Y do Gay men have RACIAL HANGUPS?

D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I;m black and mostly ino dating outside of my race... Y is it that there are so many against the color of my skin?

========================================================

Not necessarily; you wouldn't know unless you were told of their prejudices. It's a matter of preferences.

I'm a black female and I prefer white men to black men, but I'll date a black, Hispanic, Native American, or any other man, who's intelligent, educated, has a great personality, and who generally takes an interest in me.

Be open-minded and you'll find your dream.

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sex is a very personal and intimate thing, as such people are entitled to their personal preferences. I respect those preferences based on race for whatever the reason might be. What I am hearing is that you dislike rejection, and that you happen to be black. Were you rejected because the person didn't like you. Or were you rejected because you are black. That may be a hard one to figure out. To say it is wrong is to say that sexually you should be accepted in all situations because it is wrong to reject you. Let's say some guy has a huge belly and he happens to be black. I might reject him because that belly isn't a turn on for me.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People want to say that racism is somehow not a problem anymore, that we have evolved passed it. These are the same people who probably say the same thing about sexism, homophobia, and other forms of oppression as well. It's all bullshit if you ask me. We live in a capitalist society; of course oppression is still a huge problem! I will admit that when others are different than you in a way that you did not expect or consider, it can cause hesitation. I want to eliminate that hesitation because as human beings, we are the same and deserve the same human rights. Solidarity!

It is a problem in the gay community as well. I think the key here is open discussion. We have to admit to our mistakes and prejudices before we can work against it.
Also, there is a difference between racism and prejudice. Whites (in the developed world) have power while blacks do not, right? This has led me to believe that whites can be racist whiles blacks can simply be prejudice (as opposed to racist). A negative opinion can be used in a social setting to create further power imbalances by whites but not other races because these races do not have the power to do such a thing in the first place. Could that be construed as part of racism too?

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This has led me to believe that whites can be racist whiles blacks can simply be prejudice (as opposed to racist).

This is the only thing I disagree with.

As a black guy, that grew up around some violently racist relatives, seeing some rather hateful posts by certain self-identified black members on here & other websites, along with just running into it occasionally, I can assure you the black community can be just as racist as any other demographic.

As fuck-ugly as it is, no demographic is innocent from bigotry.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

As a black guy, that grew up around some violently racist relatives, seeing some rather hateful posts by certain self-identified black members on here & other websites, along with just running into it occasionally, I can assure you the black community can be just as racist as any other demographic.

Did you read the rest of my post so you could respond to my full argument, rather than a single snapshot of it?

What I was saying is that racism has a social component to it, which people often overlook. Having a negative opinion of another race alone does not qualify as racist I believe. There is more to racism than opinion alone.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Black people can't be racist simply because they don't hold any power in society. Only when they can prevent you from a large amount of job, roles in Holywood, goverment is when racism is present. It's just prejudice.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Did you read the rest of my post so you could respond to my full argument, rather than a single snapshot of it?

What I was saying is that racism has a social component to it, which people often overlook. Having a negative opinion of another race alone does not qualify as racist I believe. There is more to racism than opinion alone.
I agree with this.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with this.

Thank you!

Black people can't be racist simply because they don't hold any power in society. Only when they can prevent you from a large amount of job, roles in Holywood, goverment is when racism is present. It's just prejudice.

Just for clarification, I believe you are referring to second class citizenship. Whites can impose such citizenship on other races in the developed world, but never the other way around. Give me one strong example.

On top of that, saying that racial minorities can be just as racist as caucasians can be construed of a lack of acknowledgement of racism as a problem in todays society. It reveals the opinion (whether it is conscious or not) that racial minorities are not second class citizens. Bullshit.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you!

Just for clarification, I believe you are referring to second class citizenship. Whites can impose such citizenship on other races in the developed world, but never the other way around. Give me one strong example.

On top of that, saying that racial minorities can be just as racist as caucasians can be construed of a lack of acknowledgement of racism as a problem in todays society. It reveals the opinion (whether it is conscious or not) that racial minorities are not second class citizens. Bullshit.

That made me lol.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^^One of the points I was making is that blacks have second class citizenship, like many other minorities in America. While for a white person, not being liked for the color of the skin is no big deal, it is completely different for someone who is black. It impacts every single aspect of their lives if I have it correctly.

That is part of the point anyway.

Last edited:

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My question to the original poster is "Who cares?" If people don't like you, or don't even want to get to know you, because you are black, aren't you better off without them?
Well yeah, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sting. To be told ''I don't like you because of things you can't control'' can hurt.

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
^^One of the points I was making is that blacks have second class citizenship, like many other minorities in America. While for a white person, not being like for the color of the skin is no big deal, it is completely different for someone who is black. It impacts every single aspect of their lives if I have it correctly.

That is part of the point anyway.
Exactly. I get turned down for a role because of my race. I definable know I won't be on the Bachelor. Won't be a James Bond. I'm stereotyped before anyone knows me.If I say something, I'm a complainer. It goes on and on and on (we are the champions!).

Think of it this way. Being white, if you get picked on if you were to live in the ghetto...eh well you have a larger portion of America to attend to. Black people can't do that in reverse.

I'm usually conscious when I'm in a 'wealth, republican, white' area here in Missouri just because I know if something goes wrong I'll be the 1st to be pulled over or the cops called on. I'd rather have full citizenship...but..hey...what can ya do?

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Exactly. I get turned down for a role because of my race. I definable know I won't be on the Bachelor. Won't be a James Bond. I'm stereotyped before anyone knows me.If I say something, I'm a complainer. It goes on and on and on (we are the champions!).

Think of it this way. Being white, if you get picked on if you were to live in the ghetto...eh well you have a larger portion of America to attend to. Black people can't do that in reverse.

I'm usually conscious when I'm in a 'wealth, republican, white' area here in Missouri just because I know if something goes wrong I'll be the 1st to be pulled over or the cops called on. I'd rather have full citizenship...but..hey...what can ya do?

As a homosexual, I also experience second class citizenship. It is different however.

We can fight for what is right, and shout Solidarity. That is what we can do. The only way we gain any rights whatsoever. Any rights of the working class, for example, have come from the labor movement (NOT Democrats). The labor movement has been people fighting for the rights that they otherwise would not have received. The 8-hour work day, minimum wage, the weekend, paid vacations, etc? All of these things have come from the labor movement...

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Really?

So, when a white person hates or discriminates against another because of the color of their skin, it's "racism" just because "they" as a whole hold more political clout, but when a black person does the exact same thing, it's different just because they "might" not hold a position of power?

So, I guess it isn't racist when my uncle refuses to hire white people for his shipping company? Or that one of my cousins is now in prison because he beat an interracial couple to death, because "snowflakes don't belong with the sistas," in his words.

To me, that's pretty racist in itself.

Is there a problem with racism and other forms of bigotry? Fuck yes, but that's not just with one demographic. There are bigoted individuals in every group.

Just because a "group" isn't in power, doesn't mean they can't be guilty of hatred. And that's exactly what racism is, racial hatred.

And before someone goes up with the whole "you don't understand.", or "black people have it so bad" thing. There is a pic of my black self attached to this message. While I've been discriminated against by many individuals for many reasons in many areas of the world, besides being "black," it's never been bad enough to slow down my success, I've never felt like a second-class citizen by an entire demographic, even living in one of the whitest cities in the US (Scottsdale), and for damn sure I've seen plenty of racial hatred come from "this side," even among our own people (I.E light skin v.s dark, "good" hair v.s nappy) especially when I lived in Detroit.

Power has very little to do with bigotry, stupidity does. And stupidity knows no bounds.

That's just my opinion, though. You're free to disagree.

Attachments

ck1x

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know that most here got way off topic but I too feel this way! Its not that I dislike ethnic guys at all, but I just find that I'm attracted to most white guys normally. But as the original poster stated, it is a hang up or wall built up in society that seems as though most white guys aren't into black guys or just aren't open to it as prevalent. It could be that being gay is already hard enough but then having to take someone home to meet the family that is a different race does seem to still be a deal breaker for a lot of people. Despite what most people think, race is always a hot topic button pusher and I just wish people would feel comfortable enough to just love who they love!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@Remington You give anecdotal evidence and then continue with a perspective lacking social context.

Of course there are individuals who break the norm in one or two ways. There always will be. Such occurrences are isolated and by no means a cultural phenomenon at any level.

I will re-state what I said before. Racism has a social component, which you clearly lack perspective of. Racial hatred is prejudice while racism is so much more. Let me give you a few examples.
America has had 6 black senators in total, 4 since post-reconstruction (Four Black U.S. Senators Since Reconstruction—Who & Why So Few? )
America has had four black state governors in total (How many black governors have there been in the history of the US)
We've had one black president

Are you telling me that these numbers are meaningless? I'm sure there are otehr examples...

LGX

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Really?

So, when a white person hates or discriminates against another because of the color of their skin, it's "racism" just because "they" as a whole hold more political clout, but when a black person does the exact same thing, it's different just because they "might" not hold a position of power?

So, I guess it isn't racist when my uncle refuses to hire white people for his shipping company? Or that one of my cousins is now in prison because he beat an interracial couple to death, because "snowflakes don't belong with the sistas," in his words.

To me, that's pretty racist in itself.

Is there a problem with racism and other forms of bigotry? Fuck yes, but that's not just with one demographic. There are bigoted individuals in every group.

Just because a "group" isn't in power, doesn't mean they can't be guilty of hatred. And that's exactly what racism is, racial hatred.

And before someone goes up with the whole "you don't understand.", or "black people have it so bad" thing. There is a pic of my black self attached to this message. While I've been discriminated against by many individuals for many reasons in many areas of the world, besides being "black," it's never been bad enough to slow down my success, I've never felt like a second-class citizen by an entire demographic, even living in one of the whitest cities in the US (Scottsdale), and for damn sure I've seen plenty of racial hatred come from "this side," even among our own people (I.E light skin v.s dark, "good" hair v.s nappy) especially when I lived in Detroit.

Power has very little to do with bigotry, stupidity does. And stupidity knows no bounds.

That's just my opinion, though. You're free to disagree.
Well then I'd reckon you're pretty ignorant and have fooled yourself into thinking that in US society.

How many black CEOs do you see? How many black actors not in stereotypical roles? Why is there outrage when a black person is cast in a white role?

Sociologists Noël A. Cazenave and Darlene Alvarez Maddern define racism as “...a highly organized system of 'race'-based group privilege that operates at every level of society and is held together by a sophisticated ideology of color/'race' supremacy'

George Zimmerman would have been locked up if he were dead.

You obviously don't know what racism is. Have you seen the black holocaust?

Black people can be prejudice. But racist, no. Not in America or Europe at least.

"The White Man's Burden" ring a bell?

You obviously haven't looked at the black community lately and how messed up it is. The entire structure of society has benefited from blacks people on the bottom. Let's not forget the world. Look what happened to the Aborginal tribes in Australia.

Black people can't be racist and most certainly not against white people. Whites have bigger incomes, higher chances of having inheritance and are disproportionately in high positions.

No one said what a black person does is wrong. It just doesn't currently hold as much weight. No one said a black person couldn't be successful.

In Japan, a Japanese can be racist against a chinese (or Korean for that matter), but the reverse can't happen in Japan simply because a bigoted person of non Japanese decent has no power.

Go try singing up at a modeling agency. Are you a white person dipped in chocolate?

I'm not saying black people could or should be able to do something. It is just different when you HAVE no influence and nobody feels bad for you. When a little black girl disappears, she's a blip on the news. A little white girl the same age, it's breaking news.

Look at the top 100 grossing movies of all time, how many have prominent black stars? And when you delete Will Smith?

I'm done with my rant.