Xanadu Recap

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
as many of you know I'm a huge fan of XANADU. OK, probably it's the gayest thing ever, but that's the way I am.. :p
anyway, I was in my endless search for xanadu pics and memorabilia when I found this WONDERFUL recap review of the film.

IT'S so amazing that I'm still laughing OUT loud of delight. ALTHOUGH it puts the film in it's XANA-DON'T [and possibly deserved] position, the description of the whole movie is so MUCH fun that any good fan of it SHOULD read it!

ENJOY

Xanadu (1980) Recap @ the agony booth : Your home for hilariously detailed recaps of bad movies!

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Great article! I love the kitsch factor Xanadu offers, but it is a truly awful movie. The soundtrack is pretty sweet but the film itself is just so, so shitty!

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Great article! I love the kitsch factor Xanadu offers, but it is a truly awful movie. The soundtrack is pretty sweet but the film itself is just so, so shitty!

YES, but YOU have to love all the flare of the 80's, ancapsulated in this movie... EVERYTHING bad done during the 80's is there... in every possible way! :D

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got the movie on VHS. I have the soundtrack on vinyl. I also have XANADU on Broadway soundtrack on CD. I guess I am a fan. :biggrin1:

I wish I had FLASH GORDON on DVD and its motion picture soundtrack.

I have seen both movies when they came out on the silver screen. I guess that dates me. Hehehe. :smile:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got the movie on VHS. I have the soundtrack on vinyl. I also have XANADU on Broadway soundtrack on CD. I guess I am a fan. :biggrin1:

I wish I had FLASH GORDON on DVD and its motion picture soundtrack.

I have seen both movies when they came out on the silver screen. I guess that dates me. Hehehe. :smile:

Well, then it dates me too because I certainly remember seeing them both!

And sorry...but I don't really mind Xanadu...Ok, so it's the music I like. The rest of it is just craptastic!

But don't get too high and mighty about how bad it is..fuck, the recent Indiana Jones and Mummy sequels sucked sucked SUCKED way worse that Xanadu.

And that's sayin' sumthin'.

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess I was one of the few tha actually PAID to see Xanadu in the theatres when it came out b/c I'msuch a HUGE OLIVIS fan. If you had sen her interview w/Tom Snyder at the timeyou heard ALL the reasons she did such a dreadful ic...as it's been painted. I think it's great fun despite all the goings on behind the scenes. Two of a Kind was a much worse film. I saw it on Broadway and loved it..hell I only had to walk like 5 blocks to get there..lol!
Xanadu forever!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Okay..."gay thing" or not, I admit to once having the movie on vhs too - for the music.

I happen to like ELO and I recorded the movie from t.v. ages ago. Later I bought the album (and had others by ELO). The album was a rather unusual compilation that had ONJ's stuff on one side and ELO's on the other.

My daughter (who happens to be "magic") took a liking to the ONJ music and grew up singing the songs. Anyway, she bought me the CD version a couple of years ago to replace the album which was lost with a bunch of other stuff in the storm. (Unfortunately though it's missing some of what was on the album).

But yeah, the movie sucked big time.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wish people would stop associating CRAP stuff with the word GAY. Its not a Gay film its just a poorly made, badly acted piece of shit! Simple as.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wish people would stop associating CRAP stuff with the word GAY. Its not a Gay film its just a poorly made, badly acted piece of shit! Simple as.

YES, you're totally right, but it seems GAY people have an attraction towards this kid of 'bad' films, that gets them the 'gay' seal of approval...
apart from that, I have the notion that 'gay people' [counting MYSELF, obviously] are considered to have better taste, and are more tuned in with whats ON at the moment...

and as I said before, YEP, the movie sucks BIG time, but it's perfect on doing that, that 'sudenlly' it's GOOD! :D

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You just have to love that finale with Gene Kelly! BTW as an aside; his number dancing with Olivia was taped after the movie had wrapped!

YES, and on that specific scene you can see the camera reflected in the mirror. that's why there are 'sudenly' no more mirror during the whole scene.
and during the final act in the xanadu club lounge [what other way to say it..?] one of the roller skaters, while jumping to the sound of those whosshhhh and beam light sounds, CRASHES in an impressive way. there's just a glimpse of it, but it still makes me laugh! :D

p.s.: SORRY about the 'sudenly' joke... but I couldn't resist doing it...