Y do Gay men have RACIAL HANGUPS?

littlebmc1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well I am black, and I have dated all different types. The one day I dated a hispanic guy and he turned me out. I can honestly say I have a latino fetish, which led me to my current husband.

Racism? In the gay cummunity? Yes it's there. Just like it is anywhere
it is disturbing to hear that people have fetishes for certain races because you're not liking that person for who they are, strictly their skin color only, just my opinion :)

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I Was Raised To Love Everyone No Matter What Race They Are...............i Think Black Men Are So Beautiful But I Live In A Smallish City Without Many And Would Be Unlikely To Meet One As I Dont Drink Or Do The Scene (how Else Could I Meet One?)....... Such A Pity As Id Like A Black Partner To Fall In Love With.

littlebmc1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
AMEN!!! you used a perfect example, craig's list is insane for that kinda stuff, when i first read some of those ads, i was completely blown away. practically EVERY single one had some type of racial preference, mostly all looking for masculine, top, white males!
i think it does have something to do with self-hatred in the gay community, it is either something to do with race or some form of being masculine or "straight-acting" why cant people just request a "normal-acting" guy, why does it have to be one extreme or another???
i wonder if the media has something to do with this? hmmmmm..... everytime i come across stuff like that in general, i always think of it having to do with abercrombie and fitch, and what gay men want in an ideal partner... but maybe it is just ME! :) i mean A LOT of "masculine" guys will have a part of their screename associated with abercrombie in someway, like (AnFjock21) or something, right??? can i get a witness!? LOL

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
To thediscobiscuit - Minorities can certainly be prejudiced, as all humans can. But to be racist, by definition, one must be in a position to exercise some kind of power or evoke some kind of privilege over a person or persons who are members of a group with a lower status. As a white person, I am always embarrased by the inevitable white person who insists that blacks - or whomever - are "allowed to be racist." Quit your ridiculous whining. It's a huge advantage to be born white in this country.

And I agree with the person who said that there are plenty of gays who have racial prejudices as well as plenty of blacks who are homophobic.

littlebmc1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Awwww :(
i feel your pain, i'm 20 and still waiting for mr.right :( or just someone in general.
i'm a virgin still and never did anything with a guy before. i'm not in the scene either because i find it all too scary for me! lol. i think i would have to be with my friends to explore that realm...so i'm kinda stuck in limbo...trying to find someone on lpsg or just waiting for a guy to come across at school, which for me is impossible, (i'm quite shy)
good luck to you, i hope you find someone soon in your small town :)

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I asked this once before, elsewhere, and got this slammed in my face(I believe it was said by quite_irrate):
Paraphrasing.

"People seek familiarity."
Translating into: If you don't look enough like them, they're uncomfortable and would rather not be in your company.

I find myself quite opposite, in that I don't seek much familiarity... and I don't think that makes me the odd one out.

The few white guys I've actually had a chance to ask why they werenty attracted to me eventually admitted that my race was a slight issue (I stick to things until I get an answer, so these men were nagged with questions for long long time). The latin guy I was with said, and I quote, "I don't like dating white men. They smell gross when wet." So it's not always a black or white skin thing. x.x;

Anyway, there's a lot of flaming here.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have a diploma, fuckstick!
So calling me an idiot wasn't true and therefore IS an insult. (a pretty poor excuse for one)

I could eat alphabetti spaghetti and shit out a more intelligent insult that that.

If thats all you know about race relations here in the U.S.,and clearly you don't,know much about us,you never would have made such a stupid comment. If I was trying to be nasty I would have,ask anyone,kid.
DonkeyBoy, he is clearly not at the same intelligence level as you,kind sir.
I seriously doubt he even knows what "germane" means,nor does he have a clue about anything the OP asked about,as evidenced by it's answers.
He won't be here too long,you can see it coming,Boot!
cigarbabe:saevil:

littlebmc1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
LOL, i've actually heard that saying before...about white people smelling bad when wet, i actually heard that growing up... i think that's a black/latino thing just to get back in some way at white people, which i find HILARIOUS, since it isnt even true.

mdshorts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hhmm....

I'll say this about that.

I don't think it's necessarily racism or discrimination. Call it basic sexual attraction?! I don't get offended when people aren't interested in me because I'm stocky and hair (bear cub!); it's just not what turns them on.
Some people are attracted to twinks. Some aren't
Some people are attracted to muscle dudes. Some aren't
Some people are attracted to people with accents. Some aren't
Some people like hairy stocky guys. Some don't.
Some people are attracfted to african-american men. Some aren't.

smooth923

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ibreak,

i Believe You Have Had Bad Experiences Also But I Don't Think Gay Men Are Racist Against Black Men. I Am A Gay White Man And My Partner Of 14 Years Is Black As Many Of My Friends Are Black. I Live In A Large City And I Use Public Transportation Often And I Hear Black People Making Nasty Comments About White People Almost On A Daily Basis During My Commute To/from Work And As Much As I Don't Like It That Does Not Mean That Because Of A Few Ignorant People That I Think All Black People Dislike White People And Blame All Of Their Problems On Them. On The Contrary The Majority Of Black People Are Nice And Good Decent People. Someday When You Least Expect It You Will Meet That Special Someone And Be Very Happy.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

I have a diploma, fuckstick!
So calling me an idiot wasn't true and therefore IS an insult. (a pretty poor excuse for one)

I could eat alphabetti spaghetti and shit out a more intelligent insult that that.

You really have a lousy attitude, and I imagine that"s the reason you're having rejections in your life.Racism is what YOU make it.Come to the States so I can call you "white trash".You've earned the title.
You would do yourself a favor by reading some of Cigarbabes post.She is very.balanced in her views and has some great wisdom.

Including Berry, black women have been nominated for Best Actress seven times since 1954. Black men have been nominated for Best Actor seventeen times. Black men have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor sixteen times. Black women have been nominated for Best Supporting Actress twelve times.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Y do Gay men have RACIAL HANGUPS?
Because they are human. :smile: Why should gay men be any different than straight men or women for that matter.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
delivered with such elequance!
you have a real skill with explaining yourself and portraying a balanced argument.

recieving half-assed insults from a 50 year old high-school drop-out is quite funny

When questioning the eloquence and intelligence of another, perhaps one might check their own grammar and spelling.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Halle is biracial yet, she identified as a black female
if your skin isn't white, they will not call you white.

Halle Berry is mulatto but you're not supposed to use that word any
more. :redface: :rolleyes:
I work with a beautiful single black woman. She's 39 years old and has a daughter in college. I was shocked when I found out her age as she doesn't look a day over 30. She is looking specifically for a black man and she cannot find one. Well, one that she likes and wants to actually pursue a relationship with. She constantly gets hit on by white guys, and is always turning them down. She told me she likes black men because that is her preference. She doesn't hate white men; she's just not into them. She knows what she likes and said she can also relate to black men more easily than white men. It is not racist at all.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I totally understand the OP's frustration; however it isn't "Gay men" who dislike black gays...but it's mostly men who aren't the same race as you. It happens to almost every man who is attracted to a different race, including myself.

I actually wrote a thread similar to this topic a little while ago. I'll link it later.

Asian men probably go through it as bad as many of us black guys who look outside our own race. To a certain degree it is about preference, but I believe our preferences can be tainted by the stigmas placed on races in gay society. We all know them, let's not pretend they don't exist.

As someone said a couple of pages ago, the way you carry yourself can also attract or turn off guys. Generally, confidence is a universally appealing trait. I'm not initially attracted to men of my own race, but I can't help but to be turned on by a masculine, confident black man (not a thug). I'm not saying that you need to change who you are and become a "bro," if that's not you...but maybe adding a trait that you know is synonymous with the men you like will help your problems disapate.

*I apologize if I touched any subjects or points that have been discussed previously as I didn't feel like reading many drawn-out posts lambasting the OP.