Y do Gay men have RACIAL HANGUPS?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
this has become very funny, alot of this has nothing to do with my question. and it seems to have offended more than just answer my question. I don't know how White Chicks became the topic. start a topic of your own rants.
Welcome to the Internet.

People have answered your question though it seems.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
delivered with such elequance!
you have a real skill with explaining yourself and portraying a balanced argument.recieving half-assed insults from a 50 year old high-school drop-out is quite funny

What in hell is happening to decorem? This kind of insult is outrageous and you should realize that thediscobiscuit! What you have just said is completely unrelated to topic and is terribly offensive! What was said about you was at least germane to the subject matter under discussion!
You must realize you owe her an apology for your lapse in decency???????

Media
It's not an insult if it's true.
Unlike any of the posts you've made in this thread.
I have a degree,do you?
C.B.:saevil:

I have a diploma, fuckstick!
So calling me an idiot wasn't true and therefore IS an insult. (a pretty poor excuse for one)

I could eat alphabetti spaghetti and shit out a more intelligent insult that that.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i do also agree with ibreak. because i've also seen that kinda stuff on other profiles about liking certain races only, and i can understand their desire and they dont want to waste time, it's unfortunate...but you cant blame them for what they find attractive! :biggrin1:

Well, for a first post, it was a good post ! Let's say that you do prefer white..it is a lot more acceptable to most of us if you state that as a preference and not as an exclusion! White only is offensive, prefer sex with white is much less so! Another way to avoid offending unnecessarily is to be ambiguous in the profile, but sort out the preferences during the messaging mating ritual! No one needs to offend in their profile any more than is necessary to get what they want!:smile:

ramwella

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To ibreak4large:

No hate or disrespect from me here, but in starting this thread you irresponsibly and unfairly pointed an accusing finger to a general group of people-- gay men. Before pointing fingers and casting gross generalities, I think it is important for each person to evaluate their personal inventory. For instance:

I thought your thread title was very ironic, b/c if you primarily look to date outside of your race, then you, too, also have a "racial hang-up". That is to say (in the most positive sense), you also place race as a premium to whom you prefer to date-- and not to date. How is that different from the people you're complaining about? Your approach may be more tactful than theirs, but the intent and expected outcomes are exactly the same-- all of you prefer to select dates from a segregated population.

In another post you state that you "like the contrasts in skin colours". Well, there are plenty of very light-skinned Black men that could create that same color contrast. Plus, in your personal profile you say I'm Black and love ALL other nationalities. Why include the word "other". Shouldn't it just say "I'm Black-- and love all nationalities"? A Freudian therapist may suggest a degree of self-loathing is evident in your statement.

As a bi-racial, bi-sexual person who has lived with the issues and -isms of race and culture all of my life, I would like to give you some big-brotherly advice:

Stop giving power to people who are powerless in your life!
Stop trying to prove yourself "worthy" to people who do not merit your time and energy!

Why would you even consider online dating sites that allow people to post "If you're Black, don't waste my time or yours"?! It smacks of Jim Crow laws: "Blacks need not apply". There are websites that would never allow such statements to be posted! Why would you subject yourself to that degradation? Man, what role are you playing in your own victimization?!

The bottom line is that only you can set the protocol for whom you allow in your life. A potential date has got to live up to your standards, instead of you kow-towing to his. And in 2007-- with adult personal ads, dating services, Internet websites, Logo and multi progressive media that cater to every whim and lifestyle-- if the best you can show for dating prospects are ill-mannered, good-looking bigoted white men, then you set your ownself up for that disappointment and failure. So, what are you going to do about it?

Have you considered looking at websites that market predominately to Blacks and Latinos? Chances are, the white men who go to those websites are also looking to date outside of their race. You may not have as large a selection to choose from, but at least the race interest would be mutual, and you're likely to get more favorable responses.

A final analysis: Do you, yourself, embody all the qualities that you're looking for in a partner?

ibreak4LARGE

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I didn't say I don't date black guys, I do. just have grown up with different people and been more apt to date out of my race maybe because thats just the way it happened. I've never tried to seperate. I don't understand y I just couldn't ask a question, simply because that was the way it was put in the sites I was talking about. As soon as I went back to anoter site, I was faced again with not into black guys at all on dudesnude. I'm just used to wants been open and offered in the past, now I see people seperate, and wanted to know y....

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ibreak,

I applaud you for mentioning this sad fact about the gay community. All you have to do is read craigslist ads and you can see racism, religious intolerance, body hatred, and gender role discrimination. It's all there in its ugliness.

I really can't stand the guys who write in their ads, and I quote:

"No fats, no fems, no blacks. Sorry, that's just my preference."

No, don't apologize for being offensive if you're going to leave it there for everyone to read.

There is so much internalized self-hatred in the gay community. We have people asking for "masculine" partners who are "masculine" in mannerisms. How "masculine" do you look with a dick up your ass? Can we say role reversal and self-hatred?

And I'm so tired of people pawning all of this off on sexuality and "preferences." That's all a load of shit and you all who argue this way know it.

There are ways of getting your preferences across without having to be rude and offensive.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm black and mostly into dating outside of my race... Y is it that there are so many against the color of my skin?
LMAO, Not to be rude but, are you sure it's your skin and not your personality, clothing, halitosis?:tongue::redface:

]Sorry for being slightly off topic here but I think it's so funny how everyone is allowed to be racist except white people. :confused: [/b]What planet do you live on?!? Y'all invented racism! :eek: :mad: Could you imagine if they made a movie called 'black chicks' or if people in the ghetto were defined as 'black trash' Are you Frizzle's younger, dumber brother? You clearly know nothing of the enormity of the race issues in America.
There would be race riots......and looting, ...probably

On the issue of racial hangups, I'm sorry to say that you are the one with the racial hangup. You sound like my uncle. He only dated White women and one day his wife left him because she refused to just be his "White bitch". Inferring that he only wanted her because she was White. I beg to differ. Your uncle appears to have bought into the myth of the American Dream meaning you need a blonde haired, blue eyed woman to appear successful. Whereas the OP seems to just have bad taste in men lately. :tongue: It happens, I am guilty of it myself sometimes.:redface:
White Chicks was offensive?
IMO, White Chicks was stupid; but not offensive.

and we had to wait nearly a century for a black woman to win a
Best Actress oscar, and then they gave it to halle berry, the palest skinned black woman in hollywood....
hahaha I thought the same thing, we won't even go into the type of role she won it for. . .:rolleyes: :wink:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well I am black, and I have dated all different types. The one day I dated a hispanic guy and he turned me out. I can honestly say I have a latino fetish, which led me to my current husband.

Racism? In the gay cummunity? Yes it's there. Just like it is anywhere

littlebmc1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, for a first post, it was a good post ! Let's say that you do prefer white..it is a lot more acceptable to most of us if you state that as a preference and not as an exclusion! White only is offensive, prefer sex with white is much less so! Another way to avoid offending unnecessarily is to be ambiguous in the profile, but sort out the preferences during the messaging mating ritual! No one needs to offend in their profile any more than is necessary to get what they want!:smile:
That's true Donkeyboy9, it's not like i agree that it is perfectly okay to say WHITES ONLY and such (btw, i dont just like white people, but other races too :)) but i understand your point. the problem is that there really is no way around it, you either be upfront about your preference or else you're leading the other person on. if it is stated in the guy's profile, it saves both people time and energy. i believe "preference" and "only" can be very different too. for instance, if i say i "prefer" white men over another race to be polite, that person who is not white, might think they still have a chance, when they actually don't and then you're stuck trying to tell them in the nicest way possible that you don't find them attractive, (i've had to do it, and it isnt the best feeling at ALL!) it's a lose-lose situation really, you either say it in the profile and have EVERYONE think you're a racist or you tell that person privately:"sorry, just not that into you" :(