Y do Gay men have RACIAL HANGUPS?

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think racism is pretty feking stupid. Why would you not want to get to know someone, or even talk, interact etc, with someone just because of the colour of their skin? It seems stupid to me...

Now on the flip side if i meet you and you're black, white, brown, whatever, and you're an idiot, i might not like you because i personally don't like... not just because of your skin colour.

Now dealing with attaction, that might be a little different. For me, i am manly attracted to white guys but there are some really good looking black guys that i am attracted to as well. But i think it is a little more engrained... I don't think it's a concious thing that i prefer white guys. I find almost no asian or east asian men attractive... in some cases it is quite a turn off. It's nothing personal against asians, but something in my brain just doesn't find them attractive.

But i think that is different from having a "racial hangup" as you describe. Putting "no blacks" in your profile is definitly racist and pure wrong. The gay community needs to be more accepting of other minorities as well.

obil

1st Like
Media
Simcha, give me a break! Everyone has preferences as to what they desire in a partner. What you are saying is that people should date others they don't find attractive. Dating a person for the sole purpose of proving a point is not morally or ethically right.

I don't find blacks or Asians attractive so I don't date them. That is not to say that there are not good-looking blacks or Asians, there certainly are. I'm open to the possiblity that my attractions might change though.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I;m black and mostly ino dating outside of my race... Y is it that there are so many against the color of my skin?

Well, I think that it is honest. Let them date who they want to. After all, you don't date EVERY body you meet. I know that I surely don't. People like who they like doesn't mean that you are ugly. There are white guys who like you. There are black guys out there who like you. There are [whatever the race you are] guys who like you. You will have to find out if you like them. You have to be there at the right time and the right moment. Hehehe. Affinity is a two-way street.

Why do people like who they like? Some people like different things. Some people like same things. You aren't going to convince a man to not like who they don't. So, you have to find out who likes you for you are. There are venues and avenues where you can find potential likeable men. (Make sure it isn't the internet. Go out. Meet people.)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Simcha, give me a break! Everyone has preferences as to what they desire in a partner. What you are saying is that people should date others they don't find attractive. Dating a person for the sole purpose of proving a point is not morally or ethically right.

I don't find blacks or Asians attractive so I don't date them. That is not to say that there are not good-looking blacks or Asians, there certainly are. I'm open to the possiblity that my attractions might change though.

I agree. People shouldn't date me if they aren't attracted to me. I want a man that likes me as much as I do them. To find a person that loves you like that is worth it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
She is looking specifically for a black man and she cannot find one. Well, one that she likes and wants to actually pursue a relationship with. She constantly gets hit on by white guys, and is always turning them down. She told me she likes black men because that is her preference. She doesn't hate white men; she's just not into them. She knows what she likes and said she can also relate to black men more easily than white men. It is not racist at all.

I remember a straight white guy I knew at the gay bar where I worked. (He was a total hottie.) He tried to pick up this straight black woman who I thought was very sexy. But she turned that hot white guy down. She was into straight black guys. (Plus at that time, she had recently got out of a bad relationship with her black boyfriend.)

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why don't you answer your own question? Why are you mostly not "into" dating men who are of your own race?-- it's the same thing, dude!

Do we have to extend political correctness to our most private (i.e., sexual) tastes and behavior too?! ABSURD!

I;m black and mostly ino dating outside of my race... Y is it that there are so many against the color of my skin?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, I think that it is honest. Let them date who they want to. After all, you don't date EVERY body you meet. I know that I surely don't. People like who they like doesn't mean that you are ugly. There are white guys who like you. There are black guys out there who like you. There are [whatever the race you are] guys who like you. You will have to find out if you like them. You have to be there at the right time and the right moment. Hehehe. Affinity is a two-way street.

Why do people like who they like? Some people like different things. Some people like same things. You aren't going to convince a man to like who they don't. So, you have to find out who likes you for you are. There are venues and avenues where you can find potential likeable men. (Make sure it isn't the internet. Go out. Meet people.)

(I had to correct some English errors. Compare and contrast to find out where. Sorry.) :rolleyes::smile:

bstexas

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ibreak4LARGE started another thread yesterday called: Interracial? Anyone into dating outside their race in the Dallas Texas area?

then he asks: so Y do you think people have hangups about color like its gonna disease them or something?

That thread only lasted 7 posts and this has lasted a LOT longer. I wrote the following message in the other post but am putting it here as well because it's almost about the same topic more or less:

ibreak4LARGE ... your question: so Y do you think people have hangups about color like its gonna disease them or something?

