Xtube downloading and saving

D_KXn7c3x

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any good FREE programs out there that will download the videos on Xtube? I looked and found a couple but they wanted you to buy them.

Any one know?

D_percypenguin

Account Disabled
Media
Using YouTube video as example, let’s see how could we save a copy of “Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?” from the Firefox cache folder:
Wait for the flash video loading completely, i.e. able to play MTV to the end

Open a new tab / window of Firefox and enter about:cache as an URL

Take note of the Firefox cache folder path specified in Cache Directory: and browse to this folder with Windows Explorer

If the Storage In Use greater than or approaching Maximum Storage Size, the video might not be cached completely or you’ll have to increase Maximum Storage Size and reload the MTV again.

To set Firefox cache folder maximum storage size, click Tools | Option… | Network | Cache
Sort the cached files by file size and try to open the biggest file with Storm Codec-MPC or FlV Player. (The biggest file is likely to be the cached YouTube video)

OK. If you want to know what those files in the Firefox cache folder exactly are, here we go:
While in the about:cache page, click the List Cache Entries link of the Disk cache device section

Press CTRL + F to search for Key: (URL) with the get_video keyword and also with the biggest Data Size: (YouTube doesn’t cache the flash video in FLV extension. For other flash video hosting site, you may save time by trying to search for .FLV extension).

Right-click the URL and select the Open Link In New Tab and refer to the File on Disk:

P/S: There are many Firefox plugins available to save flash video. However, if you’re not regularly download flash video, then it’s worth to know how to do it manually. Running too many plugins might slow down the Firefox or overall PC performance too :)

or in opera type opera:about in the adress bar and see where the cache folder is, go there and get the biggest file there

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any good FREE programs out there that will download the videos on Xtube? I looked and found a couple but they wanted you to buy them.

Any one know?

Seems like a lot of people just use their email programs:

"Love your vids, they're so hot! Can you please email them to me so I can share them with my web-group in the Lesser Antilles. Those folks are on restricted servers there, so this is the only way they'll be able to see this hotness......."

:wink::rolleyes:

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the "DownloadHelper" addon for firefox will do that.

The easiest fastest I found was FlashGot addon/plugin for Firefox..
It will capture .flv from nearly any sight ( it operates w/o DLHelper noted)

Now trying to find as good equiv. simple plugin for use on IE7 ..
not FlashGET -with a known trojan embed

Respects to sneaky117's detail for manual DL .. if you have the time.

Also found VLC player .. handles anything with its own builtin codecs :tongue: