XM Radio can suck my ass

dtownguy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm pretty pissed about it too. not that it matters though, because my portable reciever,, which used to pick it up at the gym, no longer ever gets any reception. think i'm going to switch to the slacker two

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if I recall, the new XM Serius lost $5m during the last quarter. Business experts say it's not going to last too much longer since it's losing subscribers. I listen to my FM stereo which doesn't cost me any money.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'll change my name to XM radio if it gets me what your offering jason, oh wait that doesn't say fuck my ass, never mind.

For sure. I've been a Howard fan and have grown to like a few other stations. I've rented plenty of rental cars with XM and I can honestly say that the music channels are pretty identical. The 90s stations, for example, have to consist of the same damn music. I see very little change other than pulling the top stations over to Sirius and freeing up bandwidth for more possibilities.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have XM or Sirius but I'd heard once that XM had stations that played TRUE indie rock (not the "modern rock" that is played in most areas on regular radio, that often gets repetitive and I've found that they still play a lot of the same music they've played for the past 15 years) and African music! Of course those are probably both gone now... More the reason to listen to college or community radio if you live in a market that has those kinds of stations.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ya gotta be an idiot to PAY for radio.

You pay for it, and once you are used to paying for it... they will start inserting commercials that you are paying to hear.

If you refuse to pay for it, then they will offer the shit for free and you will have to listen to commercials, but you won't have to pay for the privilege.

But, sirisously, paying for radio is such a bone head way to deal with media corporations.
One way or the other you WILL be getting commercials...just like with cable TV. Why not let the damn advertisers pay for the cost of broadcast?

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ya gotta be an idiot to PAY for radio.

You pay for it, and once you are used to paying for it... they will start inserting commercials that you are paying to hear.

If you refuse to pay for it, then they will offer the shit for free and you will have to listen to commercials, but you won't have to pay for the privilege.

But, sirisously, paying for radio is such a bone head way to deal with media corporations.
One way or the other you WILL be getting commercials...just like with cable TV. Why not let the damn advertisers pay for the cost of broadcast?

There are just more options. I mean who the fuck wants to hear the same Britney song every 30 mins?

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There are just more options. I mean who the fuck wants to hear the same Britney song every 30 mins?

agree...satellite radio is like cable tv - just WWAAAYYY more options. It's every radio genre on demand - whatever you like you can get anytime. It does suck that Sirius has a more mainstream approach and is squeezing out the original channels XM had. They did lose a lot of money last quarter but at the rate they're firing XM employees and putting their own programming in, they'll do alright:cool:

noone_home

1st Like
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chrome 83 Gone.
The Move 80 Gone.

Yup, sux!

I've had those and a few others of my favs dropped - and
personally miss LUNA too... only avail. online...

I just got an email a few days ago from XM to upgrade for
$5 per month to have both Sirius and XM... didn't know if
any of you guys saw that

WangerOver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But if sirius was losing so much money. Than does it make sense to drop the xm channels and replace them with ones from sirius?

XM was losing just as much money. It wasn't a big difference between the two.

BTW, BIG SIRIUS GUY :smile:
I can tell the changes on both sides have annoyed many. XM used to censor a lot more music stations and now SIRIUS is doing that and annoying the SIRIUS fans. No way to make changes without pissing people off I guess.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
But if sirius was losing so much money. Than does it make sense to drop the xm channels and replace them with ones from sirius?

XM was tanking worse at the time they inked the deal so Sirius came out "ON TOP" (so to speak) They're calling all the corporate shots...