That's sorta a stupid question.

Why do some people think if someone sneeze next to them they'll catch AIDS?

That's sorta a stupid question too.

Not all people have hangups about color. I'm white, grew up in a racially charged all white town in East Texas, but have dated African American, Asian, Latin American, Mediterranean (and White) among others. My current partner of over 5 years is a Spanish/Middle Eastern Venezuelan. Go figure.

From the way you've posed this type of question in a couple threads, sounds like you might have a chip on your shoulder. Just my guess and maybe I'm wrong. You have to be open to others accepting you for whatever you are. Some people aren't comfortable dating outside their race for a number of reasons. That doesn't mean they are all haters.

Maybe the way you've presented yourself to others wasn't to their liking. Or maybe you're just too anxious to prove someone that you CAN date someone outside your race and you are forcing it onto the wrong people.

Do you have friends who have dated outside their race? Have you talked to them about it? How they have been successful or not? Or maybe join a Black/White social organization (they do exist). I'm sure that you will find someone (if you keep looking).

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Why do people like who they like? Some people like different things. Some people like same things. You aren't going to convince a man to like who they don't. So, you have to find out who likes you for you are. There are venues and avenues where you can find potential likeable men. (Make sure it isn't the internet. Go out. Meet people.)

(I had to correct some English errors. Compare and contrast to find out where. Sorry.) :rolleyes::smile:
You are the bomb!:smile::wink:

it is disturbing to hear that people have fetishes for certain races because you're not liking that person for who they are, strictly their skin color only, just my opinion :)

Yea thats unfortunate... ive dated in multiple races.. but yea i find alot of black and mixed especially attractive... but its wrong to limit one's self completely from the possibilities.

LOL, i've actually heard that saying before...about white people smelling bad when wet, i actually heard that growing up... i think that's a black/latino thing just to get back in some way at white people, which i find HILARIOUS, since it isnt even true.

i tend to think i smell better when im wet especially coming out of the shower lol

B_BlkDahlian

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Obviously I've had more experience to even ask the question. Its more than a few times, and if you can't give positive feedback or even know something of the topic leave it alone.
honestly, did you expect to get the truth or a straight forward answer out of those people? They already have preconceived you before even getting to know you. They will tell you it's you when in reality it is them. But I can guarantee to you if they are somewhere no one knows them, they would be on their knees in an alley ask to suck you off or a quick fuck. iMO you should do some soul searching and find someone of your own race that is evenly yoked to you. You shouldn't put yourself in the position to let them have that type of power over you.

D_xzdffgwr

Just Browsing
Media
Why don't you answer your own question? Why are you mostly not "into" dating men who are of your own race?-- it's the same thing, dude!

Do we have to extend political correctness to our most private (i.e., sexual) tastes and behavior too?! ABSURD!

This is hilarious :).

He doesn't find men of his own race appealing enough to date in most cases and then wonders why men of other races don't find his race appealing to date...yet only one of these is wrong in his mind.

D_xzdffgwr

Just Browsing
Media
honestly, did you expect to get the truth or a straight forward answer out of those people? They already have preconceived you before even getting to know you. They will tell you it's you when in reality it is them. But I can guarantee to you if they are somewhere no one knows them, they would be on their knees in an alley ask to suck you off or a quick fuck. iMO you should do some soul searching and find someone of your own race that is evenly yoked to you. You shouldn't put yourself in the position to let them have that type of power over you.

I'm surprised you're even allowed to post here, you've got some serious problems with white people.
Nearly everything I've seen from you is racism-lite.

Luv-Big-n-Hung

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, I'm a black male living in Mississippi and I can say that I have been rejected by guys because of my race. And it does hurt that someone want even take the time to look pass your skin color and take a moment to get to know you. I just feel that even if you are not interested in that person for a possible relationship, you can still get to know them because there could be a great friend standing in front of you. But I get over it.
And all of my serious relationship have been with white guys, nothing that I planned for, it is just the way it has happen. And I don't think I am rejected anymore by white guys than black but it is more of a slap in the face when you are told it's because of my race.

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

...LOL, damn BlkDahlian, you pretty much said what needed to be said sans the bullshit PC filter. OP and others in this predicament, listen to what he's saying as the validity is priceless. You should never let anyone retain such power over you. Particularly when those who care nothing for you to begin with, aren't capable of delivering on and building upon your happiness in the first place.

Cheers