I found myself dancing and singing "One Thing". Maybe I could do a remix of "Dancin'" from Xanadu. And put Amerie singing "One Thing" inplace of Olivia's "Sweet Thing". That would be wicked.

Hall and Oates? Amerie? Ha! I hafta hear that one. :smile:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I found myself dancing and singing "One Thing".

This could be a great possible youtube video premier for you to take off your cloak of invisibility and shake your ass (Invisibleman has a J-Lo bubble butt... and could probably make it clap!)

Maybe I could do a remix of "Dancin'" from Xanadu. And put Amerie singing "One Thing" inplace of Olivia's "Sweet Thing". That would be wicked.

And after you're done with that mash-up, you could start on helping me mix "Electric Avenue" and Bananarama's "Venus" I don't think I am quite up to it! lol!!!!!!

Seriously... Xanadu is too awesome, Olivia Newton John is one of my "metrosexual" weaknesses (that makes no sense with me 'cause I live in the country, oh well... if the shoe fits...).

Magic is a song that can immediately take me back to my youth. "Suddenly" was with Cliff Richards? That brings me back to the "Young Ones"... although, I used to ROCK OUT to "It's So Funny" when I was like 7! Olivia Newton John was just too hot in those spandex pants at the end of Grease... I am pretty sure that seeing her in those pants pushed me straight into heterosexuality with no looking back... that was one of the first times I noticed women as sexual objects and I am still fucked because of it! lol!!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleman

1> I found myself dancing and singing "One Thing".

"This could be a great possible youtube video premier for you to take off your cloak of invisibility and shake your ass (Invisibleman has a J-Lo bubble butt... and could probably make it clap!)"--Poster

I have the J-Lo booty without J-Lo's hits. She is indeed sexy. She isn't invisible though. When you are invisible--you have mystique. The reason she has hits is that EVERYONE sees J-LO. She is easily hittable. :smile: She has Booty. Grace. Booty. Looks. Booty. Charm. Booty. Elegance. Booty. (Married to a hottie.) Oh, did I forget to mention J. Lo's booty? YouTube? I don't own a Camcorder. Shaking my ass? Are you trying to make me wreck shop in my room? :smile: Hehehe. --Invisibleman
2> Maybe I could do a remix of "Dancin'" from Xanadu. And put Amerie singing "One Thing" inplace of Olivia's "Sweet Thing". That would be wicked.

"And after you're done with that mash-up, you could start on helping me mix "Electric Avenue" and Bananarama's "Venus" I don't think I am quite up to it! lol!!!!!!"--Poster

I could do a mashup of Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue" and Bananarama's "Venus". But it wouldn't sound like either. I need to listen to them more.--Invisibleman

Seriously... Xanadu is too awesome, Olivia Newton John is one of my "metrosexual" weaknesses (that makes no sense with me 'cause I live in the country, oh well... if the shoe fits...).

Magic is a song that can immediately take me back to my youth. "Suddenly" was with Cliff Richards? That brings me back to the "Young Ones"... although, I used to ROCK OUT to "It's So Funny" when I was like 7! Olivia Newton John was just too hot in those spandex pants at the end of Grease... I am pretty sure that seeing her in those pants pushed me straight into heterosexuality with no looking back... that was one of the first times I noticed women as sexual objects and I am still fucked because of it! lol!!!!

Man, then you really cannot handle Olivia Newton-John's SOUL KISS album. "Physical" was physical. Olivia went sexy erotic in "SOUL KISS".
I like Olivia's singing. She is lucky to have done all that she has done. I am a fan.

Xanadu is pretty silly compared to what is out there now. I am happy to have been around when it was in the theaters.

You are lucky that Olivia pushed you into heterosexuality's arms. She didn't do that for me. That's unfair!!!:mad: :smile: